ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

post pics of your ph2 172/182 wannabies please

as above, just wanna see how they all look, and to what degree people have gone to, ie just rear bumper and aftermarket side skirts or all the way with the full kit.

also, could you put all in all prices incl everything from spraying, to parts, to fitting.

thanks

jamie

CLS, RS MEG
DSC00121.gif

DSC00116.jpg

myspace.gif

aaa-1.gif

Aesthetically flippin everything. Minus clocks, rear discs and running gear. Didnt cost anything as most of it was on when i bought it. I put xenon lights on £200ish, grille £100, cup splitter £65 and erm... renault air refresher which was free from RWS :)

Looking for a MK1 172 now, so this is up for sale when i get one.

Last edited:
what litre engine is it rob? looks amazing, real look alike!! how much du think it would be up for?

jamie

1.2 Clio RL 172/182 Fake
mine isnt a PH2 but does this count??

Still needs finished by the way lol

dscf1040ca8.jpg

dscf1042gg4.jpg

200610140004kh7.jpg

cimg1990fn2.jpg

172 front bumper £50
172 Front Wings and Skirts £150
182 Rear Bumper £16
172 Rear Spoiler £25
due for respray after christmas and is costing £800

1.2 Clio RL 172/182 Fake
going for something slightly different

Respray in Arctic Blue
and the rims are going Anthracite apart from the O.Z stickers....they are being sprayed over and then removed to reveal a silver O.Z

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
front bumper £150
rear bumper £80
side skirts and arches £180
spoiler £50
splitter £50
frill£40
fogs £40

0250.jpg

0253.jpg

Photo-0090Medium.jpg

1.2 Clio RL 172/182 Fake
^^^ looks well how much did you get charged for the exhaust??

im looking at £150 for fitting since the wheel well has to come away :(

E60 diesel powah
DSC08811.jpg

DSC08812.jpg

DSC08522.jpg

DSC08525.jpg

mine

Front bumper - £80
Back Bumper and side mouldings - £120
Wheels - £150
Xenons £250
Side Skirts £70
FKs - £200

RB 197 fatty
^^^ looks well how much did you get charged for the exhaust??

im looking at £150 for fitting since the wheel well has to come away :(

erm its not actually a 182 exhaust. its a replica from K-Tec. cost about £300 but cost me nothing to get fitted coz a mate did it for me.

This one also goes around the spare wheel so you dont loose that! worth thinking about i think mate.

Clio Mk 3 16v
Yeah, thx to NORMY, ive just purchased my new exhaust today, same as his, costly but im hoping it will be worth it. Got my car booked in for full colourcoding as well, so an expensive month for me.

I looked at gettin some 182 bumpers, but dint fancy having to the the wings etc as the arches buklge out more on a 182 model.

Its up to you how much u wanna spend, and how far u wanna go!

Scott

Chocolate Bar™
lol amen^ dont see the point in spending all that money making a car look like something its not, specially when adding insurance premiums etc, you could get a real one. I know with my insurance premiums it put the price of my old car up substantially, and i worked out it'd only cost me a couple of hundred more to insure a real one, hence why i bought one. Saying that, i did love the 172 rear bumper on my old car ;)

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
DSC00941.jpg

here's mine,
grille - 45
wheels - 200
side badges - 15
bein quite sexy - pricless! lol lol lol

Chocolate Bar™
^ with me thats where i'd leave it with the 172 bits, just get the sod colour coded ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
To all those who've already submitted their pics, how much is that bumping your insurance to (obviously those that are declared). Because like Middo says it's only a few pound more to get a 172/182 proper.

What is the difference? - Sorry, just curious.

Donny

Turbos.
If you're a 17/18 year old then getting a 172 isn't even an option, certainly isn't a matter of a 'few hundred quid.' You'd have to be 21 at least... with a good driving record.

So i'm all for it, as long as people don't put on 2.0 badges.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
ive just turned 18 so 172 is a few years away :)

and not got 2.0 badges got mine all smoothed over so will look dif and is still far from complete :D

CLS, RS MEG
Quote on 1.2 16v @ 19 was £770 f/c. All mods declared = £855. Mk2 172 = £3350 f/c. Apart from what I have included, the modifications cost me nothing as car was purchased modified. I've had the car nearly 2 years, so I’ve saved £2495 in the first year, and probably another £2000 this year. Add to that cost inexperience male driving 170-break hatch at that age. I beckon it quite a saving.

