ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSX Lion Thread

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
PLUS!!! if i want to be gay and type a s**t load of letters... i used to be able to just press and hold the key... like LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i could just hold the O and it would repeat until i let go, but now it only does one and if i hold it brings up random s**t!

Tesla MP3 2021
Anyone using SABnzbd+

The icon has disapeared from the tool bar, how do you get it back?

Because Lion doesn't like my partitions I have to reformat everything and start from scratch. What a waste of money, I am not buying a external drive just to back up.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Parallells works fine on mine now. Had a few bugs but I'm all good now.

No problems with Steam either? :eek:

Also, the Magic Trackpad finally makes sense for the iMac. lol.

57 Clio Campus Sport
What did people use before a Magic Trackpad? I've not used anything different.

Nice article on Lion security:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/21/mac_os_x_lion_security/

“It's a significant improvement, and the best way that I've described the level of security in Lion is that it's Windows 7, plus, plus,” said Dino Dai Zovi, principal of security consultancy Trail of Bits and the coauthor of The Mac Hacker's Handbook.

Not that anything makes a difference any more.

Last edited:
I'm proper into the natural scrolling now. I think it's essential to use it that way for Lion to work properly as a whole. Feels as natural as flicking a page around on an iPhone after a few hours effort to get used to it. Never doubt Steve.

With regards to the question about SAB, I don't have it on this machine but will try it out later and report back. Wouldn't be surprised if it's bricked.

The only issue I have with training myself on the reverse scrolling is that I don't always use a Mac. I use a Windows machine all day at work. I'm not clever enough to keep swapping.

f**k Windows. I use it too. I'll just have to be slower. I'm not compromising my Mac experience to compensate for that POS operating system, and frankly, I'm appalled that you are.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I'm imagining Roy going round to peoples houses and shouting at them if he finds a pc.

Like I said before, I can imagine that if you have to scroll the other way all day it would be a bit off-putting but just think of it as using a massive iPad and you're sorted.

Go cry to your momma!
LOLLL at you still going on about the scrolling Roy..

I'm sticking oldskool...for now!

Lion has broke TimeMachine support for my Qnap NAS now too, joy!
As someone else has said, need to wait for an update which could be some time away.
Time to dig an external drive out and attach it to my airport I think.

Open thread. s**t thread? Flick it off the screen with two fingers and you're back where you started. It's simply epic as f**k.

RIP Dan
Left Lion d/l overnight and its only half way. Not moved at all on the progress bar since 7am. Should I restart it?? Can I restart it? or is EVERYBODY in the world connected to Apple and its slow as fcuk?

RIP Dan
I haven't paused it, the fcuking thing hasn't moved at all since I got up this morning. Can I reset it is what I meant.

RIP Dan
I'd just leave it to sort itself out. Glad I downloaded it early on before the whole world realised it was available.

iFail as I wanted to do this but Mrs Bully was doing some crap on there and didnt want to faff and sort the d/l out.

Spose I should have manned up and told her to do it.

Getting back to the SABnzbd+ observation from earlier, yeah the toolbar 'app' is bricked. Doesn't appear at all. Thankfully the app still works just fine apart from that, so I'm just leaving it open as a tab in Safari.

Love the little animation when your download stuff in safari. Just love all of Lion. It makes Snow Leopard look like Windows 95.

<3 you Steve! :eek: x

If someone tells me there's a plugin so I can have favicons below the address bar at the top instead of just a written link to one of my favourites, I'll swap to Safari.

How is text more minimalist than a 16px icon you clownshoe?

Maybe I'll dondense them to 3 letters or something. HMMMM! Maybe Roy. I'm not making any promises.

LOL at personal insults because you want pretty little icons for your favourites. What use is a 16x16 icon on a 2560x1400 27" iMac? Must look like a full stop.

I simply stating that the word Favicon is super gay, and you have to unleash the insults just because you have a higher post count and an orange name :(