ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request;Standard Valver exhaust

1996 Valver
As above;
Got a powerflow cat back at the mo, with a de-cat, sounds awesome and may even give a few extra horses.........but I'm getting old 19 (lol)....and fell like a standard exhaust;
Just wanted some picks of the tailpipe, also if any one knows any prices of back box and center section that would be good.
Ta

16v-rear.jpg

16v-rear2.jpg

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
how loud does the de-cat make it, thinking on one for my own, i too have powerflow cat back system, but can't be bothered with a REALLY loud exhaust, mines pretty loud anyway above 4k

1996 Valver
The de-cat, I think gave me loads of power, especially toque, But it made it really noisy, My advise for a every day car...........keep it as it is!

Will try and make a vid 2moz with the exhaust as it is, before I have the std one fitted in the afternoon.

I had a silenced one on my Williams 3 and it made very little noise difference.

I took it off tho, cus' I wanted a cat.. heh..

Twingo 133
I have a valver on a standard exhaust and de-cat and it didnt really make it much louder its still quiet, just sounds alot more raspy which is good.

Have you heard a magnex exhaust on a valver? They're not very loud really, just a little bit burbly at tickover and don't 'shout' under acceleration, just growl a bit louder LoL

Plus, when you're on part throttle and cruising on the motorway (especially when just zipping along at the point where the power comes in at 5k) it is quiet so you barely notice it :)

I wasn't convinced but now I've got it I'm not sure I'd want to go back to standard (though standard is good for stealth :evil: ;) )

320d
A powerflow system is a loud system compared to the likes of the magnex

I've got decat and full magnex which is the quietest set up for a full system

If you've got a powerflow then i wouldn't worry about the extra noise the decat will bring as it'll be so minimal

At full chatter my engine produces enough noise to totally mask to the exhaust at least from inside the cabin

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
I have a powerflow system, it was pretty quiet, but put the decat on and it's quite loud!

Williams 2
I agree with Rich_16v, I've got the full Magnex system on my valver with the de-cat, and from inside the car it's not to load for general use, though you notice it a bit more on the motorway. Thought about changing to a Mongoose system, but depends how load this is:dapprove: