ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

I'm getting into this now, only put in a few hours though so not got half as far as you lot I don't think, I never normally play these sorts of games but I love it!

Same as me. I'm not too far into it either. Level 7 I think. I'd Never played a game like this before in my life,
But I'm loving it too! Lacks the repetitiveness of something like COD, which I think is quite refreshing

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The one thing - well, another thing - I haven't really touched is Alchemy.

Finished the first The Circle quest last night and then wandered around for a while before setting off to the College of Winterhold. Did the first quest where you find the blue orb at the end. Jesus, it took over 2 hours to complete that. I can imagine the quests that follow will get even longer.

Got some great Staff's though. One that summons a Dwemer for 60 seconds to fight for you is very handy. Takes the focus away from you so you can get some hits in. One of the skeleton guys in the dungeon had the Unrelenting Voice shout and if you get caught in it's radius it knocks the weapon you are using out of your hand. Took ages finding my bow again!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Might be another noob queston, but how do you improve your sneak level.
Is sneaking when you crouch down and it comes up "sneaking" or whatever?

It's when there's an enemy or NPC in the area, you crouch/sneak until the eye symbol becomes closed and you become "Hidden". Once in this state, move around slowly without being seen and it will increase your sneak level.

The best place to do this while in the game is White River Watch. There's a cave with a blind guy sitting at a table as soon as you go in. You can then go into Sneak mode and simply walk into the wall shadows continuously for hours. Your sneak level will increase a lot. It's an exploit, of course, and remember it will also increase your overall rank so best used sparingly, if at all.

Also does lydia have a carryin limit. I keep trying to give her stuff coz I go over mine, but it just keeps saying item to heavy to carry when i press x

She does have a limit. However, there is a way around it. Simply pick up the items yourself, then go into your inventory and drop them on the ground.

Speak to Lydia (or whichever follower you have) and ask them to do something for you. Then simply tell them to pick the items up. The weight of the items is discarded when you do it this way, so they could carry as much as you like. Lydia was carting round 18 Dragon bones for me at one point! LOL. Got them all stored in my house now.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just walked into some mine and found some seriously tough drauger boss at the end, cannot kill the b*****d.

He has some weird statues that fire spells at me whilst he attacks me and heals himself. f**k.

They are Atronach's. They can be a right f*cker to deal with. The tip is to always concentrate on the spell binder - meaning the guy who is casting the spell to raise the Atronach's. As soon as he is dead, the spell dies too. Easier said than done when you're faced with them though.

Use shock/sparks destruction spell on him, as it will reduce his magicka powers. Heal as the other hand spell works well, too. They do take a while to kill. Shout commands also work well. Unrelenting Voice will knock him off guard and stop him from casting spells, so use that then go in with sparks or a combat weapon to take down his energy. Retreat and hide. He'll only try to heal himself when he's low on health. At this point sparks should be used again to stop him from doing it.

The skeletons and draugrs can be taken down easily with bow and arrow in sneak mode too. You get better damage rewards in sneak mode even if you're visible to the enemy. It does help if you have the perks that go with it though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Unforunately Schutchio, these are not Atronach's, if only.

They were actual Statues, big conconrete things, looked like bird heads.

I have my own flame Atronach, she's tough as hell.

I beat the b*****d in the end, but he was properly tough. He was like nothing I've even fought though, he didn't heal himself when low, just did it whenever I wasn't attacking. He only ventured into the main "hall" when I did and retreated to the corridor opposite when I retreated into mine to heal. It was a good battle though. I got awarded 750 gold for clearing the mine of draugers.

Then had a horrendously long fight with some hardcore mage bird from the Foresworn at a random camp I decimated. I've now gone back to mage's college to toughen myself up.

Nissan 350z
Nah Rob, just pull him out of the room so the statues loose line of sight. The corridor you enter in, i fought him in that. Bow to the face and move back does the job nicely. He will still be able to heal mind you, as that doesnt appear to have line of sight but the fireball one will be made useless at least.

Either that or pop werewolf and go to town on him like i did, once you get in close hes pretty much your average undead that heals alittle more than usual.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The one thing - well, another thing - I haven't really touched is Alchemy.

Finished the first The Circle quest last night and then wandered around for a while before setting off to the College of Winterhold. Did the first quest where you find the blue orb at the end. Jesus, it took over 2 hours to complete that. I can imagine the quests that follow will get even longer.

Got some great Staff's though. One that summons a Dwemer for 60 seconds to fight for you is very handy. Takes the focus away from you so you can get some hits in. One of the skeleton guys in the dungeon had the Unrelenting Voice shout and if you get caught in it's radius it knocks the weapon you are using out of your hand. Took ages finding my bow again!

I'm not a huge fan of staff's, should I be?

