ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #56; Clio Trophy

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
It's been so hard not to troll you on here for having no car recently, Jon. But you made the right choice by getting everything done.

Was a nice surprise to see it out last night (even though you slipped up a little by text before hand :p)

Just wait for summer now to get the most out of it :)

It's been so hard not to troll you on here for having no car recently, Jon. But you made the right choice by getting everything done.

Was a nice surprise to see it out last night (even though you slipped up a little by text before hand :p)

Just wait for summer now to get the most out of it :)

Cheers mate.

I desperately cannot wait for summer.

Went up to shineorama today as they had an open day. Got to try a few products like Swissvax Shield, Dodo Supernatural Hybrid, Prima Banana Gloss, Prima Amigo and some other bits and bobs. They also let a couple of us use there snow foam and pressure washer to give the cars a clean.

As mine had been sat at birchdown for the past month it needed a good clean, so I jumped at the chance. Could of photo's with Paul's and Fox's 'PH Balanced' Snow foam concoction.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Here's a few bogo pictures of how it looks including the carbon fibre thumb grips and the new looking engine bay :D

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Just want to get the inlet plenum tidied up, and the plastics cleaned and will look pretty good!

Z4
Good looking car there mate, you've done a fine job looking after it, just like you should for a trophy :)

I will blatantly be copying the new style badge position btw lol.

Good looking car there mate, you've done a fine job looking after it, just like you should for a trophy :)

I will blatantly be copying the new style badge position btw lol.

Cheers. I think the new style RS badge looks mint. Much better that the standard style.

Where did you buy yours? The dealers charge a fair bit iirc

I got my sister to buy it me off ebay. Think I saved about £10-£15 on dealer price.

Don't buy a used one as the adhesive will be gone on the back of them.

looks nice trophy, not keen on the thumb grips just look out of place to me

No worries. They're a better sight in the flesh and look much better than a hole in one the the thumbgrips.

Engine bay looks good. You going to paint the top inlet to finish it off?

Yep, I'm either going to find out what Steve and Andy used to do the other bits, or find another colour like black, then possibly polish up the Renault Sport on the top.

Someone suggested I do it the same colour, get an engine colour and do that black to match the rest of the plastics. So I'll have to see what I can do to tidy the rest up.

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah satin Vht paint with the Renaultsport polished would look tidy. I had the exact same work as you've just had done on my ph1 about 4 months ago feels a lot stronger after it.

Yeah satin Vht paint with the Renaultsport polished would look tidy. I had the exact same work as you've just had done on my ph1 about 4 months ago feels a lot stronger after it.

Does feel like a very different car after all the work. I'll probably stick it back on Paul's rollers at RSTuning at some point just for comparisons sake.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Thumb grips look epic, you need a CF renaultsport insert on the wheel and also on the gearstick, then whilst you're at it you may aswell get the dash strips and clock surrounds too.

God I love CF.

The thumb grips feel soooo nice :)

I know! :D

i dont normally go for red cars but after the good clean looks spot on mate
treat it well :p

Cheers pal.

Thumb grips look epic, you need a CF renaultsport insert on the wheel and also on the gearstick, then whilst you're at it you may aswell get the dash strips and clock surrounds too.

God I love CF.

Do you want to give, not lend, me the money for all that?

As much as I would like all that, it would cost me the earth LOL.

Picked up my new splitter this morning from Skoda for £12.67.

Before:
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

This is the box it comes in:

IMG_0712.jpg

VW Group ;)
IMG_0713.jpg

Nice and bent... Thanks :|
IMG_0714.jpg

Jacked up one side of the car to make access a bit easier, old splitter off:
IMG_0715.jpg

New one on:
IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

Needs to be tidied up just a little, maybe move the bolts back in a few places to its looks tidier. Went on alright even though it was freezing. Can't complain for the price of it really.

Also whilst cleaning my boot of of tools, I removed my in-tacked cambelt, and this little lump:
IMG_0720.jpg

Yep, thats part of the aux belt that got wrapped up in something causing the issues I've had.

Giving it a clean tomorrow morning, ready for TOPO tomorrow.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
LOLing at the Aux belt. Cleaned mine this evening, in the dark. Will give it a once over tomorrow. Quite like the skoda splitter tbh.

Cheeky shot of Ed's RB in the background aswell :p

Here's a few pictures I stole from the TOPO meet on sunday. Had an awesome drive over woodhead and the car really did impress me once again.

6864015941_2f2ab57e02_b.jpg

6864017277_da1bb0376d_b.jpg

6863692051_1142e40e1f_b.jpg

6863723781_530abd39df_b.jpg

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Cars looking great Jon, glad you got it all sorted out and back on the road quick!

Sometimes you have a bit of bad luck, but at least its fixed now!

Cheers mate. Everything's pretty much spot on now. Need to check a few things this weekend with Ed though.

Aye, a little bit of bad luck but I shouldn't have to worry about it for at least another year!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Car looked epic when following you home over Woodhead, so glad to see it back on the road and that the rebuild hasn't put you off driving it properly.

Summer WILL be fun.

I'm glad it looked good!

I really cannot wait for summer, like I keep saying. If anything I drive it harder now...

BTW, did it sound loud when you were following or average?