ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

We're moving house on Thursday and we'll have no Internet for nine days. So expect that figure to go mental. :eek: (I've had neither of our cars to mess around with for three weeks and we're trying to save lol)

She doesn't care too much since she works late. I just get the odd comment when she comes home and makes me a cuppa.

Last night's was 'that elephant looks sh*t'

Hairy elephants.

Evo 5 RS
rofl^

You'd be better off starting a new character instead of trying to do everything tbh. I managed to clock a couple hours last night. Went into some sunken castle - few hardcore mages down there...some trinkets to sell etc

Whole games like one big acid trip. It's so good though, stacking up my gold at the moment - 18k woot.

Last edited:
Got this yesterday, played 9 hours already :eek:.

It's the first game like this I've played and I'm proper hooked, think I'm level 8/9 so far and have just been pottering about doing random quests in caves and stuff haha. Bought myself a house yesterday as well so I can store my stuff in something other than a barrel!

Can't wait to get home and play some more!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah, I can see it wearing thin pretty soon to be honest. Whoever in Bethesda said there will be 300+ hours of gameplay is obviously a bit daft. I will probably max this out and get bored at 120 hours.

How does everybody get so much gold? Was a real struggle to muster up 5000 to buy a house with, but then again, I have only visited 2 towns. I may have just answered my own question!

Evo 5 RS
^ LOL. Pretty much

Once you start doing a lot of the side missions, or just thieving tbh you'll start to find expensive trinkets to flog etc. Just takes awhile to get started.

Good to see other folks hammering this too. I was getting concerned with my 40+ hours so far. I feel better now.

Just bought a new gaff in Solitude. I had my little house in Whiterun sorted with all sorts of s**t on the walls, chests full of cool looking gear, huge amounts of alchemy and enchanting stuff etc etc. I then saw the house prices in Solitude!! f**k me that house is dear - 25k! I had to flog everything I owned to buy it... Which turned out to be a tactical error - I now have 2 bare, empty houses and no cash to put anything in them. Which is kind of pointless. I had fun trying to make the money though. Took the cash of pretty much every shop owner and fence in Skyrim to do it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just got a full set of Daedric armour even though I don't use it. It looks cool in my place.

Currently using 2x Legendary Daedric daggers, Daedric bow and Daedric arrows. I can pretty much one-shot anything in the game now, if I stay hidden. Even in head-to-head fights I'm pretty brutal.

Gold's too easy to come across IMO, it'd be more rewarding if you had to grind at it a bit more. I think I've still got 60k Gold after buying pretty much everything in the game, houses/armour etc.

Lv47 now with just the Dark Brotherhood left to do. I think I've got the right tools for the job now. :eek:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just got a full set of Daedric armour even though I don't use it. It looks cool in my place.

Currently using 2x Legendary Daedric daggers, Daedric bow and Daedric arrows. I can pretty much one-shot anything in the game now, if I stay hidden. Even in head-to-head fights I'm pretty brutal.

Lv47 now with just the Dark Brotherhood left to do. I think I've got the right tools for the job now. :eek:

Have you crafted the Daedric stuff or worked your way to finding/unlocking them?

Got my Nightingale armour now which is pretty neat.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How many levels are there?

51 I believe but there's a soft cap of 71 and then there's the DLC and add-on's coming out.

I've got SO much to do in this, I'm nowhere near where Chris is. It's genuinely addictive as hell though. It sucks you right in.

My horse cracks me up. Someone attacked me the other day after I dismounted, and my trusty steed ran over and started kicking the s**t out of him. Lol!

It also looks really PMSL when walking down steep inclines. Lol best horse ever.

My horse cracks me up. Someone attacked me the other day after I dismounted, and my trusty steed ran over and started kicking the s**t out of him. Lol!

It also looks really PMSL when walking down steep inclines. Lol best horse ever.

Haha, I stole a horse that did that, I accidentaly hit it in crossfire as well, the f**k started attacking me and then ran away!

I've developed quite an affection for mine. I dropped him off a cliff and killed him last night. F9'd that c**t right there, I'm not having my horse die on me.

I did lose him and spend ages looking for him a couple of times until I learned that if you just quick travel he reappears.

My horse can also teleport.

Also, how funny is it killing your horse by driving it off the edge of a cliff? Lol might start playing this game again just for the horse comedy.

It wasn't on purpose. We were just out doing a bit of rock climbing together, as friends do. It's an occupational hazard when you're extreme free-climbers like what me an my horse are. There isn't a rockface in Skyrim we can't scale... apart from that one last night.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It wasn't on purpose. We were just out doing a bit of rock climbing together, as friends do. It's an occupational hazard when you're extreme free-climbers like what me an my horse are. There isn't a rockface in Skyrim we can't scale... apart from that one last night.

LOL :cool:

Nissan 350z
Dremora Lords - awesome :

Haha nice one, where do you get that from? I could get rid of Lydia and never have to worry about her blowing my cover while im sneaking if i had that! :)

Finished the thieves guild quests last night and got the Guild Master armor. Also finished all the Imperal quests and took over Windhelm, all of pro-Stormcloak Jarls being held captive in Windhelms throne room are proper butthurt, how the mighty have fallen :rasp:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ Well, here's another video of the Dremora Lord in action.

The guy basically goes through 3 scenarios. Summoning a single Atronach each time, seeing how far it progresses, then reloads. The Dremora Lord rips the place to pieces.

As for where you get them from - you need your conjuration skill up to above 75 and then the spell to summon them, which I believe is from the conjuration master in Winterhold.

Saying that, if you've done the Night to Remember quest, you get the Sanguine's Rose staff, which also summons Dremora's. Fantastic weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nissan 350z
Sold that ages ago, rolling with 72k now so kinda wish i didnt but that was before i realised how easy money is to come by in this game :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I never sell any of my staffs. Infact, you shouldn't sell any weapon with a magical attribute. It's best to use the Enchantment table and disenchant the magicka from it.

Sanguine's Rose is awesome.

Think I've got around 15k gold at the moment.

Anyone had much of a play with the Jabberwock staff or whatever it's called? I had a quick mess with it against the Whiterun guards. I killed them all in the end but the randomness of it's effects is quite good fun - One time it would instantly butcher them, another turn them into a crab, another summon some giant looking badass in Daedric armour (one of the Dremora Lords mentioned above perhaps?) to fight for you, another time it just healed them back to 100%.

The Skyrim wiki reckons it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game simply because it has the power to potentially, maybe, if you're lucky, instantly kill even the biggest of final bosses.