ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, you don't run around as much in open etc stick to cover a lot more, duck and weave! If you are recon pick a nice spot and enjoy...once you unlock a few bits of gear though the game really comes alive, plenty more ways to customise the way you want to play - e.g. recon with mortar strike and sniper, recon with c4 and shotgun, explosives or more ammo or lightweight...you mix it up as the game demands basically.

S3, Polo
I've been loving ASSAULT class equipped with:

- G3
- M9
- C4
- Exposives upgrade
- Magnum Ammo

Awesome tank buster class that's great on Conquest!

I've been thinking about buying CoD:MW2 again (for some variety) - Would you go back?

1.8 Civic EX
finally finished the engineer class. Started on medic now, not so keen on the guns available, don't seem all that accurate to me but then I'm always a bit crap with iorn sights, not long till i get the red dot so that should help me out.

Seem to get a funk load of "points" when using medic even if I hardly get any kills. Just run around giving people energy and bringing them back to life with the defib. Once I've got all the upgrades/weapons for medic I'll start mixing it up a bit depending on how the game is going and try a get at least one gold star for each weapon (could take a while with the pistols as I hate them with a passion! lol)

as regards goin back to MW2 I struggle with it now. Infact I'm contemplating trading it in as it doesn't get touched.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've tried going back to MW2, just find it frustrating now though in general.

Medic class does get a LOT better, the M16 with magnum ammo and red dot is lethal, almost like a rapid firing sniper rifle - lethal at all distances.

Nero you can make the same character as that but with the Recon class, plus you can get the "other" explosives upgrade so not only are explosives bigger but you get twice as much AND you have better camo so you can sneak up on tanks better.

I used to say Medic was best overall but now I think all are great for different purposes.

Clio 1.2 16v
Just got my Air Vehicle Platinum and will soon have Land Vehicle Platinum. Golded all of the assault weapons, now starting on engineer :(.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
I hope they chuck some of the maps from BC1 on there and Backstab from modern combat!

completed all class unlocks now and got platinum on the m416 yesterday :) think ive only got like 10 dogtags tho, i forget and just blast people if i sneak up on them.

Anyone got the kill 2 people using boats pin? that grenade launcher on front is poo.

Mito Sportiva 135
Anyone got the kill 2 people using boats pin? that grenade launcher on front is poo.

No!!! So hard to get. Also need the melee one (4 kills in a round), 4 roadkills, 4 kills in a car...all achievable just haven't done them.

Some of the badges are very hard to get though, although got about half probably now.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
bloody melee pin!! crawled up a rock last night on valparasso and there was 3 guys...stab stab stab! one more kill and thats my pin, did i get it? NO! everytime i snuck up on someone id get shot or blown up. made me rage lol

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh it's really hard! Especially as I like to not get that close. The boat kill pin and roadkill pins are hard too...I'll keep going though!

Integra Type-R DC2
Liking the VSS with red dot alot lately, makes a great stealth kit. Shame its accuracy is shambolic when you fire off a burst.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just going through the single player campaign on this again. Arguably liking it more now than the first time around. It 'feels' more polished - I take it that they've fixed and optimised a fair few things in the patches?

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
I enjoyed it in places. Could of done with being a bit longer with some variety, but not bad at all.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I still struggle with the parachute when leaping off buildings. What's the f*cking button press?! I've tried A but it just doesn't seem to work. 360 by the way.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just going through the single player campaign on this again. Arguably liking it more now than the first time around. It 'feels' more polished - I take it that they've fixed and optimised a fair few things in the patches?

D.

Yeah they've tidied it up a bit with the patches.

S3, Polo
I still struggle with the parachute when leaping off buildings. What's the f*cking button press?! I've tried A but it just doesn't seem to work. 360 by the way.

Double-tap A when in the air.

Second tap - hold the button down.

:)

S3, Polo
Yeah, but you have to be falling for it to work!

IME, it's a bit f*cking hit-and-miss, but give it a go! :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PMSL!! Sorry mate. Must have been an enemy shot that triggered it because you can't be killed by driving over one on the same team. I think the tank blew up and you got caught in the explosion. Saying that, I did lose 100 points for team damage :(

You can rack up so many points with mines! I came top of the leaderboard 4 times in a row with over 2.5k each time. Not bad with the engineer.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've not got too far into the campaign, is the story good? Cinematic as MW2?

I really liked the campaign mode. It doesn't do anything 'new' so to speak in terms of WOW factor, but it's certainly enjoyable. Some great quotes in the dialogue as well - the devs must be proper James Cameron fans. I've heard so many quotes from Terminator and Aliens during it as well as Predator (even if that isn't a JC film. ;))

PMSL!! Sorry mate. Must have been an enemy shot that triggered it because you can't be killed by driving over one on the same team. I think the tank blew up and you got caught in the explosion. Saying that, I did lose 100 points for team damage :(

You can rack up so many points with mines! I came top of the leaderboard 4 times in a row with over 2.5k each time. Not bad with the engineer.

