ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Disappointed TBH. I always thought you were double hard :(

You can play Skyrim for 30 minute intervals. It has a quick save rather than checkpoint based saving, so you're never committed to completing anything. The only problem is that it's so good, you won't want to turn it off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I thought Deus Ex was my game of the year.

It turns out that the game with 'weird elves and sh*t' might be the greatest game I've ever played. :eek:

I'm 58 hours in already. LOL. Not even started the first main quest!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren, if you look at those config tweaks I posted earlier you can actually put the settings above Ultra ;)

It's for the boys with uber PC's. (Not me :()

Ah - I should get onto that! ;)

Few questions.

1. In the graphics settings, Should FXAA be ticked or not?

2. Does there come a point where Lydia can't die? Because a few times she's been knocked down but its like she can't die and all her agro goes. Then she just gets back up.

That was one option that previously wasn't ticked on mine and I've enabled it. According to nVidia's tech press, it's a variation of the traditional anti-aliasing effects. There are 5 presets - ranging from 0 which has the fastest performance, but with little graphical benefit, to preset 4 which is the most demanding of the 5 presets. If set to the middle preset (No.2) - it apparently only has the performance hit of 1fps on a GTX480 running at 1920x1200. I'd say go for it. :)

D.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Where are the different presets? I've only got one tick box?

I've got two GTX 470's in SLi.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Where are the different presets? I've only got one tick box?

I've got two GTX 470's in SLi.

The only FXAA option supported by this game is to implement it or not. The actual presets I believe, are set within the .ini files of the nVidia Settings app - but don't hold me to that! I run Skyrim with two GTX460s in SLi, so your 470's won't have an issue.

D.

I thought Deus Ex was my game of the year.

It turns out that the game with 'weird elves and sh*t' might be the greatest game I've ever played. :eek:

I'm 58 hours in already. LOL. Not even started the first main quest!

lol what have you been doing instead!? Only just started this game and just completed the first part of the main quest, to find some claw thing.
I'm sticking with the main quest atm haven't really explored anything else!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm Thane of three cities, head of the Thieves' Guild, own four houses and have some pretty high level items now.

The main quest can wait, I'm still only Lv33.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL! Nice.

Have you used the guide much?

No.*

*Yes.

It's essential for sniffing out all the high-level weapons. They're really important when you're a thief, since you're not really a big-hitter in combat. You need all the single-handed help you can get.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I haven't even been to Dawnstar, Winterhold, Marketh or Flakreath yet, still got those to explore. It is so massive.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I like breaking into people's houses, stealing all of their valuables, and then running into them.. they never try to kill me, just tell me to get out

How come I'm the only one who managed to get Lydia killed? Well I think she's dead. I last saw her battling three big blokes as I ran away. Never saw her after that :(

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
How come I'm the only one who managed to get Lydia killed? Well I think she's dead. I last saw her battling three big blokes as I ran away. Never saw her after that :(

Lydia just sits in my bedroom eating cheese.

She gets in my way when she is following me.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

On my first save she died almost instantly. But now she seems to not be able to die. She just keeps getting back up!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Reloaded an old save so back down to level 25 again now. Just cleared out Lost Knife Hideaway with Lydia. One of the bandits in there had the Amulet of Mara on her person.

Marrying ahoy! :cool:

Also found a Dwarven Bow and loads of other goodies. Lost 4 lockpicks to a Master chest, so just got Lydia to open it for me. Didn't get the lockpick skill reward, but still got all the items. Lydia is pretty impressive on mine. Decent with a bow and arrow, too.

I've now killed my first couple of giants too. They have pretty decent items on them.

AK

M240i
^^^ - I think the fact that Chris openly said he's not into the 'wizards and sh1t' - yet clearly likes Skyrim - gives you some indication of how good a game it is. For the first time in a Bethesda game - I am genuinely looking forward to the DLCs for this.

D.

Aye mate, speaking to him before he was right against it, now he's well into it, lol!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm level 11 now but seem to get severely butt fucked by big beasties, bosses and dragons.

Do other guys go through a shed load of potions when fighting them? Around the same level?

Also I want more goooold!!?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
So, Faendal said something horrible to me when I first got to Riverwood, which meant I instantly disliked him. Ever since, whenever I pass through I try to make his life a little bit worse.

He comes to you asking for help to win the heart of the woman he loves. You can then betray his trust and instead ruin his love life. Then you can rob his house of everything he owns. After this he will use his last hard earned coin to hire mercenaries - so atleast he has his revenge right? Wrong... you kill them - even depriving him of this last justice.

I then have married the woman he loves, and we have moved to a house in Whiterun, where he will never see her again.

If I were a better thief, I could steal his key so he couldn't even get into his empty house, and take away his woodcutting axe so he couldn't do his job, and even steal his clothes so he has to parade around Riverwood in the nude.

Any more ways to ruin this poor wood elfs life or did i pretty much cover it all?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So, Faendal said something horrible to me when I first got to Riverwood, which meant I instantly disliked him. Ever since, whenever I pass through I try to make his life a little bit worse.

He comes to you asking for help to win the heart of the woman he loves. You can then betray his trust and instead ruin his love life. Then you can rob his house of everything he owns. After this he will use his last hard earned coin to hire mercenaries - so atleast he has his revenge right? Wrong... you kill them - even depriving him of this last justice.

I then have married the woman he loves, and we have moved to a house in Whiterun, where he will never see her again.

If I were a better thief, I could steal his key so he couldn't even get into his empty house, and take away his woodcutting axe so he couldn't do his job, and even steal his clothes so he has to parade around Riverwood in the nude.

Any more ways to ruin this poor wood elfs life or did i pretty much cover it all?

LOL!

DCi
taken from another forum for if you think lydia etc is still alive but you dont know where:

Can't find your follower? either check the wiki for their ID or open up a save where you see them and hit ~ click on them with the console open and get their ID, then type player.moveto <ID> and find out what happened to your buddy while you weren't looking.