ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 5dr Black-Gold Rxe Mini Project

Ive been waiting to get my rxe for quite a while. My uncles Gf owned the car and ive been waiting for her to get a new car. No pics yet as its dark and the camera doesnt have batterys.
The colour is black-gold and it has non-rs skirts on from the factory. It did have a non-rs spoiler that was from renault and fitted from the factory but some pikeys nicked it when it was parked at a supermarket. It wasnt that desirable but it looked better than the two mounting lugs that are left in its place. It has renault mud flaps which i havent seen before (dont know if they are rare tbh!) and these make the car look lower at the back without be actually lowered :). The wheels are 15" TSW Apex Rs, two are scratched really badly because of the high pavements in York where the prev owner lived.
They are wrapped in Parada Spec 2s which was a nice surprise when i picked it up!
I cant really do performance mods due to insurance but im going to see. Non performance mods dont affect my policy :D (I doubled checked to be sure.)
Changes made so far:
New clio badge + all badges Sprayed white
De stickered back window
Edited CS sticker in the back window

Planned changes:
Dual Optics- Paid for waiting to be delivered
Ph2 Rear lights - " "
Wheels refurbed in white.
15" Sub Installed - Waiting on wires.
6x9s installed in a stealth shelf
Sport Gear Knob
Pressed plates - when i find my reg documents:(
Momo steering wheel

Unplanned changes that will probably happen:
New Exhaust
Sport seats
Lowered 60
Colour coded bumpers + side strips
1.2 Badges
Back window tinted

Pictures will be up tomorrow and I will keep updating this thread as parts arrive next week and get fitted :D

Cheers Marco

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
^^Lol @ guy who has email address as user name.

Anyway... im not even sure what an RXE is?? Lets see some pics.

Been trying to wire the amp and sub in today but I couldnt get the power cable through the hole where the bonnet cable is. Im going to be finishing that with pics.

An Rxe is a 1.6 8v Clio that was top of the range until the RenaultSport versions were made.

The delay on Pics is because when I get home its too dark. It doesnt matter though Ill go and get some now.

Never above 25mpg
Do you have the wooden gearknob?? I always wanted a PH1 in purpleygrey with a wooden gear knob although I think that was the Initiale/Privilege..

I cant get pics tonight theres not enough light. Tried to take some but the flash on my phone isnt sufficient and it wont let me get them on the comp :mad:

I got a pair of sport lights off ebay and 1 doesnt have any mounthing brackets :( I ran out of time to make some so its sat in the bottom drive.

Ian

Focus TDCi
What's the difference between an Si and a RXE then.. just that one is a 5 door? They're both 1.6 8v. I imagine the RSi will have been top of the range. Also weren't the black ph1s Pearl Black, not Black Gold?

Decent project though dude, similar plans to mine by the looks of things.

Rxes came in a 3 door model too but i think they were just a soft version on the RSI. In 1998 when mine was made it was top of the range, as for the colour I dont know what the script is but all i know is when its sunny it looks a browny goldy black.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just looked it up. The RXE is the same as an Si, but has electric and heated mirrors, however the seats are normal not sports seats. Swings and roundabouts by the sound of it.

Can't say for sure about the colour but I think the Pearl Black is 676, even less sure about Black Gold. You'll be able to find it on the B-pillar inside your driver's door either way. :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ah well, not to worry.. I'd just get a second opinion before you go colour coding lol. Are you coming to the Yorkshire/NW meet at Hollingworth lake on the 8th March? Can compare then if you are.

I wont be attending the meet :( I need to get myself on the mailing lists but I dont know how to be bluntly honest.

If thats the case Daniel Ill need to change the thread name! I assumed it was black-gold because of how it looked :S