ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Octy VRS
Did the first College quest in Saarthal. Found the end bloke piss easy and I'm still only level 7, I've had harder s***s. Was expecting more tbh.

Came across a fire atronach in the wilds and my stupid horse decided to go big guns and try to take it on. He failed and is now a pile of ash. Do I now have to buy another or do you get infinite horses when you buy one?

Did the first College quest in Saarthal. Found the end bloke piss easy and I'm still only level 7, I've had harder s**ts. Was expecting more tbh.

Came across a fire atronach in the wilds and my stupid horse decided to go big guns and try to take it on. He failed and is now a pile of ash. Do I now have to buy another or do you get infinite horses when you buy one?

Your horse needs to man up ;).

Mine kills everything it gets in a fight with, f**k knows what it takes. I think if you go back to the stables it'll be there.

Octy VRS
Yeah, went back to the Whiterun stable and there was only the option to steal or horse or buy a new one. I stole one.

*edit* Checked and you have to get a new one. b*****ds.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-3
LOL!

I bought a horse from whiterun stables, headed west in the massive open plane and then a dragon appeared. Whilst I was slaying the dragon my horse ran off and got sent to the moon by a giant. It lasted all of about 3 minutes. R.I.P :(

Octy VRS
I've only seen one dragon and that was a quest. Have some shouts but need dragon souls. I'm 10 hours in too, thought I would have seen more.

I got two hours into a dungeon again this evening and then got fisted. FFS.

lol :eek:

If I backtrack out of it (rather than reload), will the dungeon retain its current state in terms of who's dead and who isn't?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Completed the College of Winterhold quests. Nothing too taxing. Took down another dragon priest on the way in one quest. 3 arrows in sneak mode :cool:

Just checked and I've currently got 8 main/side quests active and over 30 misc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I got two hours into a dungeon again this evening and then got fisted. FFS.

lol :eek:

If I backtrack out of it (rather than reload), will the dungeon retain its current state in terms of who's dead and who isn't?

Fisted as in defeated or another broken quest?

Yes. Plus it'll "lock" that dungeon into whatever level you entered. So while the rest of the world kind of levels up with you that particular one will not. So if you're really struggling you can go back later when you're level 50 and f**k em up.

I think if you completely clear a dungeon it sometimes gets repopulated with a different batch of folk.

I've just gotten the 3rd shout in the fire breathing one. It's not that great actually. Tried it out on some random hunter and it only knocked off about 1/2 her health. Might be better against multiple enemies or ones susceptable to fire. It also takes nearly 2 minutes to recharge!

Fiesta ST-3
Poor Roy :(

Quick question, I've done all the Theives guild main stuff, and currently going through vex and delvins missions... done the 5 in solitude, windhelm and whiterun and the special ones at the end, but now I keep getting ones in them rather than in riften/markarth. Any ideas? Just after the guild master stuff.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What's really great is the fact that enemies stay dead and remain where they were killed. I returned to a dungeon I tackled on my first day and the bandits are still there. Dead.

Also, just before bed last night, I decided to do "one more quest" (f*cking game). I went for killing the bandit leader at Nilheim. I set off on my travels to find this place, and before I'd even got the location identifier up to say discovered, a message came up on the screen telling me the quest was completed and I had to return to get my reward. Turns out when I did get to Nilheim a group of guards had already killed him. Absolutely incredible how the game world continues without you if you aren't in the area.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
After our conversation yesterday Scutchio, I wandered off to winterhold (had to go there anyway) and managed to buy myself "Conjure Demora Lord"

AWESOME.

But, I need to get expert level conjuration costs 50% magicka, which I can't get til it's lvl 75 (71 at the moment). At the moment if rapes my magica.

I now have a mage ready to help me in a lydia type sense by doing a college related quest, very cool indeed. Haven't tried him out yet but I hope he's good.

Osaka - I guess you killed the first dragon that's part of the story yeah? This unlocks "wild" dragons.

Also, do you fast travel everywhere or walk? Walking will see the best result obv.

Scutch -

Having completed the college quests, I assume you're now arch mage? Do you wear his robes? Have you noticed they make you have no head??????

WTFFFF

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PMSL @ that spoiler. Nah mate, I don't wear that sh*t. I just enchant rings and necklaces with that power. B*llocks to having little to no armour. The Ancient Shrouded Armour is next on my list, as the stats are quality and it weights next to nothing, but I need to start the Dark Brotherhood quests.

Who did you buy that spell from?

I've completed the Winterhold quests now, fully. Could do with that spell although the staff I have is doing it's job. I came to some place last night, and behind a gate was a skeleton dragon and about 10 skeletons. I opened the gate, sent in my Dremora and close the gate again. 10 seconds or so later, job done.

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Lol! Now close to level 18, still just sealing s**t and trying to make some money and up my smithing - now have some enchanted Dwauven(sp) armour which is nice. Did the 'pissed' mission last night, found that Sam bloke who turns out to be that Demora bloke, and now have a staff that congours him up for 60 sec's which is nice. 15000 coins - need to steal and sell more s**t.....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Felt a little shamed last night having used the resurrect hack. Lydia bought it (again) during that last bit of forging the three bits of the amulet together. Pretty tough going when you're only level 23, so I wasn't going to go through all that again!

Found out that it works on anything you kill as well. If you were that way inclined, it would be an uber-simple way to stat pad.

D.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
PMSL @ that spoiler. Nah mate, I don't wear that sh*t. I just enchant rings and necklaces with that power. B*llocks to having little to no armour. The Ancient Shrouded Armour is next on my list, as the stats are quality and it weights next to nothing, but I need to start the Dark Brotherhood quests.

Who did you buy that spell from?

