ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Does it matter where you buy red tools re warranty etc? Got my last bits from toolstation but the new gen 3 drill and impact set have just dropped on eBay. There’s only two listings. Was going to go with mj plastics and plumbing.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I thought they had to be an official milwaukee retailer?

You won't get the extended warranty if you provide an invoice from eBay if it's just a random seller on there.
Nah if it's just a random seller then you won't

But most shops like Toolstation, FFS, PTM etc are all covered iirc. My impact gun was all fine and dandy when it needed repairing

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

You won't get the extended warranty if you provide an invoice from eBay if it's just a random seller on there.

But most shops like Toolstation, FFS, PTM etc are all covered iirc. My impact gun was all fine and dandy when it needed repairing

Yeah, have to be careful ordering off ebay.

I know they're not covered from Amazon.

Always stick to official retailers.

Megane 250
Bought a milwaukee drill and driver set about 2 weeks ago, then had a stubborn bolt so went and bought the impact wrench and also the impact socket set.

Very pleased so far. Couldn’t believe the power from the impact wrench.
65ea06f3a08fc048e178516343ad6124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio

Yeah, have to be careful ordering off ebay.

I know they're not covered from Amazon.

Always stick to official retailers.

oops, they’re on the way now.

Edit.. it’s all good.
D8E1662E-243D-4B40-85EA-50B12C78F2F1.png

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Torque the draw bar to 35nm, same runout every time 😃. I also did a quick test with an iscar 40mm facemill. Still trying to dial the head angles and the vice though, needs some sort of 0.01-0.02 sheet shims as I have seen in a cnc video dialing in a 4th axis, as there is some slight wear in the vice and table. With the good runout I'm hoping for 0.01-0.02 tolerance on my parts once every things dialed in!

Somehow Its nearly gained 500 views in under an hour o_O

View attachment 1628568

I should probably make a dedicated thread at this point. The vice was very flat, just slightly dinged here and there. However, the detachable jaws to the vice were way out, 50 micron bowed in the middle on one and the other 30, I have dropped them off to be ground flat today.

After fitting a couple 1 thou shims to the bottom of the vice, its pretty much as good as Ill need it for. I wont be using it much, but it is needed.

After the jaws are back I can get to fitting the linear scales as I need some small alloy brackets made, then just to tap the side of the mill for the scales and readout.

I'm so close to having everything fully setup, I managed to locate a follow rest for my lathe as well, so now I have both the follow and the steady.

Feel a bit lost as its taken so long. I've have had so many hiccups, most not my fault, I sometimes lose meaning as to why I even do this. But I try to see the bigger picture and its worth every bit of struggle.

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Anyone got one of those deep cut Milwaukee M18 Fuel portable bandsaws? About to pull the trigger on one of these, If so,what are the noise levels like? I'm looking to buy one to cut 2-5mm mild steel channels and box sections and looking for something quieter than my angle grinder.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got one of those deep cut Milwaukee M18 Fuel portable bandsaws? About to pull the trigger on one of these, If so,what are the noise levels like? I'm looking to buy one to cut 2-5mm mild steel channels and box sections and looking for something quieter than my angle grinder.
No but they look epic and in the video's I've watched at least seem quieter than an angle grinder with cutting disk.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
No but they look epic and in the video's I've watched at least seem quieter than an angle grinder with cutting disk.
Yeah man! Do a fair few welding/metal work projects in the garage at home and have always been a bit conscientiousness about noise levels, so looking for something quieter than the grinder. Might just get one anyway, more tools are never a bad thing.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd treat myself to the new milwaukee plunge saw to force me into making more stuff as I love it.

Comes in the xl packout box which is ridiculous but feels right at home in it and too much packout is never enough

First impressions are wow, quality is absolutely mint. Lots of really functional parts that feel absolutely solid.

Got some evolution rails because they were £78 compared to the £240 milwaukee charge

20230210_173154.jpg
20230210_173340.jpg
20230210_173346.jpg
20230210_173352.jpg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I had that before with something from there, I think it was headlight cleaning fluid. Absolutely no issues shipping to my address, but when I tried to order some to my mum's address it came up with that. Try putting your work address or something, or just ring them and tell them their computer system sucks massive hairy balls

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
I had that before with something from there, I think it was headlight cleaning fluid. Absolutely no issues shipping to my address, but when I tried to order some to my mum's address it came up with that. Try putting your work address or something, or just ring them and tell them their computer system sucks massive hairy balls
My work postcode is further in the sticks from where me house is fuckin knobs

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Euro's having a dogshit computer system shocker.

These fuckwits are the largest motor factor in the country, says alot about the competition.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
@Beauvais Motorsport @Paulie031

I've got to cut a large socket in half and extend it to make a very deep 50mm socket. At work on the gash mill we have a rotary table that I can clamp the socket into and get squared up nicely.

I need to reduce the OD of the socket by 2mm ish so I can nicely fit some tube over reduced section before welding. Do you think with rotary table on its side I can cut a nice groove using an end mill?

PS - We don't have a lathe at work and mine is in a million bits in the garage.