ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: White-Clio, 172 Conversion + Respray.

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
looks good man, dont want to steal the thread but have you converted the windows to electric, if so a few pointers would be greatly appreciated

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
I have mate, but I also did it on the same version of clio you're trying to do, its a piece of piss. PM me your mobile number and ill give you a ring one night when I've got time and talk you through it.

Sorry I just dont have the time to sit down and write out a guide for you, but it is super super easy.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
update:

4245_198534785692_878110692_6876828_6190376_n.jpg

4245_198534680692_878110692_6876827_1718170_n.jpg

4245_198534480692_878110692_6876826_164779_n.jpg

4245_198533900692_878110692_6876822_377901_n.jpg

4245_198533765692_878110692_6876821_972249_n.jpg

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
im thinking about getting the insides of the headlights sprayed white or black. What's everyones opinion on this and what's the legalities of this?

G51 BEN
tbh id either leave the headlights, or get them done black. not white though... too much white if you did!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The lines on the PH2 front bumper do not line up with the front head lamps at all, the wide bits run up in to the front lamp/wing on the PH2 and they dont on the PH1 and it looks terrible.

imo ofc.

Still doesn't work although it's better than the snow plow you had before. IMO it would look less out of place if the swage line that comes up from the foglight recess to the point where the bumper meets the front wing was smoothed out. Thats the part that really makes if obvious it's not a bumper for that model.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
At the moment the colours don't blend all that well, but that's been the case with all the bumpers he's sprayed till he g3'd them or something along those lines. So it will be a lot less obvious once the colour blends together. IMO I'd say wait until it's complete I.e fogs, number plate and grills are back on. If it's still not working then, then I'll get of redone with the swage lines blended out.

Quite a few people have said it's a bad fit but it isn't fixed in at all so the sides do stick out a bit till the bumper gets fixed on.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Even if the paint is a exact match it will not hide that line, they need blending to smooth them down to the same hieght as the wing. Get it done now before it cost you more.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Totally agree, looks like a baby v6 front end now but that line needs to be smoothed out for it to look spot on

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
I have mate, but I also did it on the same version of clio you're trying to do, its a piece of piss. PM me your mobile number and ill give you a ring one night when I've got time and talk you through it.

Sorry I just dont have the time to sit down and write out a guide for you, but it is super super easy.

pm'd cheers buddy

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Totally agree, looks like a baby v6 front end now but that line needs to be smoothed out for it to look spot on

right ill head on down there on Monday, I also noticed that the arches don't match, if you take a look the arches have a flat line and appear to come out a bit. where as the front is completely flat. it needs to continue this even if only for a few inches till it blends in to a flat shape.

Looks like I'll have to get that front end redone again. :/ *SIGH*, the T.V screen in the interior needs done again as well. More money down the drain ha ha.

J03

MX5 1.8
leave the light inserts, dont paint them black, it wont go well.. i see white cars with black inserts and they look crap, silver is the best.
the lines on each end of the front bumper id smooth them so the fade as they go towards the top. am sure it will look good once the grilles and fogs are inplace :)

Clio 16v 182 Replica
Youve got guts to try out new things, i must admit it looks tons better than that old bumper even thought the lines dont match up, but im sure with some more time and money it will look spot on.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
leave the light inserts, dont paint them black, it wont go well.. i see white cars with black inserts and they look crap, silver is the best.
the lines on each end of the front bumper id smooth them so the fade as they go towards the top. am sure it will look good once the grilles and fogs are inplace :)

I could always try it and if it doesn't work out I'll just buy a new set of dual optics. :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
should look good if it was like this: quick shop

ph1-1.jpg
I cant do shops but that looks pretty good, the biggest problem with the OPs pics of it is the top of the bumper doesn't line up with the bottom of his grill very well, so it looks on the piss and the lines up the side of the foglights dont run upto the headlights, sorted those 2 issues out it would look mint imo. I think it'd also look pretty good if you smoothed the lines at the front/middle of the sideskirts out

Cro

Meg'd r27
Yeah the crucial parts to be done well are where it meets the wings, meets the old grill position and the lines up past the fogs! Could look super if done as that photoshop is!!

J03

MX5 1.8
ha cheers, that will be £200 please :)

joke. would look cracking if you get it done like it though, looking forward to see updates on this!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
To be fair the car has been done over a long period of time, so I'm not 'made of money' But I'm a Project Manager/Lead Programmer for a web development firm so money's not really a massive Issue.

Eventually I'd love to see the car turbod and RWD conversion but who knows where the next few years will take me :)

Clio
Great effort and alot of money gone into this, i personally think the side skirts will look odd and will not suit the rest of the car. making that front bumper fit perfectly will be difficult as the lines dont seem to match up whatsoever.
but always nice to see something different on here, i look forward to seeing this finished.