ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project S13

BMW F31
To elaborate...
The exhaust rattle I'm 99% sure its the rear exhaust mount knocking on the bodywork, so £2.99 later and it should be fixed (An imaginary prize for the 1st to guess the products used...)

number plate sticky backed pads from halfrauds? :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

LOL! i cant stand the guy, he is such a c**k, he can build a apex car that has tomei engine etc in and sequential boxes, then a 14a with a ls1 engine in it, guy is CLEARLY rolling in money from ripping people off lol!!

what an arse! every single "apex" product i bought was s**t lol!

remember being at an old d1 event and they had an apex burgandy s14, i dunno who was driving but it was at silverstone and bren was sat infront of me, first corner at silverstone which is a left hander he understeered and went straight in to the gravel, second attempt he did the same thing, i sat there and slagged him off and apex off soooooo bad lol, bren wouldnt even turn around, ann kept giving us shitty looks but it just made us worse!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Does any-one have any pics of an S13 with an S14a front end? I wanna know how good it looks before i start buying bits...

ITB'd MK1
LOL! i cant stand the guy, he is such a c**k, he can build a apex car that has tomei engine etc in and sequential boxes, then a 14a with a ls1 engine in it, guy is CLEARLY rolling in money from ripping people off lol!!

what an arse! every single "apex" product i bought was s**t lol!

remember being at an old d1 event and they had an apex burgandy s14, i dunno who was driving but it was at silverstone and bren was sat infront of me, first corner at silverstone which is a left hander he understeered and went straight in to the gravel, second attempt he did the same thing, i sat there and slagged him off and apex off soooooo bad lol, bren wouldnt even turn around, ann kept giving us s**tty looks but it just made us worse!

Midgers was driving, he'd had 10 minutes with the car before competition, then another 100bhp for the next round with no practice time in it. Bren sacked him off for not winning, the tw*t.

I was about 3 rows back from you with docwra. Bren and I havn't spoken in years LOL

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i like the 13's with the 14 front!!! it looks cool! but its not an easy swap! u need to chop and weld the 14 wings in to the 13 wings... its a c**t from all accounts... the rest is pretty easy to do though but u have to chop up ur slam pannel to fit the lights, guy near me started and never finished i dont think... the s15 front looks s**t on them though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Midgers was driving, he'd had 10 minutes with the car before competition, then another 100bhp for the next round with no practice time in it. Bren sacked him off for not winning, the tw*t.

I was about 3 rows back from you with docwra. Bren and I havn't spoken in years LOL

bren is a fat c**t and cant drive for s**t himself lol, i remember seeing vids of him driving the k sport skyline with the great k sport coilovers and watching him bounce all over the track lol!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just read the whole thread and its awesome, job work matey. I want to see the finished product!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'm worried by the finished product tbh. how much work is it for the front? not just a case of swapping the wings/bonnet/headlights/bumper then? How much needs to be welded. cutting the slam panel i expected if im honest. hmmm, maybe just looks for an origin front end then:
body-kit-origin.jpg

hom nom nom

ITB'd MK1
i like the 13's with the 14 front!!! it looks cool! but its not an easy swap! u need to chop and weld the 14 wings in to the 13 wings... its a c**t from all accounts... the rest is pretty easy to do though but u have to chop up ur slam pannel to fit the lights, guy near me started and never finished i dont think... the s15 front looks s**t on them though!

delboy did it, the headlights were held in by the bonnet.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
H'actually the Origin kit is loverly but I'd forgot about this:
instant_gentleman_180sx.jpg

absolute pure sex. I want!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
one of the companies sell s13 to 14 wings in fiberglass, dan @ srb can get them...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'm not a fan of the Sileighty fronts tbh, although everyone else seems to love them. the kit above is supermade, thats a chop yus but the supermade kits look awesome! I'll ask SRB about the wings :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Nope ;) Not a fan. I've always liked the S13, never a fan of Sileighty and I love S14a front but hate the back. I've got an idea of the look that I want, and also a secondary look i'd be perfectly happy with. Just tryin to price up and see when I can do it. I've given plenty of hints in the last few posts lol. You and Malice are going to hate my new wheels, I personally cant wait!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol

s14za.jpg

ESC_0060-1.jpg

ESC_0137.jpg

rb30 + sileighty + rocketbunny = godlike!

ross's car is like omg wtf bbq !