1.2 Clio RL 172/182 Fake
Quote on 1.2 16v @ 19 was £770 f/c. All mods declared = £855. Mk2 172 = £3350 f/c. Apart from what I have included, the modifications cost me nothing as car was purchased modified. I've had the car nearly 2 years, so I’ve saved £2495 in the first year, and probably another £2000 this year. Add to that cost inexperience male driving 170-break hatch at that age. I beckon it quite a saving.

i wish we had it soo good over here...im 20 and Getting quoted £1500 for my 1.2 8v clio with all mods declaired with Adrian Flux

Maz

LY 200
If you're a 17/18 year old then getting a 172 isn't even an option, certainly isn't a matter of a 'few hundred quid.' You'd have to be 21 at least... with a good driving record.

My cousin struggled to get insurance under £2k for a 182 at 22 but he has only just passed his test.. its crazy

Not suprised the young ones take this route tbh, anyone who knows anything about RS's would tell from the sunroofs thats one of the thing that makes Robs look different to a 172 :D

www.renparts.co.uk
My car.... Its not got a mint condition 182 interior, And Xenons as well now just not had chance to take any pics since :)

asda8.jpg

asda5.jpg

asda4.jpg

asda3.jpg

asda2.jpg

asda1.jpg

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
My Ins With My 5 Points And Mods Declared Is 385 F/c! Thats Quite Good, But I Am 23. Plus If I Had A 172 I'd Crash It! Defo Cuz I Enjoy Drivin! Lol ;-). P.s Middo Its Comin, Gettin All The Bits Done Soon Enough. :)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
lol amen^ dont see the point in spending all that money making a car look like something its not, specially when adding insurance premiums etc, you could get a real one. I know with my insurance premiums it put the price of my old car up substantially, and i worked out it'd only cost me a couple of hundred more to insure a real one, hence why i bought one. Saying that, i did love the 172 rear bumper on my old car ;)

you soon changed your tune.
your old car was far from standard!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Finally someone speaking sense, not like when anyone asks about modifying a 1.2/1.4 etc, and everyone just says save and buy a better car where most the time its not possible to do.

fiesta 1.25
yeh ! totally agree it is worth it to do if your my age (18) as my brother did it to his 1.2 dynamiqe £4000 moded! 172 would be atleast 2 grand more and insurance is about £1100 on his 1.2 and would be like £5000 for a 172 £3000 as a named driver.Now ive been driving a year and im going on my mums insurance i will be gettting a 172 but he has abit to wait.joshydee that is impressive mate even a cup spoiler and splitter! Looks great! although i think you may need spacers i cnt reli tell.

www.renparts.co.uk
yeh ! totally agree it is worth it to do if your my age (18) as my brother did it to his 1.2 dynamiqe £4000 moded! 172 would be atleast 2 grand more and insurance is about £1100 on his 1.2 and would be like £5000 for a 172 £3000 as a named driver.Now ive been driving a year and im going on my mums insurance i will be gettting a 172 but he has abit to wait.joshydee that is impressive mate even a cup spoiler and splitter! Looks great! although i think you may need spacers i cnt reli tell.

Eibach hubcentric spacers..... Looks exactly same spacing as the genuine article....

thanks for all the replies guys, looking really good, really like them. Immi you know i love that car, still not sure on the green though!

my only prob is that mine is a light blue so i cant swap parts over from a sport model directly, they all need painting first which is a bummer. defo wanna get a 172 rear bumper on now, should eventually look like D4aves car, which i think i like the best!!

jamie

RB 197 fatty
oh not again!

stop trying to tell me i can afford a real 182........I CANT :(

its cost me £610 to change it from standard, thats it! exhaust, wheels and badges sprayed silver.

put an extra £250 on my insurance. for which is now £1400. that 0 NCB and im 20.

most people wont even quote me on a 182, and the cheapst so far is £3200!!!

not just yet, but maybe give me a year or two ay! untill then, im a wannabe im afraid....

....not one who thinks, or wants others to think im in a 2 litre! just like the looks!

....just a happy wannabe! ;)

gen 7 celica
P1000570.gif

P1000573.gif

£129 rear bumper £160 side skirts £70 grille painting £500 approx. Im 20 with 1 years no claims and 3 points and costs me £700
a year with adrian flux. For an unmodded 172 insurance is £1800 approx for me. Dont really care that its a 1.2 16v its my first car
and i love modifiying it. Gonna wait till i can afford insurance on a dc5 before i upgrade :)