ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Master Thief FTW. Sh*t loads of Gold, the best looking armour in the game and 30x damage if you sneak attack. You can one-shot a Troll.

None of this heavy armour that makes you look like the Tin Man.

Thieves' Guild Armour (Guild Master)

d1b18184.jpg

Nightingales Thief Armour

2abf0a7b.jpg

My place in Solitude. Bought with Gold stolen from the locals. :eek:

36k Gold. Baller spec.

8b7c3c8a.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hmm, I think I've taken the wrong path.

LOL. But the good thing is, there's plenty of time to change... :cool:

Nothing at the mo :(
So how do you go about thiefing other poeples things? And also doing sneek attack and owning them?

Ive tried to sneek around with my bow but they always see me, and ive never tried pick pocketing yet

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just crouch and stay hidden (use the detection meter in the centre of the screen)

Same principle for pickpocket, sneak and stealth combat.

The only drawback is my weakness in one-on-one combat. I'm trying to address that with destruction magic though.

It's so fun to play as a thief though. Also, I'm not an evil character; I just steal and kill bad guys. The Thieves' Guild don't do assassination at all.

The Dark Brotherhood are the assassins of the game.

I'm currently 86 Sneak, 80 Archery, 60 Alchemy, 70 Lockpick, 70 Light Armour and 55 Destruction Magic.

So basically, I'm awesome as long as I stay in the shadows.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Dark Brotherhood ftw

Getting 500 gold to kill people is awesome.

I like to murder people in broad daylight, then run away from the guards

Nissan 350z
I seem to remember the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion used to open up the possibility to made a Vampire. Does that still happen with Skyrim?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup. They're two different factions now though, unlike in Oblivion.

Being a full-blown Vampire really limits your experience in Skyrim though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
There's four stages to Vampirism. By the time you're at the final stage, everyone attacks you on sight and you can only leave cover at night.

You do get +20 Sneak and the advantage of never catching a disease or getting poisoned though.

Nissan 350z
There's four stages to Vampirism. By the time you're at the final stage, everyone attacks you on sight and you can only leave cover at night.

You do get +20 Sneak and the advantage of never catching a disease or getting poisoned though.

How do you get new missions and sell stuff if everyone attacks you on sight?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Don't be tempted to use any of the leveling up glitches, either.

For example, it's possible to up your Smithing level very quickly using an exploit, as it is with Sneak. What this will do is not only raise that skill level, it will also raise your current level. This means the world around you will also increase to keep on top of you, rather than making things too easy. Although some dungeons and areas have a limit so they'll always stay at a certain level, the main quest will try to be on a par with your current level. Therefore having 100 smithing or 100 sneak isn't really going to help too much if you don't have other skills in areas you need - Magic and combat, two examples.

So basically you're making the game harder for yourself by using exploits.

Don't be tempted to use any of the leveling up glitches, either.

For example, it's possible to up your Smithing level very quickly using an exploit, as it is with Sneak. What this will do is not only raise that skill level, it will also raise your current level. This means the world around you will also increase to keep on top of you, rather than making things too easy. Although some dungeons and areas have a limit so they'll always stay at a certain level, the main quest will try to be on a par with your current level. Therefore having 100 smithing or 100 sneak isn't really going to help too much if you don't have other skills in areas you need - Magic and combat, two examples.

So basically you're making the game harder for yourself by using exploits.

I like it hard, lol, Smithing 100, Level 31, doing ok, not even been to the Beardies yet, great game.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I've finally managed to get 5000 gold for a house in Whiterun however I must of proceeded too far with a quest 'cause all of the Stormcloaks are bombing the s**t out of it. When I go there all the Whiterun guards are against me, even though i'm Thane of the damn place. LOL @ Lydia though, she still fights for me against her own people. Bloody loyal b**ch.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Dark Brotherhood is f**king awesome... you get a sweet set of armor (light armor) and the quests are amazing, really really good.

Get signed up. You have to meet some guy at windhelm first, ask in taverns and they'll tell you about him its some kid who is summoning you.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Dark Brotherhood is f**king awesome... you get a sweet set of armor (light armor) and the quests are amazing, really really good.

Get signed up. You have to meet some guy at windhelm first, ask in taverns and they'll tell you about him its some kid who is summoning you.

I've just killed an assassin who was sent by the dark brotherhood to kill me. Not impressed lol.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Those trolls are bloody solid!

Fire blast/slash, SPRINT, turn, fire blast/slash, SPRINT, turn rinse and repeat.

Ruddy hell! Takes ages.

I chose nord so concentrating on being a hard c**t with one handed and heavy armour but also investing in destructive power so I can blast whatever it is first.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So how do you go about thiefing other poeples things? And also doing sneek attack and owning them?

Ive tried to sneek around with my bow but they always see me, and ive never tried pick pocketing yet

If you've got the cash, there's one of those cat-like people willing to train sneak outside the main gates at Dragonsreach. The actual sneak ability can be upgraded to make you travel quieter as well.

Just crouch and stay hidden (use the detection meter in the centre of the screen)

Same principle for pickpocket, sneak and stealth combat.

The only drawback is my weakness in one-on-one combat. I'm trying to address that with destruction magic though.

It's so fun to play as a thief though. Also, I'm not an evil character; I just steal and kill bad guys. The Thieves' Guild don't do assassination at all.

The Dark Brotherhood are the assassins of the game.

I'm currently 86 Sneak, 80 Archery, 60 Alchemy, 70 Lockpick, 70 Light Armour and 55 Destruction Magic.

So basically, I'm awesome as long as I stay in the shadows.

Same here. I picked wood elf and have mainly used bow weapons exclusively - switching to destruction magic as and when required.

Grrr. It sounds really good!

^^^ - I think the fact that Chris openly said he's not into the 'wizards and sh1t' - yet clearly likes Skyrim - gives you some indication of how good a game it is. For the first time in a Bethesda game - I am genuinely looking forward to the DLCs for this.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL. Gotta love SLi. :cool:

Just noticed that a few settings were set to 'High' rather than 'Ultra'. Changed those now and Skyrim still flat-lines at 60fps. Awesome+beans....

D.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Darren, if you look at those config tweaks I posted earlier you can actually put the settings above Ultra ;)

It's for the boys with uber PC's. (Not me :()

When I get my 6950 2gb I should be able to max this game. Hopefully anyway! If not the 2nd one ill be ordering after Xmas should do the trick

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Few questions.

1. In the graphics settings, Should FXAA be ticked or not?

2. Does there come a point where Lydia can't die? Because a few times she's been knocked down but its like she can't die and all her agro goes. Then she just gets back up.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
never played a game like this before but read a review and it sounds interesting.

Is it the kind of game I can pick up and play every few days for say half an hour or do i really have to play it day in day out for hours? Basically, can a casual gamer get into it?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Yeah I had heard it is an amazing game! Might ask the Mrs to buy it for xmas for me.

see i played fallout 3 and got into that but literally never got the time to play it really... and the moment is kind of gone now LOL Plus I don't really like mega ''scary'' games. I would never play FEAR or resident evil type games... Just never been a fan of horror type stuff... Soooo will I get scared with goblins and stuff? LOL