ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure motorsports air-con delete kit

What size is the aux belt meant to be with the kit? The belt I've got is 6pk 1300, is that correct because it appears to be to short to fit. Fitted all the brackets correctly but the belt just won't fit over the alternator pulley.
Any advise would be much appreciated

TrackCar & F30 330d
I think someone had a problem with the belt size before on one of these kits! Do a quick search as i think the answer was in that thread! Think it was the lad with the 197 on ITB's

Lionel Richie
i spoke to nick the other day, we've just had the same issue, you need a 6pk1310 IMO no chance the 1300 will fit, we fitted a 1310 and all is well

Where from? Or is that trade prices?

Can get the contitech one from ECP for £11 with the discount they have on at the moment, that's the cheapest I've found them.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
surely pms should be supplying the correct size belt with the kit FFS!!!

Lionel Richie
think they designed it on an early phs1 which has a slightly smaller PAS pump and/or alternator pulley hence the difference

clio 182 sport
why would you remove your air con?? i never use mine but dont understand why people remove it other than to save abit of wieght, and the wieght that you remove surely isnt going to make a difference??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
since the aircon system effectively has a clutch and therefore is a free bearing when not in use, youre going to gain very little from having less pulleys to spin.

Ph1
Too much money in the Pure kit IMO. I bought a bracket for 15 notes from a Laguna which is the same as the Cup.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
We are looking onto this problem at present. It would help greatly Jonff if you could have a quick look at the label on your PAS pump for the part number and also on the PAS pulley.
The kit was developed on a PH1 engine and I just want to check the PAS pumps or pulleys aren't different on some cars. Your PAS pump should be 7700 840 107 and pulley should end in 067 or 707. If so it is the same as what we developed the kit on in which case it may be a belt problem as we have just got a new batch and it seems we are having this issue since then.
For any help you need please contact us on 01841 532734. For your information this is the third case of the 'short belt syndrome' we have had out of nearly 50 kits sold so it is a bit strange!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Was going to be buying this kit in the next few weeks but this is putting me off a little, would you be able to supply the kit with a 6pk1310 like fred suggests?

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
We may well supply all kits with a 1310 but would like to know more about the cars that are having difficulty first so that we can either supply different belts for different PAS pumps or all the same belts.
If you want to order ring us and we can supply you with a 1310.

We are looking onto this problem at present. It would help greatly Jonff if you could have a quick look at the label on your PAS pump for the part number and also on the PAS pulley.
The kit was developed on a PH1 engine and I just want to check the PAS pumps or pulleys aren't different on some cars. Your PAS pump should be 7700 840 107 and pulley should end in 067 or 707. If so it is the same as what we developed the kit on in which case it may be a belt problem as we have just got a new batch and it seems we are having this issue since then.
For any help you need please contact us on 01841 532734. For your information this is the third case of the 'short belt syndrome' we have had out of nearly 50 kits sold so it is a bit strange!

Apologies for the late reply, only just noticed this but yeah I'll have a look for the part number, whether it'll still be there though I don't know lol.

why would you remove your air con?? i never use mine but dont understand why people remove it other than to save abit of wieght, and the wieght that you remove surely isnt going to make a difference??

As JonG said my air-con had stopped and I removed it. It's definitely made a noticeable difference, granted it's nothing spectacular but the engines feels sharper. It also gives me more room in the engine bay due to not having air-con pipes in the way.