ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:R32

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cant stand this whole urge to make ones wheels line up with the arch though im afraid - just reminds me of a Corsa B with Ripspeed alloys of incorrect offset. Mind you, im sure it wouldnt look at daft as some of the 197/200's that are floating around on here ;)

I'd say quite the oposite. That back wheel looks lost. 10mm will make it look even and bring it in line with the front. Still, it's your car. :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks spot on similar drop to the H&R springs. Silver seems to hide dirt well ha.

Give me a shout if/when you want a rarb and will see what price I can get you.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks spot on similar drop to the H&R springs. Silver seems to hide dirt well ha.

Give me a shout if/when you want a rarb and will see what price I can get you.

Yeah, thats the sort of height i was aiming for really, not daft, just a very subtle drop.

Its the Whiteline BWR21XZ that i'll be after, so any CS discount would be lovely ;) x

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Where are your wheels?

lol, not sticking 3 foot out the arches like yours are :rasp:

Got various rattles this morning after hitting a speed bump quite quickly this morning- think i might make sure all the nuts & bolts are tightened up properly when i get home later on ... also worked out that the ARB bushes are most definately shot, so will need to sort that over the coming weeks as well. Only a few quid so not the end of the world.

TTRS & V50
Brilliant !

Yeah NSF definitely looks lower than OSF. I thought that before reading your comment. However it is supposed to be slightly lower due to driver weight. Not sure if it's meant to be noticeably though.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah NSF definitely looks lower than OSF. I thought that before reading your comment. However it is supposed to be slightly lower due to driver weight. Not sure if it's meant to be noticeably though.

Measured it again this morning, drivers side seems to be settling down a little more now as they are within mm of each other from wheel centre to arch. Need to try and find some setup info online somewhere, for example on the 1*2 you're supposed to have one side slightly higher to take into account the gearbox weight etc.

Also, the rattling was the ARB droplinks, they could possibly have been a little tighter ... all sorted now though!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Little update, suspension seems to have settled down now so its nearly the same all round. Had the tracking checked at Micheldever Tyres and it was slightly out, so £20 later and all is well, also had all 4 wheels/tyres re-balanced as the previous monkeys that fitted the Contis hadnt done it correctly. Also attempted to fit the Powerflex front inner wishbone bushes but realised that the gearbox seems to be in bthe way of various bolts, so going to admit defeat and get someone to do it for me - too cold to be underneath the car at the moment anyways really. Ill get them to fit the Whiteline anti-lift kit, new balljoints, Powerflex ARB bushes and track rods at the same time i think.

Mpg has taken a bit of a dive recently as well due to the cold weather, heated seats on permantly and a heavier right foot. Currently running at 25-27 instead of the usual 27-30, but well, the rest of the car is so great im willing to put up with it. My miles are about to be reduced by 90% anyways, so it'll be reet.

Finally, whilst doing my nightly check of the for sale section on R32oc i stumbled across something that ive been after for a while ...

HeldexGen2.gif

So i bought it :clown:

Comes with the wireless controller as well, so total stealth in the cabin with no dials needing to be spliced into the dashboard.

Also waiting for a chap to give me a collection date for some rather s3xy looking chairs, cannot wait as imho, they are flipping epic.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ignorance alert...what is that?

A Gen2 Haldex controller ;)

Bit of blurb from HPA's website:

The Gen 2 Sport controller takes into account the TPS signal more so than the OEM software and therefore can proactively begin applying power to the RWD clutch packs before wheel spin begins, and as power is increased, more power lock occurs in the RWD unit until full lock is achieved. By default, the controller is designed to be in Sport mode which transforms the handling characteristics of your AWD car by increasing torque transfer to the rear axle and giving more rear wheel bias.

With the installation of a specially engineered wiring harness and switch, you can have instant access to all three of the programs built in to the controller; Stock, Sport, and Race. Race mode will unleash further potential as it provides faster reaction time to vehicle inputs in the AWD communication system, and allows for even greater amounts of torque transfer to the rear axle.

haldexoverlay.jpg

Basically, it will give me up to 50% drive to the rear wheels ...
woohoo.gif

M135i and the shed
Very nice! Had a drive in an R32 at Awesome Gti with one of these fitted. Made it from a relatively (no offence) heavy feeling under-steer prone thing in to something really quite entertaining. Top mod Dave. :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Shame you cant go the other way with more power to the rear. I bet they make them drink more fuel too?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Made it from a relatively (no offence) heavy feeling under-steer prone thing in to something really quite entertaining. Top mod Dave. :)

Cheers!! Most people ive spoken to have said its the best mod they're done, so thought i might as well give it a go. If its not to my taste (very doubtful) ill just sell it on again. Tbh, i just want to go sideways out of junctions :eek:

So that's permanent 4WD Dave? How much?

