ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Winstonising a Renault 5 GT Turbo

The Formaula Renault Madins are perfect image wise... but with it having a 40mm wider wiiliams track they would stick out of the arch to much and handling not the best due to offset and 8J.. so there going on my caddy once its been dropped

The 14's that are on it suit it now... but im running it at standard Williams height, so they might look stupid.... other choices 14'' Rsi steels, 14'' ATS cups... prob going to keep on hunting

They have to be 14's or above.... I was going to use the Williams wheels but ended up swapping them for goodies... DOH!!!

Im thinking something nice and lightweight ;)

Evo 6, E92 320d
There is some in the for sale section only £70 i think.

Edit: you've already seen them:)

Last edited:
^there trying way to hard imo lol^

Guess whos back home :).... The 5 finally got some time today lol

IMG_1788.jpg

Cleaned and stripped the engine some more.. so its closer to being painted

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

The old C1J went home with my mate bob last night... ive been cleaning the bay but got to dark for pics

IMG_1820.jpg

New fibreglass Bonnet trail fitted

IMG_1818.jpg

Operation strip off the subframe for the 5 now... Next step is getting the Williams running gear on

Evo 6, E92 320d
I <3 this. Do you know a guy called Dale, on rtoc, hes got maybe 3/4 5's and one is white with blue bumpers and a cage?

Today i have battled the weather to get the gearbox and subframe off and get the bits to one side i need for the widetrack and throw away the rest lol

Subframe.. semi clean and rust free :D

IMG_2041.jpg

Front Williams hubs with good bearings... they need some more hammerite since they lived on the 5.

IMG_2032.jpg

The difference in track.... doesn't really look like much in these pictures

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

The 5 top mounts to fit to the williams shocks

IMG_2042.jpg

The bay has some rust that needs attending too

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

Before weekend i need to....

Paint the ARB and all the brackets
Wait for my polyflex ARB bushes to show
Go to GSF and pick up some wishbones

The new bonnets to try and offest some of the weight of the F7R and the vent is functional... i won't be badboying it...

I only did a few bits n bobs today

First coat of high temperature paint on the manifold

IMG_2046.jpg

Anti roll bar semi de-rusted & painted

IMG_2047.jpg

The anti roll bar bushes turned up from ktec, I picked up a pair of 19 16v wishbones from GSF and a pair of 16V/Williams springs from a mate. So I have all the parts to build the subframe back up and refit on sunday :)

Slowly getting there...

This is the car too beat... I will do a project thread for it when ive got some spare time :)

Kif_0779.jpg
I loved that valver, I remember seeing it at FCS back in about 2004/5

I've had a quick flick through this current thread, but as i'm tired i've not been able to read it all etc.

The five looks to be coming along slowly but surely, great stuff. Such a massive task you've taken on, nice on though :cool:

One of my ex mates had a valver bonnet vent on his 5gtt years ago, tbh i've not seen many 5gtt's running them, I know you said it's functional, I guess you also need the vent as it clears the engine ?

cheers folks... yeah think the bonnet will help with clearance... It looks abit mad badboy'd... maybe its the picture angle

Well ive not had the most productive day today :( ... Ive had one on me all day which nearly resulted in the 5's subframe being thrown through its windscreen lol

The Wishbones
IMG_2065.jpg

The ARB bushes
IMG_2066.jpg

Springs
IMG_2069.jpg

The first problem i ran into was the 19 16v wishbones fouled on the subframe so some trimming was in order with the angle grinder and a file... Im now going to give the subframe a lick of paint

Before
IMG_2071.jpg

After
IMG_2074.jpg

The next problem was the inner ARB brackets need some modding to fit the 5 subframe... Its all fun and games lol

Before my evening meal this evening... I thought i would get the dash and loom out the 5, only part thats been a pain to remove so far (i should have busted out the haynes lol, but its out)

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

I found a hole :(

IMG_2080.jpg

The badboy would not really suit the cars new image... so won't be missed

Ive not done much at all really since the last update... I have de-rusted, repaired and painted the Top monuts, as there no longer available from Renault, I needed to make sure they will last,,, Im just waiting on getting fresh bearings then the struts can be built up

I got carried away and got stuck in... so ive only got finished pics

IMG_2202-1.jpg

IMG_2201-1.jpg

IMG_2200-1.jpg

Winstew? FTW?

Cheers matty..... Get stuck in, project thread updates are needed :D

Also a few new part pics, not many parts left to get now :)

Uprated R5 GTT / Williams clutch

IMG_2192.jpg

Uprated 5 GTT engine mounts

IMG_2190.jpg