I've completed the Winterhold quests now, fully. Could do with that spell although the staff I have is doing it's job. I came to some place last night, and behind a gate was a skeleton dragon and about 10 skeletons. I opened the gate, sent in my Dremora and close the gate again. 10 seconds or so later, job done.

The conjuring dude at Winterhold, each member there can teach you different stuff. The conjure spell lasts 120 seconds as opposed to the staff's 60 too.

Also, with gates, if you aim well, you can normally conjure the big b*****d through the gate without even opening it :cool:

Yeah having no armour sucks, but those robes are beyond epic. 100% faster regen, 15% off ALL spells, 50 magica? Mental.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The conjuring dude at Winterhold, each member there can teach you different stuff. The conjure spell lasts 120 seconds as opposed to the staff's 60 too.

Also, with gates, if you aim well, you can normally conjure the big b*****d through the gate without even opening it :cool:

Yeah having no armour sucks, but those robes are beyond epic. 100% faster regen, 15% off ALL spells, 50 magica? Mental.

Like I said though, I'd just disenchant that and enchant it onto something else. Saying that, you'd probably need a high level of Enchanting to take it's full potential.

You could really stack the magicka regen quite well. That Dragon Priest mask offers 100% quicker regen too. Combine that with the robes and other stuff and you'll be one impressive mage.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I already have darling. ;)

I'm rocking a ring of 20 health, an amulet of 50 magic, boots of 40 carrying, a mask of 100% regen, robes of 50 magic/100% regen/15% less spell costs.

I rock TBH.

I'm currently trying to train enchanting like mad. I want to max it in the next week, I'm not sure I could get all of those enchantments from the arch mage thing onto one piece of armour could I?

Octy VRS
So you can disenchant mages robes and then enchant some badass armour?

I spoke to the dude with the pointy beard in the College last night. His room has some decent stuff to nick. Got a couple of Grand Soul gems and some invisibility potion.

Where does one find these Dragon Priests? I've not met any yet.

I actually came close to dying last night - Was simultaneously taking on a dragon, a Hagraven and a bunch of bandits (including a bandit mage). I was dancing about, sticking arrows in the dragon while trying to avoid long range fire from the bandit archers, mage and Hagraven but didn't realise there was some dude repeatedly smashing me in the back of the head with a warhammer. Had to beat a hasty retreat, neck a couple of potions then pick em all off from range.

My dragons also seem to have names now. Dunno if they're any harder but it's a cool feature. Better than just taking on a generic "Blood Dragon" or whatever.

1.8 Civic EX
ok so I've not played the game so no idea what it's about but I understand there are some things that require shouting involved?!?

Just thought you guys might like to know (if it hasn't been posted already) some dude has modded the xbox kinect with the PC version of the game so to do the shouts you actually shout the words using the mic in the kinect rather than having to press any buttons. Lost the link now though so all in all this post is bit of a waste of my pauper forum user post limit.

Pretty cool idea though I thought.

Carry on.......

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ok so I've not played the game so no idea what it's about but I understand there are some things that require shouting involved?!?

Just thought you guys might like to know (if it hasn't been posted already) some dude has modded the xbox kinect with the PC version of the game so to do the shouts you actually shout the words using the mic in the kinect rather than having to press any buttons. Lost the link now though so all in all this post is bit of a waste of my pauper forum user post limit.

Pretty cool idea though I thought.

Carry on.......

The shouts make this game. Get some japseye up a mountain side thinking he/she/it is hitting you like a boss. Turn and muller them with a few hits so they yield and just before they get to their feet - FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS them with a shout that hurls them 20 yards in the air, down the mountain-side and ultimate dead-ness.

Saw a random battle between two mages in a field yesterday - one an ice mage, the other a fire mage. Quite funny how each side was cancelling the other out. When I got bored watching, both got nailed.

D.

53 Clio's & counting
another aspect of the game which I LOVE - how it carries on around you - Finding all types of people and animals fighting each other - on that note has anyone else noticed how s**t hot dogs are? There i was, minding my own business just walking along, when i happened on a stray dog - he wandered over and barked a few times and sat down - on that note, 2 wolves howled and appeared around the side of the rocks - and the Dog fucked them up - and i mean teared them up, no f**king about - then barked at me and wandered off!

I spent about f**king half an hour following that Brabbas talking dog last night. He says "follow me" so I just assumed he meant just round the corner. We started down in the SW corner near Falkreath and finally ended up in the SE corner near Riften. He could handle himself too. Got attacked by a Spriggan and he waded in there. I dived in at the last second with my soul-trapped mace to claim her soul.

I also came across a fire vs ice mage battle last night. The fire mage won. His prize was a mace to the face. I had a nice empty black soul gem waiting for him too!

Octy VRS
I haven't encountered much, maybe it's broken. An atronach and a witch fight is the only one I've seen, still no dragons either. I'm waiting for all hell to break loose at some point.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I spent about f**king half an hour following that Brabbas talking dog last night. He says "follow me" so I just assumed he meant just round the corner. We started down in the SW corner near Falkreath and finally ended up in the SE corner near Riften. He could handle himself too. Got attacked by a Spriggan and he waded in there. I dived in at the last second with my soul-trapped mace to claim her soul.

I also came across a fire vs ice mage battle last night. The fire mage won. His prize was a mace to the face. I had a nice empty black soul gem waiting for him too!

Yeah Barbas is immortal so can't be killed.

Quite a handy follower to have. That's if he didn't get in the way as much as he does and generally annoy.

Just go for a walk in the woods at night.

I saw a ghostly horseman galloping along a road last night. I was in the woods and caught sight of him through the trees. He was glowing and was translucent. Couldn't see whether he had a head or not. I gave chase but was on foot so couldn't keep up.