ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Own a HTC Hero? Want 2.1?

White Sti Hatch
i used Handy Backup but im starting to fall out with it on the contacts side as its saved them all Last name = First name and First = Last so all my contacts are fucked up !

Worked fine the first time i used it but now its just being a c**t !

Running Modaco's 2.1 ROM btw works a treat !

White Sti Hatch
i got my contacts save to google so they sync with facebook etc but its a ballache to keep attatching them after each rom install

How do i go about re syncing them with my phone ive got them all saved in my Googlemail account ?

Golf GTi Mk2
People who bought sim free unbranded phones are receiving the preliminary update for the official upgrade, orange tmobile and 3 users are being made to wait so these networks can add there branding and test the new roms.
As that is a massive kick in the swingers (testing could take months) I'm gonna root and install custom Rom. Am I right in thinking that villainroms lateset, 10.x.x is based on the official gsm update, albeit the tawainese version? If so i'll give it a bash.

yes it is james :) but it appears the modaco's version is a little more stable.

villainrom has changed random stuff to make a improvement but at the sacrifice of stability whereas modaco is 100% original

yea always wipe, modaco is the way formward. theres 2 roms that paul has made, a 1.5 one and a 2.1. the 1.5 is the best, quickest and most stable rom out there IMO
im going to flash the modoco rom tomorrow

White Sti Hatch
Ive had no Probs at all with his "Beta" 2.1 rom so far been running it for around 4 days now

182FF with cup packs
Ive had no Probs at all with his "Beta" 2.1 rom so far been running it for around 4 days now

Pauls ROMS at Modaco are always pretty damn stable no matter what sort of release they are. I was using his "Alpha" of 2.1 Sense UI on the Nexus, and apart from Bluetooth being unreliable it was damn near perfect.

Diesel Barge
I've been looking at the modaco site, can anyone link me to the latest 2.1 modaco release, it doesnt make it obvious which is the most up to date.

Diesel Barge
http://android.modaco.com/content/h...gsm-hero-now-with-online-kitchen-android-2-1/

oh and anyone wanting Root access Do not flash the official 2.1 update for now as nobody knows how to root it yet, without root you can swap roms etc :)

Cheers mate, it was the one i was looking at all along, i just wasnt sure :eek:.

He's a question for someone, i got the first 3mb update the other week, i downloaded and tried to install, it reboots the phone, then pauses on the boot loader thing you use to wipe and backup the phone etc, i select reboot phone from that menu and the phone loads as normal. But 10 mins later it prompts for the install of that first update again.

I'm guessing it something todo with the boot loader/wipe tool? Doesnt matter too much as i'll just install ^^ that custom rom tonight.

James

i think thats like a pre-lim update to get it started so ive read, i only had the official rom for like the first month ive had the phone and i had it the week it came out :eek: so anything official ive not had

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Depends what network you're on, as far as I can see,
Orange - imminent
3 - end of July
Tmobile - anybodies guess.

I'm on t-mobile

I dont want to mess on with the phone that's all with the above programs.

koi

Audi S1
Well got fed up of waiting and put on Modaco 2.1, pretty impressed so far.

One minor issue, before I used to press the end call button and it would lock the screen but it doesn't do that now. Where can I find the option for this?

Anyone manage to get co-pilot working on this? I get 'code cannot be loaded by system' when I try to open it.

Oh if you're upgrading don't use Michele Valentini SMS backup, it backed up ok but can't restore the messages!! Useless!!