ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overtaking flashers!

I love a good straight peice of A11 and overtake, and whilst doing so will exceed the 60 limit. Nothing wrong with that as the law allows it. PS this road is long and straight with no hills.

Ill be pleased to let you know the outcome of this mid March [A9 if youre interested]

Mojo

BMW 320d Sport

Anyone who flashes if you ovetake is a tw*t. Plain and simple. They do it to everyone who dares to overtake them while they dawdle along at 40mph on a 60mph A or B-road. The reason why is because they honestly believe that overtaking is wrong. The highway code says that all drivers must regularly check their mirrors and make sure they are not slowing down the normal flow of traffic and if they are causing a tailback they should pull over to let people pass.

Its the same with chevrons. My understanding is that chevrons are not in any way prohibited from being driven on. The most common use for chevrons seems to be where you have an old A-road that was built nice and wide with at least 3 lanes width. So of course people use it that extra width to safely overtake.

That cannot be allowed by local councils because the overall road planning strategy nowadays is to slow private motorists down so much that the drip-drip effect (of double yellow lines, congested towns, inability to overtake, 50mph limits on open straight roads in the middle of nowhere, speed cameras, road calming) gradually persuades everyone to use public transport. Chevrons are another weapon in the hidden public transport agenda to make people doubt their ability or the legitimacy of overtaking the arsehole crawling along in front.

In fact all you need to look out for, which is what we all learnt on our driving test, is solid white lines. The rule is simple - solid white line: do not cross. If you look at chevrons, most still have dashed white lines because even though they would like to trick you into not daring to overtake on a lovely wide clear road, legally, you are still entitled to, and therefore they have to retain the dashed white lines on each side of the chevron area. I see chevrons as a lane separator which acts as a warning that there may be traffic coming the opposite direction.

BMW 320d Sport

Oh and btw, if anyone dares flash me when I overtake, or even worse, actually accelerates to try and tailgate me, I dip my mirror, put my rear foglight on and let out a big bang/flash from the exhaust. That usually sorts them out and they back off LOL

Clio 182

You do get some right arsy people when you overtake. I had a knobend in a golf gti follow me for miles because i overtook him, loser!

133/225/CLS AMG

I dunno what it is about people but they definately get the arseh*le if you over take them. Maybe they just dont like having a better looking, faster car overtake them.

Some old coffin dodger nearly hit my car the other day. Im turning left at a set of traffic lights onto a dual carrageway. He seems to think that both lanes go left although hes on my right. He nearly took my front wing off the dopy old git. Then because I undertook him (he was doing 30mph in the fast lane) he jammed his main beams on!!! An appaling driver who has the cheek to try and tell other drivers off. :mad: