ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Nurburgring (Clio Williams Resto)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

u havent seen one of mine.

This one is certainly rusty...not sure how u will fix this.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

This is a really good idea of a thread - keep up the good work!!!

This will also be a handy link to advertise when you sell the car another day ;-)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Keep up the good work Paul - these updates are great. Id like to have the time, money and ability to be able to do something like this!

Youve saved a classic car from being run into the ground and bringing it back up to date. Id be chuffed just looking at the refurbed wheels everyday, let alone the rest of the car! :D

D.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 22 February 2005

if anyone is from kent, i can recommend a decent refurber - exactly the same quality as Freds (looking good paul! ill have to come see the car in the flesh sometime!!) anyway... here they are...
ooooh! controversial commment that one!!!!!;)

im worried, im getting as "anal" as Ben H about the quality of my wheels

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Not wanting to be arsey BigChris but I think Freds is better quality, colour is less yellow and you can clearly see the writing, doesnt look like theyve been refurbed unlike the ones you posted imo.

Looking good Paul, great idea keeping it all in 1 thread.

Lionel Richie

not really good pics to be fair to big chris though!!! anyway i dont want an arguent etc etc etc so before it kicks off, NO HIJACKING INFINICARS THREAD!!!!!! if anyone wants to comment/ask questions/want their wheels doing please ring me on 07769712624 anytime

German Barge

no offence taken - paul, and andy gdi have both seen my wheels in the flesh - the pics arent great and dont do them justice. freds wheels are superb, and i was not taking it away from him - i was merely offering information to those who are searching for a similar quality :)

anyway paul - wanna sell me those sparco seats lol??? :eek:

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Car has this evening come back from the bodyshop and its looking great. Ive only just got back, and the workshop is full of crap at the moment so no space/light to photograph, but I will get some tomorrow and post them up.

Paul

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 01 March 2005

How long until its finished?
I want it finished by a few days before we go to Germany so I can check/test everything.....engine being stripped/checked/painted etc now - well starting it tomorrow....:D

Full re-spray was a grand in the end which included some parts which needed to be replaced. On close inspection the paint job is v nice - Ive yet to find a blemish but Ive not looked that hard yet......:D

Paul

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 01 March 2005

And what you doing with them turbines once it is?;)
Turbines - everythings for sale mate!!!

mailto:paul@infinicar.com">paul@infinicar.com

Paul

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Infinicar on 01 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 01 March 2005

How long until its finished?
I want it finished by a few days before we go to Germany so I can check/test everything.....engine being stripped/checked/painted etc now - well starting it tomorrow....:D

Full re-spray was a grand in the end which included some parts which needed to be replaced. On close inspection the paint job is v nice - Ive yet to find a blemish but Ive not looked that hard yet......:D

Paul
Where was the respray done if you dont mind me asking?

Saw this in the flesh yesterday, and have to say the body work is mint!!!! Very Jealous indeed! Cant wait to see the finished article!!!

It was good to meet you again Paul, let me know if any of the parts I need come into yours hands.

Cheers

Cheers Illusion (sorry Ive forgotten your name mate already!)

The engine is currently stripped to component parts - not in particularly good condition (appears to have had a belt break before), but being freshened up with new bearings/rings etc as well as a fast road head built......

Pics to follow!

Paul

The bodywork was done by Berkshire Bodyshop. The guy to speak to is Andy, theyre number is 01635 550665 - tell him Paul Mitchell (Clio Williams) recommended them.

Paul

Here are a couple more pictures....engine being prepared to be rebuilt, and a couple of pics of the wheels, with new centre caps in (purchased from Renault) - this shows what a good match the colour is on the refurbished wheels.

http://www.infinicar.com/williams/eng1.jpg

http://www.infinicar.com/williams/eng2.jpg

http://www.infinicar.com/williams/eng3.jpg

http://www.infinicar.com/williams/cap1.jpg

http://www.infinicar.com/williams/cap2.jpg

Unusually, there were some fairly major wear marks on the cams/followers and big ends.....the case hardening on a couple of the lobes of the cams had started to go, which Ive never seen before. Engine has been apart before, I would suspect for a cambelt failure....Kent cams are being fitted with verniers and a new set of tappets.....

Paul
http://www.infinicar.comwww.infinicar.com

Remapped derv Golf

Be quite interested in full specs once its finished - like whats new, whats old, whats uprated and what isnt.

Looking very good so far. Have you restored any other cars before? ( for yourself)

No Ive never restored anything before......a Clio Williams is a pretty worthy candidate for a resto though I think.

Once its finished, I will document in one (very) long post everything thats been done to the car......

Its due to be finished 2 weeks today all being well - that gives me a few days to make sure everythings OK for Germany......all been left too late as usual!

Paul

I suddenly thought the engine will need a bit of running in - but that ofcourse can be done on the way!!!

Its all been left a bit late but atleast I can walk into Renault and order parts that will at latest turn up in 2 days time......unlike other Marques(Lotus/Vauxhall......cough!)

Paul

WAS a Valver - what next?

Very impressive work. Must be a great feeling to be doing all this. Ill keep an eye on this to see the outcome, looks fantastic so far!

Well done m8.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Winston on 07 March 2005

Excellent work once again Andy :D
ANDY??? whos Andy??? This is Paul from Infinicar Winston, not Andy from GDI (i assume thats who you mean??)

looking excellent, id love to recondition a williams and then get to drive it how it should be driven....looking forward to pics of the finished article and reviews of hows it been since the re-con!

Danny