ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Christmas has come early 😀
130CF3E1-DA7B-4697-BA5D-192DF6BA15BA.jpeg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
My m12 jacket came today and wasn’t cold enough to put the heat setting on

I bought one years ago when they first came out, pretty much the best £100 I’ve ever spent as I worked outside. Might even buy another just out of respect for it being such a good idea.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I bought one years ago when they first came out, pretty much the best £100 I’ve ever spent as I worked outside. Might even buy another just out of respect for it being such a good idea.
I can justify getting one now I've got a m12 battery on the way. 6ah may be a bit bulky in the jacket though?

Reactions: Pep
  MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Defo, trying to find the ‘sweet’ spot for my 2ah batt, think I need some Velcro to hold it in place

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Picked one of these up last night - Halfords Advanced 200 Pc Socket and Ratchet Spanner Set.
With the Black Friday discount and my trade card it seemed too good an offer at £220, from £330.
I have a few of their Advance Torque Wrenches, which i've had many years, and have proven very good. So fingers crossed this does the job.
Lots of usuable tools in the box for my Clio Sport so it'll be ideal for taking along to a trackday, instead of lugging a big box of loose spanners around with me.

735757.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Picked one of these up last night - Halfords Advanced 200 Pc Socket and Ratchet Spanner Set.
With the Black Friday discount and my trade card it seemed too good an offer at £220, from £330.
I have a few of their Advance Torque Wrenches, which i've had many years, and have proven very good. So fingers crossed this does the job.
Lots of usuable tools in the box for my Clio Sport so it'll be ideal for taking along to a trackday, instead of lugging a big box of loose spanners around with me.

View attachment 1568779

Good gear that for the money.

I've got the older kit where most of the sockets are 12 point.

These are all 6 point now aren't they?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't want to balance it on your nose 😂
haha nope. I stood at the counter in Halfords after paying for it and the young skinny assistant asked if i'd like help with it. I thought you cheeky bugger, i might be 57 and carrying a bit of extra bark but i'm not done yet. I grabbed it, felt how heavy it was and said "go on then lad, my cars just outside the door" :ROFLMAO:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
haha nope. I stood at the counter in Halfords after paying for it and the young skinny assistant asked if i'd like help with it. I thought you cheeky bugger, i might be 57 and carrying a bit of extra bark but i'm not done yet. I grabbed it, felt how heavy it was and said "go on then lad, my cars just outside the door" :ROFLMAO:
As if you're 57!thought you were about 35

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
It's got some really well thought out bits in there too.

Sockets that go up to 36mm, adapters to turn ratchet spanners into slim ratchets, spline kit, 7mm Allen key, 12mm Allen key.

Overall I'm impressed. No shitty imperial sockets too. View attachment 1568810View attachment 1568811View attachment 1568812View attachment 1568813View attachment 1568814View attachment 1568815
Keep a couple of bungees round the box of its anything like the older ones the hinges f**k up and you scatter a couple hundred sockets and bits all over the f**king place!!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Sockets that go up to 36mm, adapters to turn ratchet spanners into slim ratchets, spline kit, 7mm Allen key, 12mm Allen key.

Overall I'm impressed. No shitty imperial sockets too. View attachment 1568810View attachment 1568811View attachment 1568812View attachment 1568813View attachment 1568814View attachment 1568815

Thats really good, the Halfords Advanced stuff is outstanding considering you can walk into one of their shops and walk right out with it, even on a Sunday.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

35 😂 Stone maybe 🤔

Yeah I was really surprised at the quality. Would’ve maybe liked spanners up to 21mm but can’t complain really.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This arrived today.

Can't wait to try it out later when the Mrs back from work with the car.

20211203_094542.jpg

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Crikey that's what i'd call a luxury item. You either run a motorsport team or you get a lot of slow punctures :ROFLMAO:
It's hard to explain, but since I put my copy replica bullshit CS wheels on the 3 series the valves sit too shallow within the TPS so have to use an angle adapter when at the petrol station when filling up, which means when doing each corner I have to go round screwing it on each time. Which in turn leads to a queue behind and people looking at me like an idiot.
And I hate people.
And the amount of times I've put 36 or 37psi on the air pump and drive off and it's showing 34 on the car, least now I can do it all on the drive.

