ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poweys artic bloo 182

106 GTI
26042009100.jpg

Ghetto style jack ftw
The front was taking the weight on an axle stand

Got the drivers side recaro in today and harness, tomorrow hopefully remove the spacers and fit small washers to lower the seat a touch

106 GTI
01052009102.jpg

06052009108.jpg

Stud conversion coupled with lightweight nuts

06052009106.jpg

Battery box tidy'd up and leads shortened, going to nip a bit more off though
Rear door cards removed
front seat belts removed
sound deadening under the battery box removed

06052009107.jpg

Seats and harnesses in
dash strips blue
momo wheel in
awaiting gearknob insert to return from its carbon dressing

Made a catch tank from a drink bottle, some cotton wool and a few holes lol

106 GTI
Its a 350mm I think but does feel better, I think it helps your not throwing the airbag about

I do want a suede one further down the line

106 GTI
got the studs from pri racing M12x1.5 - 50mm overall length
and the nuts came from america

surprised you didnt go for a race battery tbh. Battery boxes are f**king huge. I'm thinking about getting a race battery and locating it under a seat or something when my OE one dies.

106 GTI
I would of if I didnt have to get a battery at the time as I thought it was dieing.

On the positive side though its a nice ballast over the rear wheels

106 GTI
PM'd

Quite happy with how it handles now next step to get more weight from the front is remove the slam panel
Also I heard theres a ballast weight near one of the engine mounts which I think il remove

106 GTI
I know this wont be to most peoples liking but o well :D

Fitted a trophy spoiler
Pro race 3s
And the graphics, want a few more but not sure what to get, any ideas?

IMG_0005copy.jpg

IMG_0002copy.jpg

IMG_0004copy.jpg

clio 1.2 16v
really like what you done mate. where did u get your towing eye cut down? love the alloys? are they the new pro race 3? where you get hold of them and at what price?

you got anymore palns for it?

:)

106 GTI
Cut the tow eye down myself and welded it back together, managed to get the wheels off ebay for an irresistable price

Not sure whats next tbh perhaps a holiday lol as the cars all iv spent money on lately

clio 1.2 16v
take it you got a good deal then on the alloys. best price i can get is around £500 on a 15". how much did you have to cut off the towing eye?

take a holiday over here, weather spot on. u got plenty of boot space no need for a halfords roof box :) love takin the piss out of them, especially when you work for the fools lol

106 GTI
Think it was about an inch

Suprisingly Theres not that much boot space what with the battery,strut brace and harnesses
Im going to look into getting a plastic tub for storage though

clio 1.2 16v
will have to get ma mate to do that then. think they look a lot better than the ones on the group buy. sounds lik a good idea. i still have the back bench in but the boot has my sub in. so i got a tub from staples or sumwer lik that just to keep it from covering the amp so it doesn't over heat

106 GTI
Big overhaul today

Milltek number 2 fitted, due to the previous one cracking in 2 places

11062009128.jpg

Treated the engine to some Pro S and the gearbox to some fuchs sintofluid
Replaced bottom bushes on both rear shocks

11062009129.jpg

11062009130.jpg

Got in on ktecs group buy for the engine mounts so fitted them, ordered the powerflex dogbone bushes from kamracing.