ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Nurburgring (Clio Williams Resto)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

tbh, with only a week to finish building it, any lights will be better than no lights!

Paul

David Taylor here you bought my smashed up orignal Clio Williams of me about 6 months ago (Number 378)

Having not enough money to get another Williams at the min i have bought a Clio 16v for me and the misses to use . Lately just put a Full stailess steel scorpian exchaust on it just like the one i had on the Clio this time i bought a Decat aswell and it is running alot quicker than the williams ever did even tho being 1.8 Ltr Used to race my best mate in his 172 Clio (Now runnig 180ish) and on the straights he used to pull away all the time but over the weekend we went up to some dual tracks near to were we live and he couldnt get away and considering it is only 137 Bhp not 150 bhp think you will agree a hell of a surprise. Highly reccomend the new version of the Scorpian for you project car looks fantastic fits well and sounds superb espically with Decat would put Williams enigine stright up to about 155-163bhp with alot more respone when you put the pedal down shame my clio hasnt got the traction the wills did but saving up for another minter.

Good Luck with project will look forward to seeing final pictures!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Williamsclio378 on 21 March 2005

Paul

David Taylor here you bought my smashed up orignal Clio Williams of me about 6 months ago (Number 378)

Having not enough money to get another Williams at the min i have bought a Clio 16v for me and the misses to use . Lately just put a Full stailess steel scorpian exchaust on it just like the one i had on the Clio this time i bought a Decat aswell and it is running alot quicker than the williams ever did even tho being 1.8 Ltr Used to race my best mate in his 172 Clio (Now runnig 180ish) and on the straights he used to pull away all the time but over the weekend we went up to some dual tracks near to were we live and he couldnt get away and considering it is only 137 Bhp not 150 bhp think you will agree a hell of a surprise. Highly reccomend the new version of the Scorpian for you project car looks fantastic fits well and sounds superb espically with Decat would put Williams enigine stright up to about 155-163bhp with alot more respone when you put the pedal down shame my clio hasnt got the traction the wills did but saving up for another minter.

Good Luck with project will look forward to seeing final pictures!!!
I agree its a amazing car being built! But dange u do need to re-phrase i couldnt pull away......... hahaha

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Bad news Im afraid.

One of the Kent Cams vernier pullies broke this morning, bending 8 inlet valves........the engine had run less than an hour......

Paul

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

sorry to hear that Paul....

Still better to play up now rather than ontrack....are kent replacing the parts foc for u ?

FRST and 106 GTi

Sad to hear that.
Youre not the first one to have problems with vernier pulleys. Why they dont make it more realiable? They want to make it light but they go fukcing everything!
btw, AWT has already looked into this and is providing a very good vernier pulleys.

RN2004 cams by kent are a lumpy ones mate. 286º and 278º of duration and 105º of peak angle on std inlet manifold is asking for rough idle, not so good low-end power BUT up in the revs alot is going to happen, and thats all you need for track!

Yeah we actually managed to get it idling/running perfectly.....Idling was lumpy, but perfectly usable at 900 rpm. Revs rose and fell nicely....then this f***** pulley broke and that was that.........

Im going to look at a replacement car tonight, then I will decide what to do with this one.....looks smart though with its paint job/new wheels/lowered now :)

Bloody annoying, but far worse things have happened....

Paul

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Bloody hell gutting on the pulley! not the first I ve heard go. Speak to Ben R hes developed some new pulleys which are much stronger.

172 Cup

sh*te pulleys!! andy and ben have come across a couple that have gone! kent and piper i think.

bit gutting after all that work though!

you have got to finish it when you get back! it will be totally mint then!

All isnt lost......the car will be sorted for the summer.....

Ive just got back from collecting num 0317 - a completely standard, unmolested, well cared for Williams from a 50+ owner......so thats the new german excursion wagon.......

Paul

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by Infinicar on 23 March 2005

All isnt lost......the car will be sorted for the summer.....

Ive just got back from collecting num 0317 - a completely standard, unmolested, well cared for Williams from a 50+ owner......so thats the new german excursion wagon.......

Paul
Nice one Paul.

Tony, more than welcome.

Manney youre correct its been down that way all its life....was supplied by Kings of Taunton. I bought it from Backwell, North Somerset.

Paul

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

If it was supplied in Taunton the reg should end in YA, YB, YC or YD.

CV would mean it originated from Truro in Cornwall.

Not saying your wrong just thought it was a bit strange thats all.

My mistake - Supplying dealer was in Cornwall (P***** (cant remember) but first services were at Kings.

The replacement car made it and back without hitch :D

Paul

By the way, Project Nurburgring is for sale, either as it is or in parts.

Ive decided to keep the replacement car instead.

Paul