ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Big maps fecking rule. I HATE with a passion any map on an FPS that's the size of a back yard. Such maps condone panic firing and simply running about the place. DICE have down some epic maps in their time. El Alamein in BF1942 and both the Suez Canal and Shuhia Taiba maps in BF2142. All three promoted team-based attack/defense of a particular point and were much better for it, imo.

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that these maps will pass us PC owners by, however.... :(

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Big maps fecking rule. I HATE with a passion any map on an FPS that's the size of a back yard. Such maps condone panic firing and simply running about the place. DICE have down some epic maps in their time. El Alamein in BF1942 and both the Suez Canal and Shuhia Taiba maps in BF2142. All three promoted team-based attack/defense of a particular point and were much better for it, imo.

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that these maps will pass us PC owners by, however.... :(

D.

They are coming out on PC, too, mate. I think?

Clio 182
Picked this up second hand the other day, Love it! However, stupid greedy E.A want me to buy the VIP pack for 1200MP. Gonna sell it and buy it new in the boxing day sales probably.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They are coming out on PC, too, mate. I think?

I think you're right m8. It comes up on the scrolling text on the main BC2 screen - so it's looking good! :)

ah the amazing Suez Canal that was by far the best map

For sure! The Titan Mode map with 32 players and moving titans was absolutely epic. Legging it directly underneath a Titan and firing Pilum rounds into the turrets underneath for some easy points - FTW!

D.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
who still plays this on the PS3? I'm not that keen on BO untill they sort it out. MW2 great game but abit tired of it. Rarely played this so might give it a go. and got MOH didnt think of it as much

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
who still plays this on the PS3? I'm not that keen on BO untill they sort it out. MW2 great game but abit tired of it. Rarely played this so might give it a go. and got MOH didnt think of it as much

Im on there a good few nights of the week mate, will give you a add.

me and my younger bro play side by side haha communication with your squad = win :D

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Im on there a good few nights of the week mate, will give you a add.

me and my younger bro play side by side haha communication with your squad = win :D
if im on that account and fancy BC2 send you an invite, cheers

edit i'll send you a request, im not too sure which account to use yet

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a couple of hours on this.

Still great. New maps will be mint.

Had a memorable game yesterday where I finished 15/1 - 14 kills of which were from my UAV. The other team were just gormless. I mean seriously guys - when the deathcam comes up with an opposing players' name, followed by the word 'UAV' - shouldn't you at least have the brains to look up when you next respawn? :S

I did use the V-Alt option for a while where you got the missile and the machine gun. But imo, it just makes your UAV much more of a target and downed a lot quicker than if you pic V-Hard and just rely on the extra wallop from the missile itself. Increased splash damage and tank hunting, FTMFW. :)

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
I usually use the zoom so i get better standoff range. Sit at range at put missiles on target from miles out.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I usually use the zoom so i get better standoff range. Sit at range at put missiles on target from miles out.

Good shout. Though I do prefer the extra punch of Hard rounds than going for the Optics perk. :)

Just had a good round on Arica Harbour Rush. Doing well as the Yanks and then the fecking server swapped sides for me. :( Anyways, put up a decent enough defense during the round to finish it with just the final 'B' M-COM station left.

BFBC2Game2010-11-1321-22-06-93.jpg

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Had another great few games last night. 1 on Panama Canal and one on Atacama. Was the engineer on Atacama and took out 6 vehicles with mines, and then swapped to tracer dart and rocket launcher to take out 3 choppers. Fired the dart as the chopper was in the air, too. Very rewarding when it hits the target. I'm now 2 vehicle destroys away from the 500 I need for the badge and 5000 points :cool:

Also, more info on Vietnam : http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had another great few games last night. 1 on Panama Canal and one on Atacama. Was the engineer on Atacama and took out 6 vehicles with mines, and then swapped to tracer dart and rocket launcher to take out 3 choppers. Fired the dart as the chopper was in the air, too. Very rewarding when it hits the target. I'm now 2 vehicle destroys away from the 500 I need for the badge and 5000 points :cool:

Also, more info on Vietnam : http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam

Not really used the AT mines - I really should get around to using them. Also had some very weird M16 issues recently - specifically against snipers :S. On three seperate occasions, I've got close to a scoped sniper - certainly less than 50ft in game terms - and opened up. I've gone through a full clip in bursts to drop the b*****d - which is entirely bizarre given the fact that the sniper wasn't moving???

Switch back to the M416 and it's killing frenzy. If fact, I'd go as far to say that that is too powerful for its own good. Protected MCOM B at Port Valdez in that hollow at the start and a team member spotted a Russian up on those pipes to the left. Two quick bursts and I dropped him - from a stupidly long range.

