ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

350z GT
Still at that slightly annoying stage where im growing in my abilities, but still struggle if im not really careful with how i fight....

anyone met a whiss lady or something?? She sends little flying blue orbs at you :S

b*tch is tough lol

I think I'm done with this now. It's been an eye opening experience into the RPG world, and I've really enjoyed it, but I don't think I have the skills nor inclination to progress much further.

I still think it's probably the best game ever made. Maybe.

I reckon Chris is trolling at 90+ hours. I have no life, no friends, live with my mum, and I am only 26 hours in.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL!

Imporant and V SRS question.

I use bound weapons, now, does this count in me levelling up "one handed weapons do x more damage" or do I only need to level up "bound weapons do more damage"

i.e does it count as 1 handed as well as bound? Don't want to waste the skill points!!!

Nissan 350z
Its both. You gain conjuration? when you summon the sword, then its one handed skill when you beat stuff with it.

I think I'm done with this now. It's been an eye opening experience into the RPG world, and I've really enjoyed it, but I don't think I have the skills nor inclination to progress much further.

I still think it's probably the best game ever made. Maybe.

I reckon Chris is trolling at 90+ hours. I have no life, no friends, live with my mum, and I am only 26 hours in.

Slightly worried I'm going to get to this stage, at some point in the future, what with me being an RPG noob too.
I'm loving it atm, enjoying playing it,
but really haven't got much of a clue how to do the vast majority of stuff, or how everything works, or whats going on half the time.
Other than pick up stuff/sell it, and smyth weapons to improve them. Which I just use sword and shield and armour, and just keep slashing as many times as I can lol

My biggest problem is my SSD. It's too fast. The loading hint screens disappear before I have a chance to read them. I never get to read the secrets & tips that are displayed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is there anywhere or anyhow to heal NPCs without the Heal Other spell? I've got one idiot towing along with Lydia and I who insists in charging into combat armed with only a dagger. The stupid t**t gets killed nearly all the time.

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Know what you mean about needing your AK back.

I keep getting real urges to play BF and when I do it just feels nice! My brain doesn't have to work so hard, no pausing, switching magic, applying potions etc etc.

I have however just made my dragon plate armour. 135 body, 56 boots, 56 gauntlets, 65 helmet. WINNING! My mace is only 25 though so I need a better weapon.

Gonna borrow MW3? Off a mate for the single player to interplay with this when I just need to release some anger.

Just hit 24 hours game time.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its both. You gain conjuration? when you summon the sword, then its one handed skill when you beat stuff with it.

That's what I thought, just wasn't sure I'd make it double as strong levelling up 1 handed and bound weapon abilities.

However, now I'm really fucked. All of whiterun/dragonsreach absoloutely hate me and I have NO idea why????

Is there anywhere or anyhow to heal NPCs without the Heal Other spell? I've got one idiot towing along with Lydia and I who insists in charging into combat armed with only a dagger. The stupid tw*t gets killed nearly all the time.

D.

If you give him a better weapon he'll use that and won't die so much maybe.

Evo 8 MR
I'm 65 hours in, level 39, main quest done, big faction quests done, main skills 95+, 500+ armour rating, currently tying up the miscellaneous quests and some others then I'm gonna hunt down the dragon mages.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Having completed the first quest for the College of Winterhold I decided to ease up a bit on the magicka theme and headed off to Riften to attempt the Thieves Guild, after hearing great things about it. Met a caravan trader just outside of Riften who had a few items that boosted bow damage; a set of gauntlets increasing damage by 30% and gloves boosting damage by 15%. As the damage multiplier stacks and I could disenchant the items, I bought both (costing me nearly 4k gold). Sold a lot of needless tat back to him to get some cash back though.

Anyway, I completed the first quest for the Thieves Guild and was then shown around the place. You can loot every chest in there without being frowned upon and in the main chamber hall there are several prize chests of varying lockpick difficulty (novice, apprentice, adept, expert and master). I lost a good few lockpicks on the tougher ones as it bombs you out if one snaps, meaning the position changes for next time, so it's basically trial and error. Glad I stuck it out anyway, as in the expert chest was an Ebony Bow, 54 damage, 12 weight and worth 2k gold! Jackpot, especially as I'm focusing on archery and my current Dwarven bow had a damage rating of 34.

