ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pioneer Avic N1

Hi,

Im nearly reaching into my pocket to buy on of these units.
I want a nice touch screen, dvd/mp3 and sat nav.

Now ill be buying it from america which means that the maps will be usa/canada etc etc.
Am i correct in thinking that I can just buy the correct europe dvd to get the uk maps?

Its much cheaper doing it this way, even after purchasing the Europe DVD .

Will i encounter any other problem? fitting etc?

Thanks in advance.

Clio 172 Ph2

Just make sure the radio works in this country, I believe the TMC signals use the FM band. Also, I dont suppose the US model will do RDS, EON, Traffic Info etc. I had an Alpine 9815 from the states and it didnt do any of that - they just dont have / use it over there.

The units also use XM satallite radio rather than DAB for digital broadcasts.

The DVD player will also be region 1 so you wont be able to play any video discs from other regions - unless it can be hacked to region free of course.

Mate Ive got a Pioneer AVIC system at home, fully boxed, DVD / sat nav / CD / separate screen that I came into at work and dont really fancy fitting in my 172. Think its an 8000 model if that sounds right?

Would you be interested in a discounted sale instead?

Ill try and take some snaps / find out exactly what it is tonight...

radio wont really work, only for odd stations, no rds, if you buy dab tuner it will work no probs but of course its not internal.

i have not as yet found a way to hack the region coding, not fussed about that myself just wich i could sort the radio!

want a dab tuner but they just so much money!!!