ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye get the big Milwaukee gun. They're so powerful they can undo anything. Even undo wagon wheel nuts, bad marriages, unwanted children and cheating on your mrs

20210227_172124.jpg

Ebay have 20% off atm, I messaged @JamesBryan for ideas and I've just spent over £400 in 3 chunks🤦‍♂️😂

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Concrete breakers for garden work, what we saying?

Been looking at these two, unless anyone’s got any good recommendations?

A9877186-6418-4655-8A07-0454CEFCE637.jpeg

This is what needs breaking up! :(

Megane 250
Do you have model numbers?

So much choice, Bluetooth and all sorts of madness [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

View attachment 1529616

That'll need some graft on that. Can't you get a mini digger round the back?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Paving flags/slabs/stone

If its nice stone its worth a decent penny and would probably pay for your breaker😂 I k ow up here in Yorkshire people steal garden walls when stone gets expensive😂😂

Put it this way, I’ve had a skip out the front for almost 10 days, and nothing has been added or taken out of it. There’s three metal drain covers laying in full view too. #SouthernFairies

Why not just say slabs? :LOL: Most are loose, or come up with very little fuss. So I could probably list something locally or on eBay, yeah. That end of the garden hasn’t had any love in about 40 years.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Put it this way, I’ve had a skip out the front for almost 10 days, and nothing has been added or taken out of it. There’s three metal drain covers laying in full view too. #SouthernFairies

Why not just say slabs? :LOL: Most are loose, or come up with very little fuss. So I could probably list something locally or on eBay, yeah. That end of the garden hasn’t had any love in about 40 years.
1. Get those c***s weighed in
2. Get that skip filled, whenever we get one at work I half fill the c**t with my own s**t 😂
3. Get em lifted, chip the mortar off and bang em on Facebook £1-£2 a pop
4. Get a mini digger, Easter is coming up. We're usually cheeky about it, hire it "for the weekend" knowing full well they wont come and collect it on a bank holiday 😂 (Yes my family are that tight/smart)

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

View attachment 1529616

Not that brand but we’ve got an electric one and it’s pretty good smashed up a concrete slab ok.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and I hate to admit but my Grandad has a Makita breaker, he's full Makita wanker down to an electric strimmer and lawnmower 😂

So yes I do borrow his stupid tools and I hate to admit but they're f**king mint 😂

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I need a new impact gun

And I'm drawn to milwaukee... there's a few options though, it'll mostly be used for wheels, suspicion parts and general maintenance, ideally 1/2" drive...

I've got a Clarke one that's a bit s**t and won't undo wheel bolts without cracking them first.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You won’t go far wrong with the milwaukee. They definitely aren’t as solid as the snap on for pro use but I’ll get another one if my snap on 1/2” gun ever dies. If they were the same money I’d get the new snap on one but the price is crazy and no way they’re worth that much more.

I have the 3/8 milwaukee and the battery clips died pretty quick but I’m really hard on my tools. It dropped off my pocket it and the battery doesn’t clip in properly any more.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You won’t go far wrong with the milwaukee. They definitely aren’t as solid as the snap on for pro use but I’ll get another one if my snap on 1/2” gun ever dies. If they were the same money I’d get the new snap on one but the price is crazy and no way they’re worth that much more.

I have the 3/8 milwaukee and the battery clips died pretty quick but I’m really hard on my tools. It dropped off my pocket it and the battery doesn’t clip in properly any more.
Give your head a wobble pal, Snap on stuff is s**t. My Strap on gun couldn't even take head bolts out with a brand new fully charged battery, bag of absolute s**t

I'd say the big Milwaukee would out do most 1/2 air stuff

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Give your head a wobble pal, Snap on stuff is s**t. My Strap on gun couldn't even take head bolts out with a brand new fully charged battery, bag of absolute s**t

I'd say the big Milwaukee would out do most 1/2 air stuff

Yeah, your ‘milwaukee red’ tinted specs are scratched to buggery mate.

The air bit especially, maybe a Lidl one but nothing’s touching air in our garage for outright poke (and I have to use air only prob once a month)

I honestly think my ultimate choice would be the latest Ingersol Rand 1/2” battery gun. Decent quality bit of kit that.

As I say, I have Milwaukee and like it but they’re definitely more fragile feeling than snap on.

The latest snap on gun is a beast. We had one on demo for a bit but it’s quite large.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, your ‘milwaukee red’ tinted specs are scratched to buggery mate.

The air bit especially, maybe a Lidl one but nothing’s touching air in our garage for outright poke (and I have to use air only prob once a month)

I honestly think my ultimate choice would be the latest Ingersol Rand 1/2” battery gun. Decent quality bit of kit that.

