ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petty's 182 Proooooject!

Clio 182
hi guys!

Bought myself a clio 182 recently, car number 10 for me in 3 years of driving. Needed a cheaper car to run/maintain so sold my stage 2 astra vxr :( , popped round the corner and picked up this lil beauty! so the spec is as follows:

65k on the clocks
100% standard apart from a scorpion exhaust with decat pipe fitted. (loud)

First things first was to get the bodywork sorted. I knocked £500 off the asking price because the bonnet had a few dings in and the font bumper was severly stone chipped.
While i was getting this done i thought id get the headlight washer jets removed and smoothed over. Got the car back, then de-wipered the rear, fitted my cliosport sticker and tax disc holder :D . Car had the typical rear exhaust mount issue so ordered new mounts, reinforced with tiger seal and straightened her up. Oh and i wrapped my silver trims inside the car and renault diamonds in carbon.

Future plans
Lower 35/40 mm - most likely eibach springs and some form of uprated shocks??
Speedline turinis in anthracite
Matched inlets
V6 airbox or similar breathing mod?
Remap.

There is talk amongst my friends of going to the ring in september, so watch this space!

Pictures:

The old whip.

IMG_0820.jpg

e1ba1527.jpg

602cab51.jpg

d7ad449e.jpg

3f273f77.jpg

Arctic 182, GTD
Silly question but don't these have Xenons? Because if they don't have washers for the headlights it'll be a MOT failure soon enough. But looks clean mate! I got a arctic as well such a nice colour when clean! Dunno what wax you use but I go for the black hole and nattys blue combo.

They do yep, that one looks interesting as there's no holes or blanks at all, so the bumper has been sprayed at some point!

Nice project though, and in terms of dampers people say you can't go wrong with Koni dampers, I think they've even cheaper than OEM from Renault too!

Blanks were on the cups that didn't have Xenons I believe :) Pretty sure Trophy's dont have Xenons either as standard?

ahh, you learn something every day :) interesting because i like renault sport clios :)

but more to the point claim it didnt come with washers.... (not that most MOT testers would know if the car came with them...)

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah Trophys have blanks too. Tbh as has been mentioned the majority of not testers aren't going to know/bother about the whole washers/xenon thing.

Clio 182
Dunno what wax you use but I go for the black hole and nattys blue combo.

What wax is that dude? need some good stuff to give the fresh paint as much protection as possible, spent all day on it with the autoglym aqua wax in the rain, dammm that stuff smells good! haha

They do yep, that one looks interesting as there's no holes or blanks at all, so the bumper has been sprayed at some point!

Yeah i got the washers smoothed over on the weekend ;)

Omg! I thought I was bad lol :(

Yeah quite an array of cars. 2 classic minis, Mk1 golf, 6n2 polo GTI, 2 106 rally s2's, 9n polo TDI, Corsa C, Stage 2 vxr and now the clio. Let me know if anyone wants any pics, none of them were standard ha.

Yeah Trophys have blanks too. Tbh as has been mentioned the majority of not testers aren't going to know/bother about the whole washers/xenon thing.

Yeah thats what i thought, and i know quite a few testers, if you get my drift!

Sport badge is in the wrong place too. Otherwise nice car!

It is? :S

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah it should be under the Renault badge. Although its in the right place for the name of this forum...

Arctic 182, GTD
It's made my poor boys mate, I usually give mine a good wash, then clay, then black hole sealant, then nattys blue at the end. I did a write up once in Clio media after a long ass day of cleaning and came out good I thought. Not a lot of people rate arctic as a colour but I love it when clean hence I bought one :) And I no you not bothered but if it has xenons you need washers, but if you no a tester your fine ;)

Clio 182
MINOR UPDATE

Just ordered a few lil things :

3/4 sized front plate
skoda fabia splitter as mine is non existant.
type r ariel

looking for a set of Eibach springs but if none pop up i will just buy new. Hope the 40mm drop is adequate. Also I'm in love with 2118s so gonna save for a set. :)
Hopefully parts will be here by the weekend so will get some pics up.

Arctic 182, GTD
Plans sound good bud! Will be looking same as mine when both done! Lol I tried apex springs, great drop/ look, handle wise is alright in my opinion. But gonna go for spax coilies. Did you try the poorboys??

Clio 182
Plans sound good bud! Will be looking same as mine when both done! Lol I tried apex springs, great drop/ look, handle wise is alright in my opinion. But gonna go for spax coilies. Did you try the poorboys??

Been meaning to order a few bits for a while now so im glad ive finally pulled my finger out. :lolup:
how would you rate the apex springs? heard mixed reviews. are they 40mm drop?

Spaz coilies would be sweet but a bit out of my price range atm.

