ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers all.

Ali, I think Im gonna get it repainted - to the right colour ;) when I get the sidestrips done and decided from there what to do with it, sometimes I like it sometimes I prefer the silver!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cheers all.

Ali, I think Im gonna get it repainted - to the right colour ;) when I get the sidestrips done and decided from there what to do with it, sometimes I like it sometimes I prefer the silver!

There's 4 shades of Flamered. Good luck! For under the bonnet it wasn't an issue. Problem arose when your pellet of a mate broke the cover off the oil bit and then the colour was different on that too!

In hindsight i wish i'd just detailed my engine bay and left it lookin std. Instead of painted and polished.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Decided to go back to standard.........I think!

Put the ph2 silver door handles on the other day and got a new Alpine on the way so gonna be adding some weight!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Alpine of course! Ipod ready, and already connected! Really happy with the unit, best ipod interface I've seen tbh.

Just need to get th6.5s in the front and set it all up.

a.e

GT3 RS, Caterham Duratec.
I see this car most days cutting though a known shortcut in Edinburgh (south-west side). Had to stop and look at it the other day, MINT I've always had a soft touch for PH1's.

Andrew

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers all.

There's 4 shades of Flamered. Good luck! For under the bonnet it wasn't an issue. Problem arose when your pellet of a mate broke the cover off the oil bit and then the colour was different on that too!

In hindsight i wish i'd just detailed my engine bay and left it lookin std. Instead of painted and polished.

Ali did you get the engine cover painted at the same time as the cup spolier? Cause the spolier was a terrible colour match:rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ali did you get the engine cover painted at the same time as the cup spolier? Cause the spolier was a terrible colour match:rasp:

Yep! And the strut brace...Was the wrong flame red...thing is i wasn't there...so it was guess work!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Stereo is in :) Will get pics later this week

Quite clearly I lied!! That was back in January, whoops!

Oh well, fair bit to update then!

Right I'll start with the stereo then

Alpine CDA 9885R fitted with the Alpine stalk adapter which doesnt work with my display :S Also has my ipod in the glovebox which it has full control of and displays the track info on the head unit display. Very pleased with it, great bit of kit by Alpine as usual.

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

Also fitted a ph2 megane coupe splitter I happened to have lying about!

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

Got a ktec mk2 stealth

IMG_1983.jpg

sounds great imo, although is a little visible but thats maybe down to my fitting or due to it being a ph1 bumper, I dunno! And no I can be arsed cleaning my exhaust!

Got a retrimmed wheel from MikeyK18

IMG_1878.jpg

A wee comparision

IMG_1875.jpg

and why I replaced it!

IMG_1871.jpg

On the same day I knocked up some MDF rings to fit my 6.5" comps in that I had from the coupe

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

Set them up yesterday and very happy with the difference.

Then last week I went to get a quote for a wheel refurb for my OZ F1s and came away with these!

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

whoops! Anyway they have been sold on and are getting collected at FCS so they've been cleaned and put away safely!

So as my wheels are off getting refurbed as I type I needed something else to put on. Djw Dave very kindly gave me these

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

Also got the centre caps but couldnt be bothered putting them on. These will now be my winter wheels and I plan to refurb them myself before then but after FCS!

Middo sent me my colour coded badges and I chucked em on for s***s and giggles whilst I await the door strips

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

And today saw me changing my boot build, something I seem to do before every FCS! Even though I tend to keep my boot shut when there :S

This is the base floor

IMG_1973.jpg

Top floor

IMG_1974.jpg

Now I reckon the amp may get too hot without ventilation and I've always previously had the amps on show. However I decided against that this time so had to drill some holes to aid cooling!

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

Carpetted it

IMG_1978.jpg

and fitted it

IMG_1979.jpg

Then as I was running out of things to do until parts come I decided to polish the engine lettering! A supremely boring job which I didnt do for too long!

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

Also fitted a new number plate light that looks about 100 times better than the old one, works and has stopped my fog light symbol coming on when I indicate!

So now, before FCS I need to get on and fit my wishbones, new front brakes, new uprated shocks, polish and fit my refurbed wheels and get my tracking done.

I want to have my colour coded strips on by then as well.

So not too bad really!

Cheers for reading the essay!

John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
bloody nice car ;)

Cheers mate :)

looking like it's taking good shape in a tasteful way :approve:

i'll be looking out for you at FCS!

Aye be good to catch up and get viewing my next one ;)

sweet as a nut mate......

very tasteful

a trick i just done this week with my exhaust was to paint it black, made a hell of a difference

Aye good plan Mr Bone, hammerite or VHT?

Love this bus!!

As much as I love your face?

BMW M135i
Just out of interest re the headunit display, when using the adapter (i'm assuming it the alpine vdi one?) do you just get garbled shite on the dash screen?