As I say, I have Milwaukee and like it but they’re definitely more fragile feeling than snap on.

The latest snap on gun is a beast. We had one on demo for a bit but it’s quite large.
The "Monster impact" Snap-On sell will do 600ftlb undo... Mine struggled to even touch 300ftlb and it was less than 2 years old and had the gearbox and anvil replaced under warranty

My Milwaukee has already undone 550ftlb headbolts on a Perkins with ease. There's no tinted glasses here pal, not my fault you like being bent over and dryfucked by the strap-on guy

P.s. he's not your mate, he ONLY invites you onto the van so you spend stupid amounts of money on mediocre tools 😂

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Woah.

You guys clearly haven't seen this impact gun from Milwaukee have you.

That's got to be better than air guns.

Proper overkill but you see the power!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The "Monster impact" Snap-On sell will do 600ftlb undo... Mine struggled to even touch 300ftlb and it was less than 2 years old and had the gearbox and anvil replaced under warranty

My Milwaukee has already undone 550ftlb headbolts on a Perkins with ease. There's no tinted glasses here pal, not my fault you like being bent over and dryfucked by the strap-on guy

P.s. he's not your mate, he ONLY invites you onto the van so you spend stupid amounts of money on mediocre tools 😂

The steps :ROFLMAO:

the-local-snapon-truck-lol-the-local-snapon-truck-lol-meme-a7ca1d7ebf4dda61-66a4a02bf1304d94.jpg

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

View attachment 1529616

The cheap titan breakers from screwfix will be decent for that. They weight about 20kg though so are quite hard work to use! Actually looking at it, the one I've got is the same as that macallister but badged titan. You cant use them for walls etc horizontally though they're too heavy

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member

My current snap on man hates me haha, no finance with me. I’ve only ever paid outright and unlike everyone else still have my trusty old Mac tool box.

My old neighbour was a snap on dealer and I used to buy stuff off him cash.

Only stuff I really like from them is the gold coloured torx bits and their ratchets and impact sockets. I even bought two T50 torx bits as I used them on my 1/2” gun with a 3/8” reducer to do transit wheel bearing bolts and thought I’d snap one for sure on site. 10 years later I still have two!

I’d happily have a Milwaukee 1/2” for the money but still don’t think it’d last as long as my snap on gun has from an abuse POV.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My current snap on man hates me haha, no finance with me. I’ve only ever paid outright and unlike everyone else still have my trusty old Mac tool box.

My old neighbour was a snap on dealer and I used to buy stuff off him cash.

Only stuff I really like from them is the gold coloured torx bits and their ratchets and impact sockets. I even bought two T50 torx bits as I used them on my 1/2” gun with a 3/8” reducer to do transit wheel bearing bolts and thought I’d snap one for sure on site. 10 years later I still have two!

I’d happily have a Milwaukee 1/2” for the money but still don’t think it’d last as long as my snap on gun has from an abuse POV.
Tbf when I sold my snap on gun it did still work and this is coming from the bloke that snapped a Record vice in half 😂 It's a shame that "worked" and "was really good" are 2 different things though 😂 I've learnt in the past few years I need to look after my body and tools so my expensive stuff all has boots on there and I need to stop dropping it from waist height 😂

I just cannot fathom the need for a £950 impact gun that has half the capacity of its competition, some people have more money than sense. I'd much rather have a DeWalt XR than a Snap-On

As for Snap-On ratchets, my mate Adrian had full rollcab of tackle, went to exchange his broken ratchet "sorry mate the ratchet itself ain't covered by lifetime warranty, just the handle, buy a new ratchet mech for £X"... goes back into his unit, he walks back out of his unit a couple of minutes later having snapped his ratchet in half with a pipe and a vice, passes him it and goes "Can I exchange this please" 😂 😂 😂

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Woah.

You guys clearly haven't seen this impact gun from Milwaukee have you.

That's got to be better than air guns.

Proper overkill but you see the power!

Of course I’ve seen it. But have you used a proper 1” lorry air impact gun with the right compressor behind it? It’d spin the Milwaukee back into the recycled coffee stirrers it’s made from.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bit of an apples to oranges comparison.