Going to crack on with the Thieves Guild today.

Nissan 350z
It doesn't seem to work on him though. Him just mutters something about "Get on with it" or "Stop wasting my time".

f**k him. He's dead now anyway. :)

D.

Yeah there is, its called Healing Hands or something along those lines and you can buy it from the mage guy in Whiterun by the Jaarl. It reads something like "heal the target for X". So if you stand next to the NPC and aim at them while casting it, it will heal them.

If guards hate you, put your weapons away and they wont beat on you they will just give you the whole "you've been naughty, you must pay or go to jail" dialogue.

Scutch,
I think the loot in chests is either random or scales with your level because i certainly havent gotten any peices of Ebony gear yet and ive done that bit you just mentioned. :S

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How could anyone get bored? Always something to do...

Skyrim-Cabbages.jpg

Bus Winker
Does anyone know why I can't stack some items such as soul gems and these gems? They are not stolen either because I know that would make a separate stack.

6407472123_d97fcdc560_b.png

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
93 hours now. I love RPG's.

Completed the main quest now along with the civil war quests. I sided with the Stormcloaks.

Just the Companions and Dark Brotherhood left to do now.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
im 42 hours in, lvl 24.. hardly touched main quest, done all the companions and dark brotherhood quests.

Not sure if to go stormcloak or solitude but think i'll just get killed in Solitude after the dark brotherhood quests...

I won't post a spoiler but you NEED the dark brotherhood in your life.. unless you are sided with the imperials then i'm not sure how it may affect your relations..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah there is, its called Healing Hands or something along those lines and you can buy it from the mage guy in Whiterun by the Jaarl. It reads something like "heal the target for X". So if you stand next to the NPC and aim at them while casting it, it will heal them.

If guards hate you, put your weapons away and they wont beat on you they will just give you the whole "you've been naughty, you must pay or go to jail" dialogue.

Scutch,
I think the loot in chests is either random or scales with your level because i certainly havent gotten any peices of Ebony gear yet and ive done that bit you just mentioned. :S

Cheers m8 - I'll bob back to Whiterun and get that sorted. :)

Just love walking around in this game (I don't even bother with a horse - lol) and seeing "what's over there?" Some epic effects in it too - I saw my first Northern Lights the other night and that was a 'whoa' moment after walking out from a cave. Getting the knack of taking on the dragon's too - even though I'm only Lvl17 with Lydia in tow - we can normally take them on without dying. I take it that there's different ranks/hardness of dragons? The last one I encountered was a blood dragon out to the extreme east of the map.

Dear Santa. Please make this multiplayer. I've said it before - but imagine this with three other mates at the same time? There would be huge technical aspects to consider like overall game difficulty - 4x Christophers in-game would literally fart at a dragon and it would die. The other would be story and quest management? How would the quartet keep track of who has done what and when? I suspect the easiest way to address that would be to have a game-leader - where the 'saved game' of that designated person was the effective saved game for all four players. Tricky to implement, but holy-sheeeit - it would be awesome. :cool:

Failing that - how's about just having a co-op option where a m8 could take control of Lydia, etc?

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I agree it would be epic... teaming up and annihilating the entire population of a city. :D

We will see it one day no doubt.. but not for many years I suspect.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just reached Lv40 last night.

Currently doing the Companions quests then I have the Dark Brotherhood to start. Then it's done. Roll on DLC.

I'm also now 100 Sneak, 100 Archery, 100 One-Handed and 100 Lockpick. Uberninja.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just reached Lv40 last night.

Currently doing the Companions quests then I have the Dark Brotherhood to start. Then it's done. Roll on DLC.

I'm also now 100 Sneak, 100 Archery, 100 One-Handed and 100 Lockpick. Uberninja.

I bet your missus loves you.