ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSX Lion Thread

Is there an option to not display my username in the tool bar?

I couldn't find an option to remove it, so just dragged it off (apple key, right click, and drag your name off the toolbar)

edit: or you could just do the above..

Last edited:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't find an option to remove it, so just dragged it off (apple key, right click, and drag your name off the toolbar)

edit: or you could just do the above..

Nice one. Cheers for that.

Any ideas how to put it back should i need to?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL @ this hero postage. Anyone would think its massively different.

What i would like is smart scrolling like ios seems to manage. Why do i need to use two fingers?

57 Clio Campus Sport
i personally thing the gestures are epic.

the only thing i wish i could do was 2 finger swipe between finder windows .. then it would be perfect

Check out bettertouchtool, you can set custom gestures so you could choose one for cmd+` that only operates when using finder.

I use it to change songs on iTunes and just set one up so I can use my thumb and little finger to change tabs on Safari.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Photo%252520on%25252020-07-2011%252520at%25252021.56.jpg

Also just noticed that the dock icons have a shadow behind them on the desktop. Subtle but definitely new.

EDIT: That shadow fades as the icon zooms to the foreground. Such amazing attention to detail.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Its not there, I'm not f**king stupid

ScreenShot2011-07-20at215954.gif

Can this be deleted?

Mine:
screenshot20110720at221ik.png

I don't know why iTunes Helper is there, I don't start iTunes on Login.

Also, have I got something wrong, does it only save your current state if restarting and not if you fully shutdown?

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
After about 5 restarts everything works. Oh and Lion has this iOS style autocorrect. Its ace, i can type like a dick and it corrects it all.
Gone back to safari too, much nicer than chrome at the moment.

Really liking the multiple desktop idea, will make it easier when I'm editing photos. As I can have Bridge open in one monitor, Photoshop in the other. Then when I want to go to a webpage, swipe to the next desktop and voila! Then swipe back to editing, and I don't have to close/minimise programs.

Definitely a leap forward for the OS.

After about 5 restarts everything works. Oh and Lion has this iOS style autocorrect. Its ace, i can type like a dick and it corrects it all.
Gone back to safari too, much nicer than chrome at the moment.

Chrome is s**t. Always has been. despite being awesome, it's always felt like a beta, and it hasn't even been updated to work with Lion. Fail.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Chrome is s**t. Always has been. despite being awesome, it's always felt like a beta, and it hasn't even been updated to work with Lion. Fail.
Someone needs to write an app that syncs all your browsers together. Thats the main reason i use chrome as its like a continuous client between my work PC (XP Pro) and My mac

So to clarify, my MBP with a windows NTFS partition - I should avoid updating for the moment?

No not really. Depends on what you have installed to handle NTFS. I had MASSIVE problems with MacFuse that took several hours to sort out. If you don't have any drivers installed then you'll be fine. Paragon NTFS also gives you flawless write ability under Lion.