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I like the S14 lol. the Black looks awesome from the back but i just dont like those headlights :(

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Some(most) of my parts are here now so to crack on, to think these bits along with my exhaust and induction kit should amount to anywhere between 210-230 horsepower depending on how optimistic H-Devs claims are. Turbo tuning is quite rewarding, for all the parts for stage 1 its cost me £450 and I should see a 40-60hp increase :D
DSCF0293.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

Anywho:

So a huge part of the project so far has been to tidy it up, I'll openly admit its far from good looking but its a lot better than it used to be. The next eyesore on my target list was the front number plate with the horrible black thing behind it holding it on. I had 2 ideas, the 1st was a square number plate offset to the side and the 2nd was a vinyl number plate on the bonnet because the nose looks a lot better without a number plate there...

My decision was to go with the square plate offset. I've put it on the right side of the bumper because the wingmount and the air filter are both on the left side of the car so that side needs the holes in the front bumper as much as possible :D
So 1st things 1st, get rid of the standard number plate and horrible black surround, et voila:
DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

The holes left there are quite big, as in the black surround was held on by a bolt and washer not 2 tapping screws big:
DSCF0296.jpg

So those holes needed filling in, the original plan was fibreglass over them however I settled for filler and screws in bolt holes so that if needed it could be returned to standard:
DSCF0298.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

After the filler dried I did a 2nd skim of filler, then sanded it with 800 grit. I went to paint it and found the can was as close to empty as physically possible. I see this as both a bad thing, because you can quite clearly see the filler still and a good thing as well because I can see it still needs more work with the sand paper:
DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

Next up was fixing the number plate on, easy enough. Go with velcro so I can change it if I hate it:
DSCF0303.jpg

About 5 mins after I had finished the rain came, so I'm off to leeds to get drunk. Bring on the next bit of work.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Vinyl plate would've looked better IMO. Offset plates only work if there's a reason... ie a front-mount.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Front mount is on the shopping list ;) Mines the ukdm model aye, with a touch of mexico in the moustache (chiquitos freebies are awesome heh)...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Huge thanks to Ben at Rare Rims for hanging in there with me and this morning my wheels arrived :D £750 delivered with a full fitting kit and Ben did me a set of tyres balanced and fitted with some stretch for an extra £160!!! I'm super impressed with Rare Rims and esp with Ben so they get a huge plug ;)
Anyway, the wheels... Rota RB Drift in 17x9.5 ET-19!
DSCF0304.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0308.jpg

DSCF0309.jpg

All I'm waiting on now is a set of overfenders because as you can see, the wheels are a bit wide for stock arches, then they'll be fitted. I know the arch gap is slightly exaggerated as the car was jacked up but its defo going to need lowering next month if I can to help make these look like they belong there.

Last edited:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
I knew I'd like the wheels but the pictures still dont show just how deep they look, I think I love them haha. Which front is the onevia? I think it might be staying reasonably stock for a while I'm out of money again :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hang on et 19 or et -19??

onevia is a silvia back end with the boot and the 180 or s13 front...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
hang on et 19 or et -19??

onevia is a silvia back end with the boot and the 180 or s13 front...
ahh cool, is it just me that likes the UKDM S13 then haha, also the wheel offset is the later, -19 :cool:

also you have that wheel on the wrong side of the car lol
The wheels not fitted, it was just to see how they'll look on the car. They'll be fitted properly and the right way round when I have the overfenders lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
f**k me -19 is hardcore, even though they are rotas i give u big respect for -19! u gonna get the bolt on arches like u get on ae86's??

ITB'd MK1
onevia wasn't exactly a factory thing. Closest to it was the 240sx convertable, which has the silvia back and the popup front. The Sil-eighty was actually brought out as a limited run.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
f**k me -19 is hardcore, even though they are rotas i give u big respect for -19! u gonna get the bolt on arches like u get on ae86's??
Yeah they will be riveted on arches, kinda like bubble pack arches like you would get on a saxo VTR etc. It should look pretty good I think, atleast until I can afford some proper overfenders...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Amazing choice of wheels, really like it. Not sure if i like front number plate being over there like that. Think a central sticker would be better.

Coming along very nicely though, love the amount of work you're putting into it.