Nah, not permanent, still only engages the rears when required, but my understanding is that instead of waiting for wheelspin, then shuffling 10% to the rear, it detects more loud pedal/WOT and bungs up to 50% rearwards to try and eliminate the understeer in the 1st place. Price wise it was £600 2ndhand, new it would have been £1000 inc. the wireless remote.

Shame you cant go the other way with more power to the rear. I bet they make them drink more fuel too?

Shouldnt be any worse on fuel as it still only engages the rears when im driving like a loon (not very often lol). The 3 way wireless controller will allow me to run it in 'normal' mode if i want to anyways. Although i will more than likely leave it in 'Sport' which is apparently a good compromise.

I'm curious...what's your spend on mods/maintenance to date on your depreciation free car?

Well, mods wise, once ive bought the Recaros as well, ill be up to circa £2k, but as they were all bought 2nd hand, i will quite easily realise that again if needs be. Servicing and repairs stand me at £1000, although about £600 of that was probably unnecessary, i just like giving every car i buy a major service when i buy it. Ive also fitted 2 tyres at £300 or so.

If i remove modifications from the equation, it currently stands me at £0.39 per mile for everything, so similar to yours iirc. Id do expect that to drop over the next 6 months or so though, depending on maintenance/repairs of course.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Shouldnt be any worse on fuel as it still only engages the rears when im driving like a loon (not very often lol). The 3 way wireless controller will allow me to run it in 'normal' mode if i want to anyways. Although i will more than likely leave it in 'Sport' which is apparently a good compromise.

Ah i presumed it was a permanent thing. Sounds like it'll be fun.

RS2'd Trophy
Dave the Blue haldex controller is absolutely awesome, Im thinking of chopping mine in for the red one as thats better under decelleration I have heard?

Car looks great also.

James

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave the Blue haldex controller is absolutely awesome, Im thinking of chopping mine in for the red one as thats better under decelleration I have heard?

Red controller? Didnt realise they did different ones for the Gen1? Is that just a bit more hardcore, like the diff between 'Race' and 'Sport' modes on the Gen2 that im buying?

I love the recaro's you get for these. Definite pics needed when fitted!

Here's a teaser anyways :p

r32-black-leather-seats.png

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great choice on the Haldex/Recaro's Dave. The the seats still heated?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Bu'reet. Look forward to seeing it at some point mate, the chairs really do look quality.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Seats are awesome. Blue thingy looks... Um pretty?

i think you and I have turned a new leaf regarding car keeping. Lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
i think you and I have turned a new leaf regarding car keeping. Lol

Just a bit, i love this car :eek:

So last night, 8 days earlier than expected, the chap selling the Recaros delivered them to me from Ipswich. Cost an extra £60, but saved me the hassle of driving 250 miles after work in the cold & dark!!! Tbf, it would have cost me that in fuel anyways, so cant complain ... he's part-exing his car for a MK4 R32 this week so they needed to go asap basically.

Took about 40 mins to swop all 4 seats over, but i now have some VCDS programming to do to remove the Christmas tree of warning lights on the dashboard. Is seasonal though, so not the end of the world lol.

Excuse the cr4ppy iPhone pics, i will take some decent ones when i clean the car next. So sometime in 2013 i would have thought.

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

First impressions are that they are considerably harder than the standard ones, & less 'sofa like'. On the flipside however, they are a lot more supportive around the shoulder area, more deeply 'bucketed' and tighter around the hips. They are also a lot lower!! Feel like im now driving in the car rather than on the car. LOVE THEM!! :clown:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks lovely, top work on both the Haldex and Recaros. Please say this is coming to play at the next Llandow...

Out of interest, how adjustable are the Recaros and are they quite rare?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks lovely, top work on both the Haldex and Recaros. Please say this is coming to play at the next Llandow...

Out of interest, how adjustable are the Recaros and are they quite rare?

Not sure on the next Llandow day im afraid, dont have any more holiday days available until April :(

Have also done Llandow twice now, which tbh, is more than enough really, although it is quite amusing in the rain!!

Recaros wise, not that much adjustment really, just height, forward/backwards and tilt. No lumbar like the standard seats, but i normally have that as far off as possible anyway, so not an issue so far. Are still heated, more so in fact, my bum was roasting this morning, & not due to curry of any sort. Availability wise, they are rare as rocking horse sh1t, hence why i jumped on them, most people want part-ex for the 3dr standard seats (they tilt forwards), so finding someone that only needed 5dr seats was a rare occurence!! Were a £2.5k option when new (£1.6k for leather, then another £900 for Recaros) so they werent massively popular. Also, i wanted the ones with the R branding, instead of GTI, so again, limiting my scope for finding some.

As far as im aware, i now have all the options bar sunroof, so its certainly specced up to the max :approve: