ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Average life time is meaningless in this game and the only players with long average life times are camping wookies that sit there and contribute f**k all to the team.

Well, the whole point of Recon is to stay inconspicuous and aid the team from distance, but I know what you mean. Few guys I know have average life times of over 5 minutes, yet their score is still pretty impressive. I usually camp around but never stay in the same place for more than 2 kills, and if I'm running around as a sniper I switch to my hand pistol. Not very clever with it, mind, but at least it's an option :cool:

172 Cup
Well, the whole point of Recon is to stay inconspicuous and aid the team from distance, but I know what you mean. Few guys I know have average life times of over 5 minutes, yet their score is still pretty impressive. I usually camp around but never stay in the same place for more than 2 kills, and if I'm running around as a sniper I switch to my hand pistol. Not very clever with it, mind, but at least it's an option :cool:

If it was limited to a couple of snipers per team I'd agree that they have a use but when you have almost 16 v 16 snipers (do you have that many players on the console versions?) bobbing their heads up and down for 30 minutes it makes a mockery of the game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If it was limited to a couple of snipers per team I'd agree that they have a use but when you have almost 16 v 16 snipers (do you have that many players on the console versions?) bobbing their heads up and down for 30 minutes it makes a mockery of the game.

That is ridiculous yes. If there are more than 3 snipers when I play, I switch to Engineer class. It's also annoying as hell when a sniper pitches right next to you.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I think it's 12 on 12 on consoles, but I may be wrong.

172 Cup
Have you tried infantry only mode yet? It works on some maps but on others you spawn miles away (in which case you'd normally use a tank or jeep), spend literally 3 minutes running to the Mcom and get sniped. Repeat for next 30 minutes.. Grrrrr!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Have you tried infantry only mode yet? It works on some maps but on others you spawn miles away (in which case you'd normally use a tank or jeep), spend literally 3 minutes running to the Mcom and get sniped. Repeat for next 30 minutes.. Grrrrr!

That sounds like great fun. I don't even know what infantry only mode is, either! I always choose to be part of a team, too, rather than on my own. That way I have at least one other spawn point rather than the base. It's annoying as hell when the opposing team gets control of your base, though, and you only have that 1 spawn location. Thankfully doesn't happen very often.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You're on this now?!

Conquest is where it's at, mate. I'll hopefully see you on there. Give the brother a shout. Great stuff.

My mate has been on COD series including MW and MW2 for years, and he tried this a few weeks back and sent me a text saying, "Utter s**t. MW2 is miles better." Since then, he's played MW2 once and the text I got off him on Wednesday last week was, "f**k me bc2 sucks you in a bit. The sniping is awesome. Just unlocked the GOL rifle. How cool are the vehicles? You unlocked everthing in engineer yet??"

PMSL. Excited, much?

Just noticed your stats, Chris :

Brapple%20Pie.png

PMSL, my stats were f*cking horrendous first starting out compared to that. Your MW2 experience clearly paying off. Excellent K/D ratio that so early on.

LOL @ the research. Nice work

Yeah, coming from being pretty nifty at MW2, it's pretty easy to pick up.

Loving it so far though!

Yeah, we'll have to get a few of us on sometimes, would be a right giggle.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Saying that, how are people fixed for tonight?

9pm? Me, Alex and Chris will be on... so maybe get a few more together.

I need to work on my Sniper class really, I've spent nearly all my time as Assault so far.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I ain't had lag for months. First few weeks of it's release actually were the worst. Been spot on since.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've had a pretty good day on it. Didn't actually win many conquest games, but they were pretty enjoyable and racked up a fair few points. Also got my award for 5 consecutive days play :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
Been doing well with the UAV / C4 tactic on Rush. Initially I thought it was cheating, but really the amount of people who sit miles away and call in mortar after mortar are doing the same thing, and it does require skill to coordinate and flythe bugger in. Often get 400 + points a hit though if you use all explosives - sometimes getting the odd kill too.

I've gone back to the Gol after people recommending it on here and WOW, so much better than the M95. Been devastating enemy lines with it and so powerfull can keep explosive upgrade on to super charge my mortar or C4.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Had a good 2 hour stint last night. Picked up 2k points a round (x 5 or so) with the engineer, then another 3k with Recon on Arica Harbor before calling it a night.

I can now play this game in my head, running along the maps and knowing where to go, which is slightly worrying.

I imagine just springing up in bed one night and shouting "SNIPER!!" before laying back down again.

Mito Sportiva 135
I was on a bit of a rinseout last night, got 19 for 2 which I think is my best k/d ratio in a game and from then on was consistently picking up 15-30 kills a game - mainly from the Gol but I was mixing up all my classes. Also for some reason my veteran status finally clicked in (having visited the website) and got the WW2 Garand which is a nice bit of kit.

Got a couple of pins which are proving harder to get than I would have thought, e.g. the 4 melee kills in a game. The way I play generally don't get that close.