Got the poorboys on my ebay watching list
;)

Arctic 182, GTD
Been meaning to order a few bits for a while now so im glad ive finally pulled my finger out. :lolup:
how would you rate the apex springs? heard mixed reviews. are they 40mm drop?

Spaz coilies would be sweet but a bit out of my price range atm.

Got the poorboys on my ebay watching list
;)

Haha yeah I no what you mean mate. Tbh I find them alright, good drop and handles well, are slightly bumpy but not overally bothered. Yeah that's what I'm think it's either the spax or the H&Rs. You gotta get some such a good product, mines over due a clean so I'll do it one night after work and post some pics.

Clio 182
UPDATE!

Finally got round to fitting my plates, aeriel and splitter. Has made such a big difference to the front end and I've re-found some love for the car.
Also while the car was in the air i took the fogs out. Will eventually fit some ducting to a v6 air box or similar. Photos to follow:

f6299208.jpg

53cbd924.jpg

The arch gap is depressing so next on the list is springs. Would like Eibachs as they were great on the VXR but they just don't go low enough for my likings so Apex it is.

Does anyone know what the difference is between cup shocks/struts and normal?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Apart from the bolt spacing (on the hub) I think the cup shocks are just a little bit stiffer.

Phase 2 172 Sport
Ian I will have in the next few days a set of Eibach Sportlines for sale !! Drop me a PM mate if your interested !!

Clio 182
Apart from the bolt spacing (on the hub) I think the cup shocks are just a little bit stiffer.
Ah thanks for the info! :)

Ian I will have in the next few days a set of Eibach Sportlines for sale !! Drop me a PM mate if your interested !!
Ill see how my finances are, just bought a lads holiday for 5 weeks time so need to be a tight ass for a bit :dapprove:

Why not try some KTR Coilovers?
Probs a bit out of my budget i expect? only want cheap lows.

Clio 182
Got round to sorting out the headlights today following a guide on here. Massive improvement compared to how they were. The pas angers side could do with being replaced tho but I'm not so bothered atm. Pics:

91105b4a.jpg

a48b155b.jpg

1f5e4fa9.jpg

Tomorrow I'm planning on giving the car a full detail; Wash, clay, cleanser, polish and finally finish with some new g3 wax i bought yesterday.
Also i plan on tacking the muck in the bay:

6f42f55a.jpg

Clio 182
ANOTHER UPDATE!

Well today went horribly! cleaned the car and started to clay it when the heavens opened. :mad:
So thought id put it in the garage which ended up being a huge mistake. To cut a long story short, my foot slipped off the clutch and my freshly painted bonnet now has a big chunk out of it! :dapprove: .

b77780f5.jpg

19760fec.jpg

Going back to the body shop tomorrow for them to have a look. But he said on the phone that he could sort a cheap deal out. After today I've kinda lost interest in the car and the fact I'm going on holiday in 5 weeks means that there won't be much progress for the next 2 months. :cry:

Cheers

Ian

Arctic 182, GTD
Coming along really well mate. You got your springs yet? And did you try the poorboys combo? Arctic FTW!

Clio 182
Coming along really well mate. You got your springs yet? And did you try the poorboys combo? Arctic FTW!

Thanks mate, glad someone likes this thread haha!
Springs and poor boys will be ordered in september. And I've decided on Apex's :) .

Used some G3 wax on the weekend, few cheeky pics:

502a1ab4.jpg

46ee7da6.jpg

e54bafbb.jpg

Clio 182
Ah right klkl. Well if all goes well, my apexs will be up for sale in September ;)

ohh interesting! ;) . Going for coilys?

Shame about the accident but accidents happen, hope you get it sorted.

Car looks great otherwise :)

Just gotta think, s**t happens. could of been worse. Lets just hope its the only accident the 182s involved in :)

Where was the headlight cleaning guide too?

Not sure mate, just put a search in

Arctic 182, GTD
Yeah mate that's the plan, spax hopefully if they come at the right price. I put up a show and shine the other day but pics come out gay tbh lol

Clio 182
UPDATE!

Haven't been on here much recently due to work and other commitments. However a few changes will be made to the car over the next few weeks.

Ordered a Cup spoiler. :) It was damaged in transit but should be an easy enough repair and it needs spraying anyway but was only £78 delivered!

Also refitted the cat as the loud exhaust was getting on my tits! On the lookout for some Turinis too with good tyres as mine are almost shot :) .

Anyway pics:

28E7113E-0068-4E2B-A799-05EE99E9633B-319-0000001251BFCD46.jpg

E7E8A85A-3849-4469-949B-B9F0220003DB-319-000000125D9EA0EA.jpg

Arctic 182, GTD
Haven't been on here in ages, and wondered how your car was coming along. Looks good though mate. Be identical to mine when it's done I reckon lol