ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Porter Cable Polisher Importing Guide

you only need to do the above once every so often, its upto you really, once a year will do, but depends what you want really, i just top up with wax every so often

106 GTi

I wouldnt really want to touch a car with DCAP more than once a year to be honest.

I am hoping Speed Glaze or SSR 2 Will do the trick twice a year on mine.

106 GTi

Shaun does this sound like a good enough start of order?

PC Kit with SFX Pad set (on special at mo)

DAS Pad kit

Extra DAS Polish Pad x 2

Extra DAS Finish pad X1

Full set off 4 inch Spot pads plus backing plate.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 19 May 2005

DAS Pad kit

Extra DAS Polish Pad x 2

Extra DAS Finish pad X1

Sounds good to me!

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 19 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 19 May 2005

Im wanting to get the whole lot from screwfix & autopia (to get the "Dollar Discount"). I cant find speed glaze though so what i want to know is.

After washing and drying, i get my clay out and then take off contaminants, then i whip out the DCAP and the PC (What stage is this? polish?), and then i whap out the Speedglaze (will machine glaze do?) and then i put that on with the PC too (is this another polish?). Then finally i get on the NXT wax. Can this go on with the PC? if so with which pad?

Also will i need to use the buffing bonnets on both polishes + wax if ive to use the PC for that?

I was wanting to get a PC about 3 weeks ago but decided against it but now i have a new found passion for keeping my car clean and so want to buy it again.

right, after clay do this

1. meguiars #83 (only needed for medium to bad swirls) ,on orange pad

2. meguiars #80 ,on green pad

3. meguiars NXT tech wax, on blue pad

4. meguiars #16 , by hand

i remove all of the above by hand, you can also get speedglaze (#80) from alex at serious performance

i put the #16 on with a 4" pad worked a treat, just dont do what i did and do the whole car as its a pain in the arse to get off do a pannel at a time. NXT comes off fine if you do the whole car ;)

I also use #16 on a 4 inch pad though on my cordless jobbie, would never do the whole car though as a pita to remove, I find using the 4 inch pad makes a little go a long way for a really thin layer

106 GTi

Not done VM and the #16 on Black no....

Have done VM & P21s which will look alike, and VM & CMW.

Is that your next combo? Im not a big fan of #16 brought a can when everyone was on Autopia raving about it ... I know its durable but the 182 lives inside all week.

#83, #82, VM, #16. Not for me for another forum member,for FCS, I have souveran but it will probbaly wear off by the time he leaves the street lol!

106 GTi

Argh ha, LOL, maybe best off with a sealant and get them to top it the day before FCS with something?

Used #16 over Ex and that looked good.

ive got brand new unused pc with polishing pads that im lookin to sell!! anyone interested pm me!! reason for sale is im having to sell new car aswell and get old rusty banger

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by cfc1967 on 19 May 2005

ive got brand new unused pc with polishing pads that im lookin to sell!! anyone interested pm me!! reason for sale is im having to sell new car aswell and get old rusty banger
Missus is going to slaughter me if i pm u..... well ok not if i pm u but things will start from there... ill pm u, youll reply, ill um and arr.. then youll offer me a good price, then ill go ok, even though i cant afford it. Itll arrive whilst im out and when i get home the suitcases will be on the doorstep next to the parcel....

ill pm for the price though. :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 19 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 19 May 2005

DAS Pad kit

Extra DAS Polish Pad x 2

Extra DAS Finish pad X1

Sounds good to me!
sounds good to me too

106 GTi

Cheers Mate.

Mr cfc1967 you have a Pm incase the_ferret says he dont want it, as I will be ordering one from Autopia next week if he has yours anyway!

Mk1 16v

Is there any companies or people who actually use the PC and would do all this to your car for you???

cos to be honest i would never have the time to do it or patience!

dunno of any companies that use a pc, but most bodyshops use a rotary polisher and they could polish swirls out of your car, or you could get someone local to you with a pc to do it for you, where you based ?

Mk1 16v

im in south wales.

paint is looking quite bad for an 03 plate an i just want it looking great again as the car is for sale!

should i pop into a local bodyshop and ask about tidying it up?

Clio v6

Quote: Hey, reposting this guide because other one got a little clogged.

I hate to mention it, but so has this thread :)

Start a new one?

Quote: Originally posted by James on 20 May 2005

Quote: Hey, reposting this guide because other one got a little clogged.

I hate to mention it, but so has this thread :)

Start a new one?

James blue did a great guide, cant you lock it or sticky it?

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 20 May 2005
P]James blue did a great guide, cant you lock it or sticky it?

[/QUOTE]

I will pass your request on to Admin who authorise all pinnings.

106 GTi

Ordered mine this morning :)

Sonus SFX Polisher Kit
Sonus Dual-Action System
Sonus DAS Green Foam Pad x 2
Sonus DAS Blue Foam Pad x 1
Sonus SFX-1 Spot Pad
Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad
Sonus SFX-3 Spot Pad
3.5" Dual-Action Spot Pad Backing Plate
Sonus Carnauba Spritz
Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel

Have a Screwfix trade counter down the road so will grab the other bits from there as soon as the PC arrives. Just need some Speed Glaze of Alex @SP, hoping that will be enough to remove the marks.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 24 May 2005

Ordered mine this morning :)

Sonus SFX Polisher Kit
Sonus Dual-Action System
Sonus DAS Green Foam Pad x 2
Sonus DAS Blue Foam Pad x 1
Sonus SFX-1 Spot Pad
Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad
Sonus SFX-3 Spot Pad
3.5" Dual-Action Spot Pad Backing Plate
Sonus Carnauba Spritz
Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel

Have a Screwfix trade counter down the road so will grab the other bits from there as soon as the PC arrives. Just need some Speed Glaze of Alex @SP, hoping that will be enough to remove the marks.
hey, excellent, you finnaly made the plunge eh,i knew you would do it LOL, did you use the link and discount code ?

106 GTi

It had to happen! Yeah I did mate, saved a decent amount,

Subtotal 312.45
Coupon discount -46.87
Subtotal 265.58
Shipping 72.20
Tax 0.00
Total 337.78

Plus got an email of David saying he will do his best on the customs side off things.

R26

Just ordered mine :)

Sonus Dual-Action System
Foam Pads: Sonus DAS
Polisher Kit

3.5" Dual-Action Spot Pad
Backing Plate

Sonus SFX-1 Spot Pad

Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad

Sonus SFX-3 Spot Pad

Meguiars Water Magnet
Drying Towel

Meguiars Supreme Shine
Microfiber, Pkg/3

Meguiars Quik Clay
Detailing System

Many thanks to 182_Blue for taking me through everything :)

106 GTi

Wow Autopia does it gain, ready and waiting for me when I got in tonight.

Ordered Tuesday morning, arrived Friday morning.

Just need power now!

Quote: Originally posted by bill11 on 27 May 2005
Chris and others thanks

No probs. Hope you found it of some use.

I take it your going over to the US some time soon?

Im thinking of doing a bit of stocking up myself
:)

I ordered on Sunday and my sfx 6 inch pad kit and backing plate came today, got to day the pc is smoother with the 6 inch weight and 6 inch backing plate and....6 inch pad!