1.8 Civic EX
I was on a bit of a rinseout last night, got 19 for 2 which I think is my best k/d ratio in a game and from then on was consistently picking up 15-30 kills a game - mainly from the Gol but I was mixing up all my classes. Also for some reason my veteran status finally clicked in (having visited the website) and got the WW2 Garand which is a nice bit of kit.

Got a couple of pins which are proving harder to get than I would have thought, e.g. the 4 melee kills in a game. The way I play generally don't get that close.

when I first got the game I was knifing people left right and centre lol Now I've played it a fair bit more I never seem to be able to get close enough for some reason.

still chugging my way through the engineer class. Two more guns to unlock on that before I move onto Medic. I really don't see why anyone would buy the full kit pack from the store. I've been playing for about 32/33 hours and I'm almost 3 quaters unlocked, it's not that challenging to get the kit.

Tried playing rush for the first time the other night (always been playing conquest) I gave up pretty quickly tbh. Was a case of, spawn, run, dead, spawn, creep round a corner, dead, spawn, run, spot someone, dead and repeat lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Knifing is pretty tough tbh.

Got lucky on Port Valdez last week though, 5 snipers all on "sniper rock" came up around em and knifed them all haha.

Got 4 Gold from 1 guy, 4 silver form another and 4 Bronze from another now.

Nice set of tags haha.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Anyone tried to knife someone and it having absolutely no effect at all? That's annoying.

No idea where sniper rock is, but I've only been on Port Valdez twice (So 4 goes in total - 2 x US and Russian), and I choose Engineer as the tanks can proper riot on that map. Also stood on a demolished building and took down a chopper with the Carl Gustav as it was hovering over taking out folk on the ground. Was well pleased. Quite like that PV map, actually.

I also got a pin last night for 50 double kills. One of the best was taking out 2 medics and an assualt guy with one shot. Through the heads of the medics and onto the assault. Chuffed with that one.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
If your attacking its at the top of that ridge in front of you that overlooks the first 2 mcom's.

Yeah i've had that happen so many times, then they just spin round and f**k you... well.

That sounds insane mate, i bet you squealed with joy, i would have haha.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL! What's your favourite map? Still Atacama? I'm not that good in the choppers, so it's not one of mine. I like Arica Harbour and Laguna Alta, though. Panama Canal is decent too with the Engineer.

Here, I also noticed a medic was gunned down, so I donned his attire and revived the poor chap with the Defib's. Nevermind that though, how many f*cking bullets do their guns have?! Jesus. It's no wonder they get some many points!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Haha, dont really have a top one.

I like equally Atacama (rush/conquest)
Valdez (Rush/conquest)
Laguna Alta (Rush)
Arica Harbour (Rush)

I like big maps with vehicles basically, then you've got a good mix of sniping or driving/hunting vehicles.

Yeah and the more you shoot in 1 burst the more accurate they get... M60 with red dot and Magnum ammo is a BEAST

Mito Sportiva 135
Scutch Rush is THE game mode on BC2 as far as I'm concerned, give it another go - even defending is fun now, and forces you to change your tactics a lot more often so improves your overall gameplay.

Val Pareiso is the one me and my friend enjoy the most, although attacking rather than defending. All the levels are good though !

Clio 1.2 16v
Had an awesome game last night (PS3). Port Valdez attackers, 44-2 including a 9-in-1 kill. Even managed to get 2 successful plants (playing as assault - M416, RDS, Mag, Rex as sidearm)

i Just bought this game from asda and i didnt get a vip code in the box have i been robbed as it says on the back it should contain a vip code.

Integra Type-R DC2
I like Rush and Conquest in equal measure tbh. Rush on Arica Harbour is the tits though, imo. Pretty much spans every type of combat in one map.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, the amount of emergent strategies in this game is insane - e.g. use of smoke, C4, mortars, vehicles etc etc.

Had a great triple kill the other night, jumped out a chopped above an M-Com station, it was fiercely defended but they weren't looking up, so I shot a rocket down as I was falling, then set the explosives. Was a modern day virtual hero! :)

Clio 182
Just bought this today, tried playing rush and then a deathmatch, really cant get on with this game, saw a sniper in a window, stood there firing like fook, then he shoots me in the head......... really struggling to play this tbh..

Anyone got any hints/tips...... tried recon class, could only one shot kill with headshot, if i hit the body i reload and get shot

172 Cup
Just bought this today, tried playing rush and then a deathmatch, really cant get on with this game, saw a sniper in a window, stood there firing like fook, then he shoots me in the head......... really struggling to play this tbh..

Anyone got any hints/tips...... tried recon class, could only one shot kill with headshot, if i hit the body i reload and get shot

BC2 incorporates bullet physics so unlike CSS, COD etc where you stick the crosshair on someones head and that's where the bullet goes in this game you need to factor in bullet drop. I.E If you're shooting someone over a long distance aim above their head.