As for your issue with having the weapon knocked from your hand, get yourself some conjuration and get a bound weapon, if it gets knocked out, simply re-counjure. There's also a perk so that bound weapons do more damage too.

Nissan 350z
I think the weapon your using depends if your affected as well. I never seem to get my dagger knocked out of my hands but my last 2handed character ALWAYS dropped his sword. Not sure if this is relevant or if i have just been lucky?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nah Rob, just pull him out of the room so the statues loose line of sight. The corridor you enter in, i fought him in that. Bow to the face and move back does the job nicely. He will still be able to heal mind you, as that doesnt appear to have line of sight but the fireball one will be made useless at least.

Either that or pop werewolf and go to town on him like i did, once you get in close hes pretty much your average undead that heals alittle more than usual.

How exactly would you "pull him out of the room"?? He was quite set upon staying in there, fortunately being dark elf, I'm pretty resistant against fire.

Unforunately I R not werewolf yet. May go vampire though, unsure?

Nissan 350z

I found a quest chain in Makrath that allows me to eat people without being a Vampire, at least i dont think im a vampire i just wear a +50 Stamina ring and now have the ability to eat people instead of just searching their corpse. Best of both worlds without everyone hating you if you go Vampire?

Roy, do you understand the story behind everything? It helped me stay into it.

Kind of. This one time, there were some dragons, but then, like, everyone thought they were extinct. Then there was a civil war. Then the dragons came back and everyone was all like "FFS". Then I arrived and I have some special dragon pwnting powers.

That's pretty much it so far for me :eek:

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Lol. I was bored at work the other day, so spent some time reading the forums and the wiki page about the history. There are some proper geeky people who are properly into the whole "lore" thing about the elder scrolls, and there is a massive back story to everything that is happening. It was kind of interesting and made sense of a lot of things in game for me, but I also felt very nerdy reading it, so I stopped. Lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How exactly would you "pull him out of the room"?? He was quite set upon staying in there, fortunately being dark elf, I'm pretty resistant against fire.

Becoming a werewolf is pretty easy as far as quests go. Simply join the Companions and complete a few of their missions. Then speak to Skjor or whatever he's called. I have the Lycanthropy power now.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
But don't you have to be one or the other? I'm not sure whether to go wolf of vamp, I think wolf may be an easier choice as it has no real negative except for not being able to pick up things whilst in wolf form etc....

I'm really enjoying this, feeling I'll be playing it for a long time. Love the random encounters. I must have had about 10 different things involved in a brawl last night; Dragon, Two trolls, two mamoths, three wolves, an ice bear and a sabre tooth cat.

Was seriously epic.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm not tempted at all by the Vampire curse/affliction. I think it has more negatives than positives.

Regarding Alechemy, I had loads of ingredients, and as someone suggested on here if you eat them you find out what they do.
On the right underneath their name, before you eat one for the first time it has four "UNKOWN" written. When you eat one and find out what it does, one of the Unkown's gets replace with what it does like "REGENERATE" or something like that.

Then if you eat something else similar, another word'll come up. If you follow me. I think once you have all four "unkown" replaced with attributes, maybe that's something to do with alchemy and making something once you know the similarities?

Same here, but I recently started dual casting flames and sparks. Does a lot more damage. Completed some previously hard quests with relative ease since.

Makes skeletons esplode!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Has anyone come up against a Dragon Priest yet? They seem a bit... how to put this? F*cking hard to kill.

Nissan 350z
Do you have to do the main story to encounter them because i havent yet and that seems like the only part im missing...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How do you cast flames lol?
Guessing you have to collect something?

Buy a spell book and then read it in your inventory to learn the spell. Then go to Magic and Destruction and select it as your right or left hand. You can buy the Flames spell book at Riverwood general traders.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My GF is coming over tonight, like all night, ffs, I was getting into this last night!

I'll have to treat her to some shitty magazine so she'll read that for a few hours.

Octy VRS
My GF is coming over tonight, like all night, ffs, I was getting into this last night!

I'll have to treat her to some s**tty magazine so she'll read that for a few hours.
Lol.

I'm loving it, done about 5 hours and it feels very familiar which is nice. I love seeing the giants etc wandering about. Just got dual casting but no proper decent weapons yet. Seem to prefer the mace and warhammers at the moment. It's good to have all the similarities of other Bethesda games like lockpicking etc.

Fiesta ST-3
Bought this yesterday and punted a good few hours at it. Level 12 so far, really didn't want to have to work today :(

It really is EPIC.

Bus Winker
My Lydia seems to have gone missing too. I'm sure she didn't die but she isn't in my house or in the castle.
Seem to be struggling abit without her...

Also, anyone else done this quest for dark brotherhood yet? Not impressed at having to wear a chefs hat lol.

6401080771_01991eab1f_b.png