ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

phase

1996 N Reg Renault Clio rt 1.4
Petrol, met red, Hatchback, 66,000 miles , 3 Doors. power steering,elec mirrors,windows,central locking,sunroof,stereo,colou coded bumpers,tints,alloys,fogs

is this a phase 2 or 3 id prefer it to be phase 2 but that anit gonna change my mind cos its such a minter

cheers

The Jinx

Whats the difference between phases anyone?

Was the valver made in phase 3 guise?

And which do people prefer and why?

Soz about the thread hijack, but I had been meaning to ask these at some point and this seemed relevant. Im looking to get a valver in the new year ysee.

No Valver in Phase3.

Valver/Williams only in Phase1 and 2.

All Phases are like a facelift.. apart from Phase3 which is more of one. Phase1 -> 2 was more sutle changes, like Grill, side strips.. Phase3 had new headlights, high level brake light etc..

I prefer 3 cus I have 3.. heh.

the haynes manuals say that it changed at n cos i was gonna get one but didnt cos of this and the max p one say at phase 3 the rt got bodycloured bumpers

Phase3s, Ive only ever seen P and R regs..

A 96N Valver was one of the last made.

Phase3 came in 1996 when the reg was changed to P..

The Jinx

Thanks guys, and clio_nutter for posting this in the first place and jogging my rather turd memory.

Damn. Wish Id rung that fella up now, rather than hoping itd still be for sale after Chrimbo.

and i think all RTs came with body coloured bumpers. just not coloured wing mirrors. It was the RNs and RLs that werent colour coded.

Quote: Originally posted by DeanRSi on 17 December 2003

and i think all RTs came with body coloured bumpers. just not coloured wing mirrors. It was the RNs and RLs that werent colour coded.
I thought so too.

yeah think its just me thats fudges this stuff up i am hopin that the car is still thier after christmas but ive seen a chanes elyesee(sp) and that went fast and this one and 5/6 other so not the end of the world if it anit still thier

Hmm, You sure its a Phase3? Im pretty sure all Phase3s were P.

Does it have.. a 3rd Brake Light and rounded Headlights?

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 17 December 2003

Hmm, You sure its a Phase3? Im pretty sure all Phase3s were P.

Does it have.. a 3rd Brake Light and rounded Headlights?
Last time I looked it did :D

There are a few Phase3 Mk1 Clios registered on an N-plate (must be very late).

There are also some early Phase1 Mk1 cars on H-plates, usually in a disgusting copper gold colour!

Heh, I remember seeing yours too..

Ok, so from now on, Phase3 is 96 - 98.. no being clever with letters! :D

If its a phase 2 your after, I have one for sale. minter, 1995 M reg. only 53,000. its got everything u mentioned above, 3 door, dark blue, with 15" league alloys (5 spokes), clifford concept 300 alarm/immobiliser, and been lowered 40mm. but still have original alloys and springs too.

Let me know if your interested, prob still have it after xmas.

Absolutely mint, looking for around £2500. took me ages to find a nice one, have now bought a williams.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 17 December 2003

Phase3s, Ive only ever seen P and R regs..

A 96N Valver was one of the last made.

Phase3 came in 1996 when the reg was changed to P..
thats a lie cos mine is an N reg and its a phase 3

Nregs can be either depending on how late it was made cos that was the change of shape year

so we wouldnt be able to tell what phase it was unless we saw it im afraid matey

vix :)