The difference between pro consumer tools and professional tools isn’t going to show up unless your using them 24/7.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf when I sold my snap on gun it did still work and this is coming from the bloke that snapped a Record vice in half 😂 It's a shame that "worked" and "was really good" are 2 different things though 😂 I've learnt in the past few years I need to look after my body and tools so my expensive stuff all has boots on there and I need to stop dropping it from waist height 😂

I just cannot fathom the need for a £950 impact gun that has half the capacity of its competition, some people have more money than sense. I'd much rather have a DeWalt XR than a Snap-On

As for Snap-On ratchets, my mate Adrian had full rollcab of tackle, went to exchange his broken ratchet "sorry mate the ratchet itself ain't covered by lifetime warranty, just the handle, buy a new ratchet mech for £X"... goes back into his unit, he walks back out of his unit a couple of minutes later having snapped his ratchet in half with a pipe and a vice, passes him it and goes "Can I exchange this please" 😂 😂 😂

I’m not about to buy one mate. Crazy money. But if I did have the bucks I’d go for the IR one out the lot of them as they’re really high quality

634C8F08-D977-4A51-82FE-83D4EC166D90.png

Have you used the latest Snap on one though? My work mates have the prev model (mine is a really old one) and theirs seem to be unreliable with the batteries being an issue. We had the new one and it’s a beast for power. I’ve had a go with the 3/4” milwaukee which was quite a nice size.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not about to buy one mate. Crazy money. But if I did have the bucks I’d go for the IR one out the lot of them as they’re really high quality

View attachment 1529657

Have you used the latest Snap on one though? My work mates have the prev model (mine is a really old one) and theirs seem to be unreliable with the batteries being an issue. We had the new one and it’s a beast for power. I’ve had a go with the 3/4” milwaukee which was quite a nice size.
Aye my mate has all Snap-On gear because he's lazy, can finance s**t and the guy reverse directly to his unit door. His total bill scares the s**t out of me! I think he said the diagnostic gear he just got was about £5 grand :sick:

Those IR look pretty decent, I'd much rather invest in that than the latest Snap-On

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Aye my mate has all Snap-On gear because he's lazy, can finance s**t and the guy reverse directly to his unit door. His total bill scares the s**t out of me! I think he said the diagnostic gear he just got was about £5 grand :sick:

Those IR look pretty decent, I'd much rather invest in that than the latest Snap-On

Our snap on diagnostic was £11k I think (comes in a roller chest). But it’s just one way to spend some money in a business. It’s pretty crap too IMO. I brought my laptop in with forscan on as the snap on wouldn’t even work properly on a nearly new transit the other day.

Snap on man’s answer was an offer to sell us another make to “compliment” the snap on!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Our snap on diagnostic was £11k I think (comes in a roller chest). But it’s just one way to spend some money in a business. It’s pretty crap too IMO. I brought my laptop in with forscan on as the snap on wouldn’t even work properly on a nearly new transit the other day.

Snap on man’s answer was an offer to sell us another make to “compliment” the snap on!
Aye I had a Solus and it was s**t, some of the keys didn't work and it wouldn't read any Clio's or Lagunas 😂

Sold it for more than I paid for it hough which was decent

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Aye I had a Solus and it was s**t, some of the keys didn't work and it wouldn't read any Clio's or Lagunas 😂

Sold it for more than I paid for it hough which was decent

This thing is just a £200 tablet in a £200 roller cab with a £100 monitor. Gotta be a big earner for them.

Pretty sure it was £11k (I might be talking bs but can’t find prices and even just the little roller cab box is £3k on eBay without the guts!)

I know they want £600 just for the Bluetooth obd connector. Madness.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
This thing is just a £200 tablet in a £200 roller cab with a £100 monitor. Gotta be a big earner for them.

Pretty sure it was £11k (I might be talking bs but can’t find prices and even just the little roller cab box is £3k on eBay without the guts!)

I know they want £600 just for the Bluetooth obd connector. Madness.
Sounds like the same thing my pal has

He stands about most of the day doing f**k all so no idea why he didn't just get CLIP, an Autel and Delphi 😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's payday so can only mean one thing. Another red tool!

*Been looking at one of the high output grinders for a while now. One thing that's always annoying is when I'm welding is if I need to quickly clean up some metal getting the corded grinder out is a faff so this is going to massively help.

Gone for the high output one as after watching shed load of reviews it's significantly better than the smaller one that is more commonly seen. **

Again I've imported this one which came to £177 and its £240 at SGS and PTM.

It takes the sting out of a large purchase when it's under the £200 mark 😂

* poor justification begins
** poor justification ends

Screenshot_20210402_090835_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What is impressive about the battery grinders is how quiet they are vs plug in ones, much nicer to use all day.

I do wish Milwaukee would get on board with the x lock system tho.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've got the slightly older brother of this, except wearing Makita trim - There are drawbacks to them but not many. Power Vs Versatility Vs Ability to last (Still talking battery grinders, honest).