I have got into the habit of apologising in-game for BS kills - sometimes its just silly the range and accuracy that you seem to get.

Also started using the tracer dart for my team - though few of them seem to react and utilise it. :( I NEVER use it in combo with the engineer AT weapon myself, but as every other fucker uses it against me in a tank, I might as well return the favour! :cool: I'm mainly assault these days anyway. I do find the tracer dart really, really easy to use - even against helos. I got the 100 vehicle marker achievement in just over a week. Against slow movers like tanks, it really takes hardly any skill to get those 30 points for marking the target.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, I'm usually Assault, too. Got close to 6000 kills now, and my K/D ratio is 1.04 which is the best it's been for a while.

Played for over 215 hours, too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I'm usually Assault, too. Got close to 6000 kills now, and my K/D ratio is 1.04 which is the best it's been for a while.

Played for over 215 hours, too.

Ah, you're still a fair bit ahead of me then! :)

BC2stats-2.jpg

Got quite a few Bronze Awards on the horizon - they should all help me to rank up. Most of those TK's I've scored have been where I've demolished the building containing an MCOM station using a tank or UAV and one of my guys are already in there. :eek:

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Scutchio.png

I got the Gold Star on the Carl Gustav last night, too. Been Platinum on the M16 SA for quite some time.

Fiesta ST-2
fiestec.png

Might get back into this, don't like BO at all.
My win ratio on this is pretty poor though even though I finish top 3 most of the time. Teamwork is needed on this game to win and if your on a crap team it just aint gonna happen.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
fiestec.png

Might get back into this, don't like BO at all.
My win ratio on this is pretty poor though even though I finish top 3 most of the time. Teamwork is needed on this game to win and if your on a crap team it just aint gonna happen.

True. Or sometimes they wake up and realise that respawning as an engineer is much better than recon again and again, when the enemy is hurling vehicles into the mix. Some of the best games I've had have been where I can see two or three green markers on the mini-map and your squad-mates are keeping close. It's quite funny to see the difference in firing dynamic as well when your squad-mates realise that you've just chucked an ammo bag at their feet. Even AT rounds are fired in rapid succession as they no longer have to worry about the ammo count. More lead up range gives the enemy more things to think/worry about! ;)

D.

Fiesta ST-2
Yeah I always change class based on what the enemies doing and what classes are on my team. It gets really annoying when the same enemy tank is still causing mayhem 2-3 M-COM stations down the line! WTH!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Some good stats there, Scutch! Particularly impressive is the M24 accuracy. I'd stick with that for a while, if I were you. :)

BC2Scutch.jpg

D.

How did you get that, mate? Just highlights how many weapons I've rarely used, if at all. Hmm, might have to look into that.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got my 500 vehicle destroys pin. Couple of tank kills on Laguna Presa :cool:

Nice one m8. :) I've started going through the 'easy points' of Bronze Stars - including the 2 more kills for the MG3 Bronze Award and two more with the UAV to get Gold Star x2 (iirc?).

I think I'll have to try other engineer AT stuff. Like I said previously, I've hardly used the AT mines at all, or the AT4 or the CG. I've pretty much exclusively used the RPG-7 since day one.

D.

1.8 Civic EX
just started playing this again after bit of a break, glad to see it's still full of people sniping from miles away with shotguns lol. Only played a few Conquest games and each one i got put on a side that was basically raped in the HQ cos none of them were good enough to get out and take control of any points....slightly frustrating. Hopefully i'll get on a side with some decent players soon...

Like the site you posted up darren, looks like i'm doing a bit better than i originally thought...

http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/rhino16v

360_Rhino16v.png

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Don't think it's the Vietnam pack, yet, mate. Just a patch in preparation for it.

Today's PC patch is a whopping 2.5GB. In it the following are fixed:

* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
* Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display
* Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work
* Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.
* Added the server info to the objectives screen.

On Xbox 360 the fix-list is much longer:

* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
* Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
* Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
* Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
* Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
* Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
* Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
* Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
* Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
* Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
* Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
* Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
* Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
* Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
* Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
* Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

The PS3 version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has already been patched.

1.8 Civic EX
O RLY! f**kers lol why call it "BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer Update" ? got my hopes up then!

still no mention of fixing the rediculous range the shotguns have though...booo!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
O RLY! f**kers lol why call it "BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer Update" ? got my hopes up then!

still no mention of fixing the rediculous range the shotguns have though...booo!

The Vietnam pack costs a few coins, too.

The new maps coming out won't though, if you're a VIPer.