Yes it's a luxury, but it'll come in handy.
For bike tyres too.
Plus my dad can lend it for doing expansion vessels on boilers.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
It's hard to explain, but since I put my copy replica bullshit CS wheels on the 3 series the valves sit too shallow within the TPS so have to use an angle adapter when at the petrol station when filling up, which means when doing each corner I have to go round screwing it on each time. Which in turn leads to a queue behind and people looking at me like an idiot.
And I hate people.
And the amount of times I've put 36 or 37psi on the air pump and drive off and it's showing 34 on the car, least now I can do it all on the drive.

Yes it's a luxury, but it'll come in handy.
For bike tyres too.
Plus my dad can lend it for doing expansion vessels on boilers.
Ah that makes perfect sense to me.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Stuck all my Milwaukee batteries on charge today on the rapid charger as normal.

The 6ah M12 decided to flash red and green error... b****cks.

Luckily I have an M12 slow charger and it works fine on that.

Heard quite a few stories about the M12's not liking to fast charge sometimes.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Was looking other night and they do a super charger which is even quicker
Mental.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Right then, i know there a load of Milwaukee w*****s in here literally throthing at the thought of a new red tool.

I've always been a DeWalt fan, but after (accidentally) chucking my 8 year old DeWalt drill driver off the 3rd level of an access tower at the weekend i think im going to treat myself to a new one. This has got me looking at the 18v Milwaukee stuff. My kit is pretty much all DeWalt/Snap-On but looking at moving alot of it over to the red stuff if i make the move.

Talk to me, worth it or just stay DeWalt with some fresh batteries and a new cheap DCD996-X-XR which i can buy body only for about £70.
The Milwaukee M18 ONEPD2 FUEL has my attention though.

They do some nice combos with the drill driver/impact wrench and a pair of 5.0mAh batteries.

Talk to me, One key worth it? High output batteries worth it?

Thinking of a combo kit with the drill driver and adding an SDS as i dont have an SDS yet.

Last edited:

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I only have one Milwaukee tool - the M12 FIWF12 Fuel™ 1/2in Friction Ring Impact Wrench. Replaced my old DeWalt and had it a couple of years now. Certainly easy to use, feels nice in the hands and battery seems to last. Torque figures are a bit hairy fairy mind as it's supposed to torque up to 320NM but lucky if it'll do 220NM.

I primarily use it to remove my trackday wheels, but again after a full day on circuit when the bolts are nice and tight, it's not always up to the job.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Right then, i know there a load of Milwaukee w*****s in here literally throthing at the thought of a new red tool.

I've always been a DeWalt fan, but after (accidentally) chucking my 8 year old DeWalt drill driver off the 3rd level of an access tower at the weekend i think im going to treat myself to a new one. This has got me looking at the 18v Milwaukee stuff. My kit is pretty much all DeWalt/Snap-On but looking at moving alot of it over to the red stuff if i make the move.

Talk to me, worth it or just stay DeWalt with some fresh batteries and a new cheap DCD996-X-XR which i can buy body only for about £70.

They do some nice combos with the drill driver/impact wrench and a pair of 5.0mAh batteries.

Thinking of a combo kit with the drill driver and adding an SDS as i dont have an SDS yet.

If I were you I’d go for the m12 range mate. Being a snap on and dewalt man you’d probably hate the 18v battery on a drill.

I’m looking at getting a couple of 18v (high torque 1/2” & mid torque) but I know I’m going to be hating the battery (as I use my work mates 18v impact and the battery dangling off is pretty naff)

If I was just after a drill I’d go m12

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I got this a few months ago and can’t fault it. Both the drill and impact have been spot on. I even bought one of those adaptor sets so I can use the impact on the car and it’s undone every bolt I’ve thrown at it (which granted isn’t many but you get the point). No idea how it differs to the kit you’ve linked.