ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

And you achieve this by doing all of Vex's missions and so on? Because I've done a fair few of her burglary jobs now and I'm starting to wonder when it will end. lol

Just looked this up.

To become guild master you need to do the "under new management" mission. To access this you need to complete the thieves guild missions and then also do at least one of each of the Vex/Delvin side missions. You then get access to it and once completed get the guild master armour.

I'm all over this as soon as I've eaten, I desperately need to improve my smithing so's I can get out these gay elven clothes.

Christ I feel like a nerd, I'm on an internet forum discussing elves and quests and swords etc. I used to be cool....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just faced my first Dragon Priest on my way to a Thieves Guild quest. Noticed a dragon sitting atop a rocky alcove on a snowy mountain, so stealth shot an arrow up it's arse. Took a little while but managed to slay it. Walked towards the alcove and Lydia says, "I don't like the looks of this." Meh. Women.

Turns out it was a word wall being protected by what I originally thought to be a skeleton. Erm, no. It was a Dragon Priest, Krosis. Took about 5 minutes of running around healing myself while casting Dremora's with my Sanguine's Rose staff. The b*stard took about 5 of them out.

Anyway, he was killed in the end and I took his fireball staff and his mask. Wearing it gives me 20% on Lockpick, Alchemy and Enchanting, IIRC. Not bad.

Evo 5 RS
Just looked this up.To become guild master you need to do the "under new management" mission. To access this you need to complete the thieves guild missions and then also do at least one of each of the Vex/Delvin side missions. You then get access to it and once completed get the guild master armour.I'm all over this as soon as I've eaten, I desperately need to improve my smithing so's I can get out these gay elven clothes.Christ I feel like a nerd, I'm on an internet forum discussing elves and quests and swords etc. I used to be cool....
LOL. Least its not WoW, now that's s**t. Sweet, cheers. Will be doing that later

DCi
someone needs to develop some kind of loop of enchantments and potions where you potions are x% stronger than usual... then make a potion that makes your smithing y% better than usual... than smith something that has insane stats etc.

who could possibly have time for this?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Have I fucked by drinking the werewolf blood?

I've done the same. Don't think there are any side effects other than losing the ability to get sleep well bonus rewards.

Plus turning into a werewolf is pretty cool and they are very strong.

So far I've only done the werewolf turning ceremony and the following mission with that fit as f**k hunter woman. Think I'll leave those quests alone now for a while. I don't want to be a perma-werewolf.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So far I've only done the werewolf turning ceremony and the following mission with that fit as f**k hunter woman. Think I'll leave those quests alone now for a while. I don't want to be a perma-werewolf.

That mission was as far as I got too. Or the one after that where you have to clear the bandits/werewolf killers. The leader of that is a right kick in the nuts. Took me f*cking ages.

Aela the Huntress is the hunter woman. You can marry her with the Amulet of Mara ;)

I actually found it quite easy to kill the leader of the anti-werewolf group (the first mission as you wake up half nekked). Dual wielding fire and sparks. Served the b**ch in no time.

Lol at marrying Alea The Hunter. BRB.

LOL. Least its not WoW, now that's s**t. Sweet, cheers. Will be doing that later

Sorry pal, slight misinformation there - It's not the Vex/Delvin thieving missions (heist/burglary/numbers etc) you need to do, it's the other thieves guild side missions - One is given to you by the barman in the guild, the others by Delvin I think. There should be 4 of them in total.

Re: Being a werewolf - The penalties are fairly minor. You lose your resting bonus - Which is basically after you rest, for a short while afterwards anything you do levels you up faster. So unless you're in a major rush to level up for some reason I wouldn't worry about it. I never rested anyway so don't really miss the bonus. Being a werewolf is kind of fun. You can't take much punishment but you can deal some pretty heavy duty damage. Particularly if you combine sprint and attack - It does some kind of leaping move which f***s people up. You're also fast as f**k when sprinting - Faster than a galloping horse.

Bus Winker
Well I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to advance in the thieves guild. I have done 7 jobs for vex and 7 for Delvin and I still don't get any new quests :S

Me too...

Until I just gave up and looked it up on the Skyrim wiki. Doesn't really explain how to do it though so I just wandered round the thieves guild trying to talk to everyone to see if they'd give me a job. Eventually got one off the barman and that seemed to kick it all off.

Bus Winker
Me too...

Until I just gave up and looked it up on the Skyrim wiki. Doesn't really explain how to do it though so I just wandered round the thieves guild trying to talk to everyone to see if they'd give me a job. Eventually got one off the barman and that seemed to kick it all off.

Apparently that quest is bugged and it gives no reward.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
V1.2 for PC players tomorrow.

Ace :cool:

JimWu came round earlier, he's got this on the PS3 and after watching me on the PC tonight he said that it looks and plays much better on the PC. I'm only using med-high settings as well, and K&M. He said it's so much quicker with everything, much smoother and better frame rates.

PC 1 - Console fags 0

/slight troll sorry :eek:

Evo 5 RS
UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)
Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
Dragon corpses now clean up properly
Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.

flol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

JimWu came round earlier, he's got this on the PS3 and after watching me on the PC tonight he said that it looks and plays much better on the PC. I'm only using med-high settings as well, and K&M. He said it's so much quicker with everything, much smoother and better frame rates.

PC 1 - Console fags 0

Just slight, yes. Don't forget the XB360 doesn't suffer the same flaws as the PS3 version. Therefore it's PC 1 - PS3 0.

Nissan 350z
Well I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to advance in the thieves guild. I have done 7 jobs for vex and 7 for Delvin and I still don't get any new quests :S

I did them the other night and im now rocking the guild masters armor.

