ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Porter Cable Polisher Importing Guide

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 27 May 2005http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=73851&ts=82323750VA is the one you want rjay

Cheers Mate, another post on the Megs UK forum recommended the other, for some reason my mate says I should go for the that one to. :confused: He did some odd equation and said that is the one?

No PC polishing this weekend anyway as my dad is going to get me one trade through his electrical business but wont be till next week now.

[Edited by r-jay on 5/27/2005 10:42:57 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 27 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 27 May 2005http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=73851&ts=82323750VA is the one you want rjay

Cheers Mate, another post on the Megs UK forum recommended the other, for some reason my mate says I should go for the that one to. :confused: He did some odd equation and said that is the one?

No PC polishing this weekend anyway as my dad is going to get me one trade through his electrical business but wont be till next week now.

[Edited by r-jay on 5/27/2005 10:42:57 PM]

well im not sure about the tech side of the two, but what i do know is the one i recomend works with the pc, and it has run mine for hours on end without stopping or getting overloaded :D

106 GTi

Looking at the pictures on that site selling them, they look very alike to the sonus ones so I would say yes.

Post onthe Autopia thread to check, Andy will know. Brazo is in.

I have both the sonus 5 and 6 inch backing plates so they will fit one!

106 GTi

I think they look just like the Sonus DAS pas so I reckon they fit the 5 inch backing plate.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 28 May 2005

I think they look just like the Sonus DAS pas so I reckon they fit the 5 inch backing plate.
yeh i thought that, there identical, which makes me believe they are exactly the same

106 GTi

I have concluded they are the same too. The exceldetail backing plates are the same as the Sonus one.

hey glad its come, for the plug just cut off the old one and on the pc the black is live, and white is neutral, these should be marked on your new yellow plug, dont ever put a uk mormal 3 pin plug on

182_blue!

Just about to order my PC with bits eventually but when I came to put in the discount code the total is $230 and it gave me $4.60 off!!

Gee thanks.

Have I got the correct code (the one you supplied a month or two ago)?

Please help!

Cheers

R26

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 31 May 2005

hey glad its come, for the plug just cut off the old one and on the pc the black is live, and white is neutral, these should be marked on your new yellow plug, dont ever put a uk mormal 3 pin plug on
Got it sorted my mate done it last night. Thanks

Panic over as jamiec came to the rescue. Got $36 off the order - total cost of $273 for the PC and pads - got some more clay and Microfibre cleaner (thought Id give it a go)

Cheers 182_blue :D

sorry cheechy,been at work, i did say in the guide to PM for code.

if anybody pms me i will give you the latest discount code :D

Quote: Originally posted by bill11 on 04 June 2005
<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>Thanks all got mine in LA this week at Lowes ( like B&Q)Now just need some more pads etc

Glad you got sorted, the Lowes link worked then
:)

Another couple of months before we go yet.

BTW, how much?

Quote: Originally posted by bill11 on 04 June 2005
<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>Chris 108 $ total with a pad and sander pad Model number 7336

Did you happen to price up the 7424, or do they not do them?

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 04 June 2005
there the same except for bigger counter weight

Rightio, but do Lowes do the 7424?

<SCRIPT language=javascript> Seem the only differance is the 7424 is just the Sander wirh no pad etc

7336 would seem to be a 7424 with pad and one sanding sheet ?:confused:

My counter weight is for 6 inch

They do do a 7 inch one

[Edited by bill11 on 05 June 2005 at 7:52pm] <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by bill11 on 05 June 2005 at 7:53pm]

106 GTi

For those of you that dont like Autoglym Super Resin, and one reason being it dusts, go and give it a try on your PC! Ultra thin and no dust, infact theres not alot to remove even.

Got my stuff on Monday......

....unfortunately I found out that I had ordered the wrong SFX pads and need to get hold of the spot pads rather than the 6" (?) pads.

Doh!

Dont suppose another group buy is coming soon or can you get these in the UK?

I dont need anything else at the moment so dont want to get 3 spot pads from autopia and pay $$$ for postage :(

hey cheechy. did you get the 3.5 backing plate ??, as you need this for the 4" pads ?, i may be ordering some stuff soon perhaps i could get you some bits

Hi Blue - yes I ordered the 3.5" backing plate but just ordered the wrong damn pads. They wont go to waste though.

Yes please give me a shout when you are ordering as I may order a couple of each of the 4" pads.

No more orders from Pakshak on the horizon anyone? - now that Ive got a PC I quite fancy those MF bonnet thingies :D

[Edited by cheechy on 6/8/2005 10:00:36 AM]

cheechy, i will let you know when im ordering (next few days), do you want 2 sets of the 4" pads (i.e 6 in total) , also i may have some new pakshak mf bonnets spare if you want to buy it from me, save you shipping etc