ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Contract £35, Unlimited txts, 550 min, anyone use it?

Clio DCi 65
Thinkin of gettin a new one now my ones just finished,

Not sure whether to go for the that new sony one?

Anyone got any ideas,

I think im goin with orange unlimitd txt n 550 mins for 35quid,

u also get free broadband?

anyone on this atm?

Clio DCi 65
OMG!

The fact that my car was due back today and it isnt spoils ur day,

and then sum1 says that just wrecks it even more lol,

Get me some discount haha

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
yep i use it, had no problems so far. its great knowing that i wont spend more than £35 a month. just a shame MMS arent included in the free bundle. guess that is what email is for

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My Mum is on it, the f*****s won't let me change, so I'm stuck paying £45 for 400 mins and 1000 texts.

Broadband is also good (well I haven't had any problems). That is with the wireless and the wired broadband. You need to have broadband already (not just a phone line), but am guessing you will have, lol.

Very good deal IMO.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I moved onto this a couple of month back, been spot on..... and now 4 of my mates (was at one last night setting up the wireless to his mac). One of my mates had BT offer him his broadband for 1/2 price when he said he was leaving. He said but its FREE so if you cant offer it me for free please cancel it. Orange are certainly onto a winner with this i think. They just have to make sure the network is upto the task (which it hasnt been for a few people).

Clio DCi 65
I think im going to order it today,

My 18month contract finished with 3 and im so fed up of my SHITE!! motorolla c795 BRICK!!!

Think im gunna get that new sony one that slides down,

Only thing that worries me is the download limit,

I think its 2 gig?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Dont think its a big issue. Wanadoo never enforced it and ive heard of people downloading silly amounts and never hearing anything back from the ISP. Just dont take the p*ss and i think your ok.

Renault Clio 05' 1.2 16v
Yep i'm going on to that, its good as if u dont use all your 550 minutes in a month they are transferred onto the next one.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
One thing you need to be careful with this tariff.....

I've always used delivery reports with my texts but on Dolphin they cost you 1p each.

My texts went up from about 200 per month on my old tariff to nearly 700 on Dolphin costing me nearly 7 quid because of the reports.

I phoned up to complain I hadn't been told and they refunded it but I've had to turn off the reports. Shame coz they were handy.

Check your bills.

ph quick
They never contact you about the broadband, you have to chase them up constantly to get ti set up...

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I'm on it, free broadband, 550mins, unlimited text and unlimited calls to my magic number (which is the gf). All for £35, been with orange for 7 years, no problems, have always been spot on.

Golf GTI 1.8T
keep meaning to ring and change my plan over to it if they will.

peeps with regards to the free broadband whats the usage limit on it?

cheers

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I switched from O2 to orange earlier in the year and they've been piss poor. Terrible reception, network outages etc. Luckily I didn't get suckered into a 12 month contract, so I'll be off elsewhere once it's up.

The free broadband cap is 2GB/mo. They've just introduced paid for "tiers" on their broadband (i.e "unlimited" - with fair use policy for £17 iirc), so I'd expect them to start policing the 2GB cap rigorously soon.

Sounds like a nightmare to me, 18 months locked into orange with both your mobile & broadband, shudder!!!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
christ that aint a lot. might be enough for missus at her place though. £17 for unlimited is a bit high too, we get that with Toucan for £21 but which also includes all uk landline calls unlimted.

sn00p are you still using the N80, if you are its not orange's reception that is bad, the N80 is just a s**t phone for using signal for some reason.

get an old nokia on orange in an area where your N80 has s**t signal and I bet the other phone has good signal.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
christ that aint a lot. might be enough for missus at her place though. £17 for unlimited is a bit high too, we get that with Toucan for £21 but which also includes all uk landline calls unlimted.

sn00p are you still using the N80, if you are its not orange's reception that is bad, the N80 is just a s**t phone for using signal for some reason.

get an old nokia on orange in an area where your N80 has s**t signal and I bet the other phone has good signal.

Nah, not around here! Orange is just sh*t here!

My dad has the same problem with orange reception, he's getting very pissed off with orange now, he's been with them for 11/12 years and he's going to switch network ASAP.

I was in cowley yesterday and my gf was trying to send a message from her phone and it wasn't happening, she was getting quite annoyed - so I checked from my phone and I had no signal, so another blackspot!

I love my N80 now, it was annoying me a little before the FW upgrade, but since then it's been brilliant, apart from yesterday when the "AP Browser" thingy crashed and carried on running in the background and drained the battery in record time!

A3 1.8T
True, still a bloody good deal though from orange will be hard to find a deal to beat the dolphin conract. IF only i could get out of this bloody Vodafone contract.

S13
Wasn't there a bloke on here who downloaded like 50gb in 2 days on Orange and said he hadn't heard anything? Mind you I haven't seen much of him since then..

182 has now gone!
Thinkin of gettin a new one now my ones just finished,

Not sure whether to go for the that new sony one?

Anyone got any ideas,

I think im goin with orange unlimitd txt n 550 mins for 35quid,

u also get free broadband?

anyone on this atm?

I got this the other week, I upgraded to this tariff but got it for £30 a month and a free k800i.. Only cause I said I would leave orange cause they wouldnt give me the phone for free.

Last edited:
  Clio DCi 65
lol,

I might try blaggin it that my bro been on orange for so long and that he will be leaving otherwise!!

they wont let him change his contract either so try have a go at them for that aswell!!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
iv had a fair few probs with orange, so went back to O2.

the fair use policy is 3000 last time i looked. still s**t loads of txts tho! cant believe they charge for delivery reports tho!

Golf GTI 1.8T
i know the f*****s caught me out with that, 0.1p iirc. but still!!

i dont remember being told it would happen and they wouldnt refund me any money.

what pisses me off more is that the reports arent charged on pay as you go as far as i know.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
We get free Orange broadband (formerly Freeserve/Wanadoo) because our contract is above £30 so maybe that should be something you look into as well. Saved us £15p.c.m

ex Clio 172 owner :(
i know the f**kers caught me out with that, 0.1p iirc. but still!!

i dont remember being told it would happen and they wouldnt refund me any money.

It's 1p per report. Something like 0.85p each but with VAT it's like 1p each.

At first the woman said they could not refund me the cost of all the reports but I kicked off saying I should have been told.

They then gave me it back.