The engineer class is SO under-valued in FPSs - they are normally my class of choice. :) I used engineers extensively in BF2 and even more so in BF2142.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Aye Engineer is wicked, nothing beats laying some mines, forgetting about it then a few minutes later getting loads of points suddenly coming up. Plus if you have a 2 or 3 man engineer squad in a tank or chopper you can be like a mobile fortress - alt vehicle weapons, vehicle armour and either upgraded damage or smoke and it takes a lot to bring you down!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well, having finished the campaign mode for a 2nd time, I thought I'd have a dabble online. Obviously at Rank 1, I've got the crappiest of kits (lol) - but feck me is this game good!

Just had two games, approx 20mins each - our team won one and lost the next. Still a little way off the first set of unlocks yet, but I'm already settling into the role of the engineer. But that standard SMG simply DRINKS ammo! At first, I couldn't work out why I couldn't repair from the get-go (clearly a new direction for EA/DICE this) - but the repair tool will be my first unlock, imo.

Great game - loving it. Absolutely pisses all over MW2 or any COD I reckon online. At one point, I was loosing badly with killstreaks - but I just felt compelled to jump back in and try and get a little revenge. ;) The multiplayer CODs on the other hand simply infuriate me and induce nothing but rage-quit.

Well done DICE - you've cracked it again. :cool:

D.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Pleased you like it Darren! I did the assault class first but engineer is probably easier to rank up with - wait until you get the repair you can get loads of points, and mines are wicked too for big points with the explosives upgrade. Medic is probably the easiest to rank up with overall though especially on Rush mode you can get loads of revivals and heal points.

Your on PC though as presume?

Bus w**ker
Ordered this yesterday coz I've got sick to death of MW2...I'm gonna get my arse handed to me when it turns up aren't I? :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, having finished the campaign mode for a 2nd time, I thought I'd have a dabble online. Obviously at Rank 1, I've got the crappiest of kits (lol) - but feck me is this game good!

Just had two games, approx 20mins each - our team won one and lost the next. Still a little way off the first set of unlocks yet, but I'm already settling into the role of the engineer. But that standard SMG simply DRINKS ammo! At first, I couldn't work out why I couldn't repair from the get-go (clearly a new directions for EA/DICE this) - but the repair tool will be my first unlock, imo.

Great game - loving it. Absolutely pisses all over MW2 or any COD I reckon online. At one point, I was loosing badly with killstreaks - but I just felt compelled to jump back in and try and get a little revenge. ;) The multiplayer CODs on the other hand simply infuriate me and induce nothing but rage-quit.

Well done DICE - you've cracked it again. :cool:

D.

I believe Medic is the easiest class to rake in the points, especially when you get the medical box and defib's. However, I'm on Rank 29 at the moment and have yet to receive a single point with Medic class. I have been the medic during battles, picking up fallen soldiers kits and reviving them, and continuing until I'm killed, but I just haven't chosen them from the off, so have yet to pick up any points in that class. I will get onto them, as I thought the guns were very effective with their rate of fire and decent accuracy bursts.

I've completed both the Engineer and Recon class, and they are the two I alternate between most. I'm starting to get into Assault class lately, too. I've got all 4 SPECACT kits for each class, so roll with the M16 SA for Assault and UMP SA for Engineer. I did originally have the M95 SA for Recon and have over 900 kills with it, but I've switched to the Gol with magnum ammo as it's much quicker and quieter (it doesnt have the same piercing helicopter windscreens power as the M95, though).

Love the game, mind. Quite easily the best multiplayer (more than 2 people) game I've ever played.

Oh, and quick query, how the hell do you get the C4 for Assault class? I don't seem to have that option and I've unlocked almost everything?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Pleased you like it Darren! I did the assault class first but engineer is probably easier to rank up with - wait until you get the repair you can get loads of points, and mines are wicked too for big points with the explosives upgrade. Medic is probably the easiest to rank up with overall though especially on Rush mode you can get loads of revivals and heal points.

Your on PC though as presume?

Sure am. :)

Ordered this yesterday coz I've got sick to death of MW2...I'm gonna get my arse handed to me when it turns up aren't I? :(

Imo, that's a sign of a well-balanced online game. On one quick go, I managed 9 kills and 12 deaths. This however was with zero map knowledge, level 1 kit and basically 'picking it up' as I went along. It is difficult at first, but more of enjoyable challenge to progress rather than the stupid and quite frankly ridiculous pwnage you get with COD. I'm off work again today, so I'll put an hour or two into the enginner class, I reckon. :)

I believe Medic is the easiest class to rake in the points, especially when you get the medical box and defib's. However, I'm on Rank 29 at the moment and have yet to receive a single point with Medic class. I have been the medic during battles, picking up fallen soldiers kits and reviving them, and continuing until I'm killed, but I just haven't chosen them from the off, so have yet to pick up any points in that class. I will get onto them, as I thought the guns were very effective with their rate of fire and decent accuracy bursts.

