ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Dogbone - Arghhhhhhh!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL! Shall do.

Apparently the earlier style (yellow) didn't come with washers. Where do they go then? "Bolt side" of the mount on both sides? So one'll be big and one small?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
If you can't source the washers I'll take some pics for you to make an idea of their size

phase 1 flamer 172
i purchased a powerflex dogbone kit for my phase 1 (i believe after joining this site) but i think i have a phas 2 twisted bar kit, anyone confirm or deny, part no PFF 60 211K, thank you

im trying to fit my dogbone mount bushes as I type, but im pretty confused.

How do i get the original bushes out of the metal?

please help, only 30mins of daylight left!!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
LOL get a flashlight and try to press out the metal sleeve that holds the larger bush (I think that's the one causing you problems)
I can't tell you exactly how to do that as I didn't fitted mine but the guy who did the job sorted it out pretty quickly.

ITB'd MK1
I put the bush between the jaws of a vice, supporting the Ali part and hit the bush hard. Can get it out in about 5 hits if you're good like me ;)

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Ok, how long did it take for delivery? im thinking of ordering but want it by the weekend if i do!
Have to say that kamracing delivered a package to me in record braking time. once the package left their door it arrived in ONE day to me. quite impressive for a near 3000 km journey
Keep it up KamR! :approve:

172DD Cup
i went at mine with a drill, just kept drilling holes into the rubber part of the bush until it weakened and i could force it out.

172DD Cup
both bushes got drilled. once i got those out, i got the metal collar out. i used a hacksaw blade to cut through it from the inside at 90 degree angle just down to the mount itself, then i could hammer it in towards the centre and it fell out.

thanks a lot for the advice everyone.

many power tools, a nice vice, and a lot of swearing later I sorted it out! impressed with the outcome too. the car feels far more 'solid' when going hard through the gears and the slight vibration on the idle makes me think im driving a race car :clown:

Mine has big side up and been like it for 4+ years and is fine. I cant see it being sat level with small side up.