ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my 172'd Valver...... (About time! lol)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Here we are ladies and gents.

The product of lots of money/time/late nights/swearing/throwing various toys out of the pram.

1992 Clio 16v Shell.

36,000 mile 172 doner car which donated the following...
Engine
Gearbox
Clutch
Driveshafts
Hubs
Bottom Arms
Brakes
Radiator
Manifold
15" Oz F1's

Williams Subframe and steering rack (Converted to manual)

Still a lot of work to do including:
Buy and fit new WilliamsCoilovers (so the driveshafts aren't bent in half!)
Buy and fit a passenger seat
Fit my Oil Cooler
Buy and fit some Harnesses
Fit my Cage (Possibly. Its a K-tec show cage and i'm undecided at the minute)
Fit my newly powder coated Silver Oz F1s and new T1r tyres (The wheels in the pics are going on my 172)

Anyway, pics....

SS854778.jpg

SS854789.jpg

SS854788.jpg

SS854787.jpg

SS854786.jpg

SS854785.jpg

SS854784.jpg

SS854783.jpg

SS854782.jpg

SS854781.jpg

(MASSIVE MASSIVE THANKS TO Whiteley AND f0xy, ABSOLUTE LEGENDS THE PAIR OF THEM! :D)

Last edited:
Get that carbon canistor pipe blocked off and sack the pipe you have connected to it off ;)

Looking good!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
nice mate :)

Got a lovely omp record 2 seat there if you're interested ;-)

Also, i need that sticker in the back window for my rallye haha

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
no to the show cage, sell it to some muppet, save up and get a proper one....
phase 2 rear boot trim and lights

swap shell for my phase 1 or just sell to me

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get that carbon canistor pipe blocked off and sack the pipe you have connected to it off ;)

Looking good!

We did, but it idled at about 4000rpm?! :S

Shdany light on that dude?

I tapped a thread into the end of the metal fitment and screwed an M6 bolt in with sealant to fully seal it off...never had a prob after that! If there is a small leak it will usually do its high idle crap, make sure its fully sealed!

th_IMG_1649.jpg
th_IMG_1662.jpg

BMW M5 & E36
About time indeedy!

Have you got the rev counter working? What's it revving to? Beanie's old ECU Clinic'd ECU isn't it which we never determined what map it had on it!

BG 182 FF
looks great when you have all the other various bits done will be awesome. The sticker in the 2nd pic is quality.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks wicked Dan! Can't wait to have a look at it :) Jealous of the silver wheels you've got coming, love the o.z f1's in silver atm!

Bet it shifts some? Or is it being run in for a while????

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Looks wicked Dan! Can't wait to have a look at it :) Jealous of the silver wheels you've got coming, love the o.z f1's in silver atm!

Run in, its on 36k FFS.

JDM Dc2
nice filter, jords old one i take it lol

love that seat too, looks nice n' tight and deep ;)

bet it pulls really well too if jords and chris' are anything to go by!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Good work Dan!

You gonna strip it properly or is it for day to day running?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
About time indeedy!

Have you got the rev counter working? What's it revving to? Beanie's old ECU Clinic'd ECU isn't it which we never determined what map it had on it!

Not got the Rev counter working yet. Its on the list of to-do's! Everywhere is covered in ice at the minute so not had a chance to give it beans and see whats what! lol.

Its got crappy knackered GAZ 16v shocks on at the minute. They are bottomed out and as such I have about -10 degrees of camber. This is making the nearside driveshaft clunk in the gearbox and so i've not driven it above 40mph.

nice filter, jords old one i take it lol

No its the Air filter that came with the 16v car when I bought it. Its off a TVR! :D

Good work Dan!

You gonna strip it properly or is it for day to day running?

It will eventually get completely stripped and painted in the original colour inside. Its a track car as tbh the combination of the deepest seat in the world, a very low car and a 13 stone fat bloke means its a bit of work getting in and out! Only been driving it 2 days and its getting on my tits lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its got crappy knackered GAZ 16v shocks on at the minute. They are bottomed out and as such I have about -10 degrees of camber. This is making the nearside driveshaft clunk in the gearbox and so i've not driven it above 40mph.

Ah man that sucks, when's the new susp arriving???? Was gonna say I bet that seat is driving you crazy, looks very impractical!

Oh and whats with the green rims on the wheels? Wheel tape?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice, alot better than I was expecting :approve:

Whats that supposed to mean?! lol

Ah man that sucks, when's the new susp arriving???? Was gonna say I bet that seat is driving you crazy, looks very impractical!

Oh and whats with the green rims on the wheels? Wheel tape?

Haven't even ordered suspension yet. Need to sell some cars first. Bank balance has taken a beating this last month.

The wheels were painted gloss black, then the green lip, then laquered.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Whats that supposed to mean?! lol

Haven't even ordered suspension yet. Need to sell some cars first. Bank balance has taken a beating this last month.

The wheels were painted gloss black, then the green lip, then laquered.

Get that suspension sorted ;)

Bet you can't wait to drive it properly :)