ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 itb'd on std ECU, page 13 on

53 Clio's & counting
Really good to meet you matey :D

Next week you can take her for a spin and see what you think, then il be converting yours!

Oh and your Clio - MINT! I cant believe how clean it is, and a really tidy conversion too, proper credit to you!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Black Magic Racing:evil:

For your ITB needs. Chairman, director, chief developer, test-driver and cameraman.
Russ_16v

53 Clio's & counting
Black Magic Racing:evil:

For your ITB needs. Chairman, director, chief developer, test-driver and cameraman.
Russ_16v

Ha lol fingers crossed mate, though www.southwest-autos.co.uk takes up most my time!

Just needs to learn to make coffee quicker ;)

pmsl, i forgot I left your coffee cup in the garage, it had fungus growing in it :dead:

not as quick or as good at me at making tea then :)?

Unfortunately my skills are not as good as yours matey :(

urgh nice. the story is i was starting to fit the manifold, russ whent in to make a coffee, then, by the time he had made it i had the lot completly fitted lol. it was like 90 minutes later!

e91 330d/type r mini
urgh nice. the story is i was starting to fit the manifold, russ whent in to make a coffee, then, by the time he had made it i had the lot completly fitted lol. it was like 90 minutes later!
lol thats some serious time to make a brew. got to be the slowest boiling kettle ever :)

53 Clio's & counting
Ha lol il remember that next time ;)

Sorting out the bonnet this week, and spraying it at the weekend, I need to tidy my garage first though lol

53 Clio's & counting
Unforunately not mate, cant afford it this year as the Clio's just not ready, Iv got a fair few bits to tidy up before I show it too much, like my wheels etc.

Though im at Combe this coming Saturday though :)

I might be tempted to have a few laps!

PH1 172 Sport
Saw the car on Friday after persuading Russ to give up his lunch break! You can see there's been allot of work done to get it running. Its a credit to him and he's proved quite a few people wrong by doing it.

Car looks great as always mate and now sounds awesome!

I've started saving for when you bring out your own T/B conversion kit ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Ha lol, cheers matey!

It will be nice one its finished off,(Though are they ever finished? Mine never will be!) it will be off the road for a little bit again soon as I need to remove a few bits to change a few designs.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Aha! So that's what you've been up to you crafty bugger... ;)

Hat off to you for the work carried out mate (and to Paul for the mapping). Fantastic results and I'm very jealous. :cool: I look forward to seeing the results in the flesh soon.

It was great to catch up earlier on the blower and hopefully we can hook up soon.

Cheers,
Andy

53 Clio's & counting
Was good to have a chat again Andy, we always leave it too long!

Thank you for the kind words, We will have to sort something out, and you can take her for a spin, see what you think!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Unforunately not mate, cant afford it this year as the Clio's just not ready, Iv got a fair few bits to tidy up before I show it too much, like my wheels etc.

Though im at Combe this coming Saturday though :)

I might be tempted to have a few laps!

Looking good like the homebrew nature of it!

Will have to come find you/car.. what stand you on?

Taking mine on track a few times as well got some nice lairy wheels so should be seen :eek:

53 Clio's & counting
With my club BSE motorsport mate, our stand will be behind the food vans, roughly in the middle of the paddock :) (and you need to pop on BSE more too ;))

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Hmm good point, although would prob of got some more track time though if I had done that..

Will pop over once i've been out on the 9.30 session :S far too early!

Mine will be right up by Merlin surrounded by random Fiats and whatever else turns up it's normally an "interesting" stand..

Anyway enough spam in here sorry :eek:

Edit: Another excuse is similar to yours but 3months younger! lol

2.2 bar shed.
Have some photos.

4693779940_94fbd6bd78_b.jpg

4693779938_08a6b39624_b.jpg

2.2 bar shed.
Cheers Sam, good pics! :D

What did you think now you have had a passenger ride? :D

Needs more Rover... :rasp: Vids I took of it have just come out as wind noise. Need to get my GoPro's glued to it at some point.

Needs cams though ;)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Hey mate, missed you today did wander over to your car whilst munching my overpriced burger but didn;t spot you..

You were out on one session the same time as me but didn;t see you on the track..
Typically I messed up recording all my sessions though :eek:

53 Clio's & counting
Needs more Rover... :rasp: Vids I took of it have just come out as wind noise. Need to get my GoPro's glued to it at some point.

Needs cams though ;)

Lol it does need cams......

Hey mate, missed you today did wander over to your car whilst munching my overpriced burger but didn;t spot you..

You were out on one session the same time as me but didn;t see you on the track..
Typically I messed up recording all my sessions though :eek:

Ah was yours the 51 plate i was parked close to in the pits matey? I did give a thumbs up

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ah was yours the 51 plate i was parked close to in the pits matey? I did give a thumbs up

One with the subtle wheels.. yep :cool:

How many sessions did you do?

Did speak to the guy with the Turbo 172 Cup but also saw a silver ph1 and another silver ph2..

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah, you never gave me a wave back :( lol

Only the 1 mate, backs giving me agony so didnt want to push it.

Wasnt great, too much traffic, was only running around a 1 min 28

I thought that cup was going well, that explains why!

I saw the silver ph1, looked very clean!

Spoke to the chap with the 02 reg silver ph2, had been to ktec for matched inlets, cams and decat.

Only got passed by the track 205 with the 3.0 V6 in, and some yellow caterfield thing, passed a few 'faster' cars though, one being a caged 944, and a few big powe r Saabs

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ermm hate to break it too you but that 944 was shocking! ;)

I didn't see you wave :eek:

Was a really quiet day though not as full sessions as normally, they even put the prices down after 3.30pm.. went out 3 times and each time only had that damn MG go past me :rolleyes:

Yeah it was going well but my konis and 888's certainly showed his Vmax's up as even he pointed out!

Cant believe just how much difference some decent tyres and suspension has made though!

Let me know next Trackday BSE organises though! :cool:

53 Clio's & counting
It was mate, he was really slow through the bends, then nailed it on the striaghts, still i was pulling on him on the straights what made me :)

That MG has been going for years, proper quick.

The whole day was a lot more quiet than I was expecting, apart from that session I was in! I wish I had gone in the same lane as you mate, I was stuck right in the middle of all the traffic and spent my laps picking through it all :(

Phase 1 172
if the silver Ph1 was next to a track nova and track 205 then that was mine, and it was filthy, so should have cleaned it now lol

53 Clio's & counting
Now back off the road for a few weeks(Unless I really miss the noise lol), planning on making up a few new brackets, finish off my bonnet, pics will follow :)

Phase 1 172
yep that was mine lol, i was going round in the 205, my session got stopped though :( was running well, and the nova lost 5th and 6th, collosal down the straights but then again, it did have 418bhp and 410lbs torque lol haha

53 Clio's & counting
yep that was mine lol, i was going round in the 205, my session got stopped though :( was running well, and the nova lost 5th and 6th, collosal down the straights but then again, it did have 418bhp and 410lbs torque lol haha

lol well it should shift pretty well with that power!

nothing like a set of open trumpets to get my juices flowing

Lol you and me both ;)