ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rabbit damage - price to fix?

Black/Gold 182
I ran over a rabbit last week, quite a big one and it smashed the plastic bit that goes from under the bumper up to the wheel arch on the drivers side. It also made a small crack the bottom of the bumper, and the fixing point where the plastic screw thing for the arch liner (above) attaches.

Any idea on prices of

a) the new plastic wheel arch liner thing

b) an entire new front bumper + respray?

I probably won't bother with b as most likely it's expensive. For now I've just put a self-tapper in the bottom of the bumper to hold the arch liner on and it doesn't really notice. I might leave it as is an just keep schtum when I part/ex (looking at an Octavia VRS, maybe tourer next for something bigger and more comfortable)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
ah same happened with me and a fox but on passenger side.
so far ive left it, but interested to here your answers

Shhh
Wheel arch liner.. £35 ish though scrap yard as probably the same on all models. Screws to bumper, clips onto wheel thing.

To repair the bumper, and paint it.. - £100 ish.

Shhh
Take a picture..

How is the splitter.?
How is the plastic air damn thing underneath etc.

You can take the bumper off yourselves, i did.

Black/Gold 182
no splitter on mine (just cup suspension) and the collision was level with the wheel so only that plastic bit was damaged (the bumper damage is very minor, the crack is where the plastic bit pulled off).

Would all Clio's really be the same? I thought the front bumpers + wings were different on the 182?

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Not just me that had a raabit problems then, sodding things fields either side and they have to wonder on to a 12ft piece of tarmac

Black/Gold 182
I tried to miss it but sodding thing when right under the wheel. Quite a big b*ggar too or i might have got away with it.

Worse thing was I was travelling for work before 5am in the morning. Normally I'd still be asleep.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
was there loads of blood :eek::dapprove: bet it looked nasty down one site of your car... especially if the rabbit popped

Black/Gold 182
Funnily enough there was no blood at all. As I passed it I looked in the mirror and I thought something had fallen off the bottom of the car, but when I stopped I couldn't see anything missing. Maybe it was part of the rabbit?

I was working in Paris that day so didn't drive home until 10 pm (17 hours later) and by then there was no sign of the rabbit's remains on the road.