Basically take the missions off Vex and Drexor (or whatever his name is) the 2 NPCs that sit in the bar area and offer extra jobs. Keep taking one off each person, doing them, returning etc. Once you have completed any 5 missions in 1 city, Drexor will offer you a special mission when you talk to him (its not an option on his list, he just gives it you when you speak to him).

You need to complete a special mission in each of the 4 cities (Whiterun, Windhelm, Markarth, Solitude). When that has been done you get invited to become the guild master.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Last night :

Completed the Blindsighted quest last night (I believe it's the penultimate quest for the Thieves Guild). Those Falmer chaps were... characters. Had a tough time with some of them, especially when in packs. Have to say I was expecting Mercer to be more of a challenge. Saying that, as he uses invisibility to his advantage, I used my Detect Life scroll on him, therefore rendering his ability worthless. Not only that, but I used the Sanguine's Rose staff and a Dremora went to work on him. Even while invisible that brute chased him all over the shop with his sword of embers. I just sat back and then rushed over near the end and put in a few timely sword swings. He had one hell of an inventory to take - mostly jewels and potions but a few choice weapons and of course the Quest items. I thought I would had to leave a few things behind as I was overencumbered, but then remembered I had Leather Boots of Strength which increased carrying capacity by 35. Result. At the very end of the quest, Karliah also gave me her Nightingale Bow, which was very impressive. Trouble is, I already have an Ebony bow which I had just upgraded to "Equisite" stage - giving 82 damage. So I first need the Smithing perk to allow me to improve magicka weapons and I'll use an Ebony ingot on her bow to see where that takes me. It's pretty neat in standard form, it freezes the target for 30 points and does 15 points of shock damage. Also got that skeleton key which is an unbreakable pick. Will use that on a few locks I've pinpointed across the map before I have to return it. Boo.

Bus Winker
I did them the other night and im now rocking the guild masters armor.

Basically take the missions off Vex and Drexor (or whatever his name is) the 2 NPCs that sit in the bar area and offer extra jobs. Keep taking one off each person, doing them, returning etc. Once you have completed any 5 missions in 1 city, Drexor will offer you a special mission when you talk to him (its not an option on his list, he just gives it you when you speak to him).

You need to complete a special mission in each of the 4 cities (Whiterun, Windhelm, Markarth, Solitude). When that has been done you get invited to become the guild master.

Cheers. Did one extra quest for Vex and got the improvement quest.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

PC 1 - Console fags 0

Odd, considering 9/10 PC Dinosaurs in here play this with a 360 pad. ;)

And I've played both 360 and PC versions a fair bit. There's not a awful lot of difference bar some nicer AA and draw distance.

I imagine it looked much better than the PS3 version though, that looks appalling.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Really? I get it loads! :eek:

Loads of quest bugs have been fixed too, along with the stats glitch which randomly reset you stats occasionally. I had that too, I almost sh*t bricks.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Really? I get it loads! :eek:

Loads of quest bugs have been fixed too, along with the stats glitch which randomly reset you stats occasionally. I had that too, I almost sh*t bricks.

Nah, I've had a couple of freezes but in 62 hours worth of playing I've had nothing of note. I recall Fallout 3 actually destroyed my 360, RROD a few hours after the screen started changing colours.

PMSL @ the comparisons though.

five-lessons-fallout-4-can-learn-from-skyrim--20111128025825898.jpg

Bland.

five-lessons-fallout-4-can-learn-from-skyrim--20111128025825694.jpg

Not so bland.

<3 Fallout 3, nevertheless.

Evo 5 RS
Odd, considering 9/10 PC Dinosaurs in here play this with a 360 pad. ;)

And I've played both 360 and PC versions a fair bit. There's not a awful lot of difference bar some nicer AA and draw distance.

I imagine it looked much better than the PS3 version though, that looks appalling.

*cough* and 3D.. an extra dimension of epicness

Who's playing on PC with a 360 pad? Lame

Seriously who plays an RPG with a pad given the choice? That's like flicking your mams bean

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I was on the Bethesda forums last night looking for some help on a quest. Spotted a thread reviewing the game, he said he had played 235 hours!

That is at least 12 hours a day, every day since it has been released! I thought I was bad with my 75 hours.

That make you feel better Chris?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Probably make him feel worse. He'll have to hammer it some more now.

I'm on 62 hours I think. 235 hours is a piss take.

I'm playing on PC with a 360 pad. Mainly because it plays far better and the menu system is approximately 800% more intuitive. Playing this with K&M is cutting your nose off to spite your Nord face. It's rubbish. Just like Fallout 3 was.

Evo 5 RS
Menu system has mouse support

Nough said

Although to be fair 3rd person sneaking works quite well with the pad

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm playing on PC with a 360 pad. Mainly because it plays far better and the menu system is approximately 800% more intuitive. Playing this with K&M is cutting your nose off to spite your Nord face. It's rubbish. Just like Fallout 3 was.

Yup.

It's cack with a mouse. Took me ages to navigate any menu!

Plus, try moving, holding sprint and shouting or using a power attack at the same time. K&M failure.

Menu system has mouse support

And the menu system is rubbish with a mouse. For me anyway. The pointer isn't even accurate FFS. Anyway I've tried both and I prefer the pad by a factor of infinity (times infinity to the power of infinity). To me, this game is an awful mess with K&M.

Revels Mum & Sister
I have done 2 hours LOL

Barely touched this due to work and other crap. Moving soon so will hopefully get a bit more time to place this.

Fcuk my life!