I've completed both the Engineer and Recon class, and they are the two I alternate between most. I'm starting to get into Assault class lately, too. I've got all 4 SPECACT kits for each class, so roll with the M16 SA for Assault and UMP SA for Engineer. I did originally have the M95 SA for Recon and have over 900 kills with it, but I've switched to the Gol with magnum ammo as it's much quicker and quieter (it doesnt have the same piercing helicopter windscreens power as the M95, though).

Love the game, mind. Quite easily the best multiplayer (more than 2 people) game I've ever played.

Oh, and quick query, how the hell do you get the C4 for Assault class? I don't seem to have that option and I've unlocked almost everything?

So you don't get points for the kits you pickup? Interesting - in fact, I really like that idea. That clearly forces you to stick to one class in order to progress. I'm glad I know that at Rank 1 now, however - cheers! ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sure am. :)

Imo, that's a sign of a well-balanced online game. On one quick go, I managed 9 kills and 12 deaths. This however was with zero map knowledge, level 1 kit and basically 'picking it up' as I went along. It is difficult at first, but more of enjoyable challenge to progress rather than the stupid and quite frankly ridiculous pwnage you get with COD. I'm off work again today, so I'll put an hour or two into the enginner class, I reckon. :)

So you don't get points for the kits you pickup? Interesting - in fact, I really like that idea. That clearly forces you to stick to one class in order to progress. I'm glad I know that at Rank 1 now, however - cheers! ;)

D.

You do still get points, but they don't contribute towards the class score. So you'll still rank upwards IIRC, but I've certainly picked up Medic kits during battles to revive team mates and spread the medical boxes around and at the end of the game I'm still on 0 points for Medic. :)

Octy VRS
I'm the same with assault class, haven't touched it except picking up kits mid game. I started with medic and maxed that then mixed it up with recon and engineer.

As with any online game it's not necessarily what kit and guns you have, it's knowing the layout of the maps and the good places for cover etc.

Bus w**ker
I've not even got this game and I love it already, all because I've just found out that I can link my BF2 account up to it and get Vet status and some special gun. God I'm gonna be so f**king cool, I hope it's like the BF2142 Vet thing and I get a big f**k off 2 floating above my head so that no one can miss me - EVER.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Getting picked off by some mighty fine snipers on the other team - b*****ds. ;)

One made me PMSL as he clearly had the UAV scoped up. I didn't even press the key to use it, before BAM! - I was killed by an M95. A useful tactic, but its got to be one boring game style to play....

Had a few goes of Rush, but much prefer the Conquest maps - especially those with vehicles. I had a good run with a Bradley for about 5mins, with two squad mates repairing me and climbing back in as and when needed. The Bradley works brilliantly when used in its intended role - that of supporting the infantry. You need those guys around you or you're going to get your arse handed to you. I've seen it enough already when some goon just charges in with the Bradley and gets nailed inside of 20secs. My favourite tactic with it so far is to fire two rounds in the direction that I spotted an enemy and then try to nail him with the third shot before the 'reload' period kicks in. Normally your other team members have spotted what you're firing at and help out too.

What's the crack with the UAV? I can fly it ok, but what does it actually do? On the single player campaign, I was hurling guided rockets in with it and online, I've been strafed with it. It doesn't seem to do much for me. :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Getting picked off by some mighty fine snipers on the other team - b*****ds. ;)

One made me PMSL as he clearly had the UAV scoped up. I didn't even press the key to use it, before BAM! - I was killed by an M95. A useful tactic, but its got to be one boring game style to play....

Had a few goes of Rush, but much prefer the Conquest maps - especially those with vehicles. I had a good run with a Bradley for about 5mins, with two squad mates repairing me and climbing back in as and when needed. The Bradley works brilliantly when used in its intended role - that of supporting the infantry. You need those guys around you or you're going to get your arse handed to you. I've seen it enough already when some goon just charges in with the Bradley and gets nailed inside of 20secs. My favourite tactic with it so far is to fire two rounds in the direction that I spotted an enemy and then try to nail him with the third shot before the 'reload' period kicks in. Normally your other team members have spotted what you're firing at and help out too.

What's the crack with the UAV? I can fly it ok, but what does it actually do? On the single player campaign, I was hurling guided rockets in with it and online, I've been strafed with it. It doesn't seem to do much for me. :)

D.

I don't use the UAV, but theres a brilliant sniping location on Laguna Alta near the Train Depot where you can use the Mortar strike on the UAV station at the other base (C). Rather than just killing the guy on the station, the mortar destroys the helicopter, the UAV station itself and the guy operating it! All from a massive distance. So loads of points. Or, if you see a guy on the UAV station at close range, instead of stabbing him or shooting him, lob a grenade near. Points :cool:

Agree on the tank situation you mentioned, too. I got my first set of massive points by being part of the tank team (2 get out and repair while the others destory and shoot everything in sight). Brilliant tactic especially when you unlock all the vehicle upgrades like smoke or increased range/firepower.