ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

clio v6
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

Looks good guys, you two have been very busy since the last time i saw this car at croft, the usual crew from trackaction will be at croft on the 31st so will be fun to have a few laps and see if i can still keep up.

Been busy myself and dropped a 2.8 24v motor in.

th_redshedridesagain.jpg

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

IMG_9091.jpg

New Serck Motorsport Alloy radiator with two Spal fans, ideal for longer trumpets :)

e91 330d/type r mini

plan is to use a mk1 1.2 dash top

Carl
good luck with that i can vouch for how hard and awkward it is to fit the dash after the cage is fitted, the big mounting bar ended up in 3 pieces to get mine in :(
its definately worth keeping the dash though

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

good luck with that i can vouch for how hard and awkward it is to fit the dash after the cage is fitted, the big mounting bar ended up in 3 pieces to get mine in :(
its definately worth keeping the dash though

im just fitting the top of the dash from the old shape clio and it fits perfectly behind the bars with abit of persuasion lol.

Carl

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

do you mind saying how much the rad was?

pm if you like :)

im also interested how much it was as i am after one once i get my car back from the garage

Golf GTD Mk7

nice work guys. Who's going to be doing your mapping? You coming down to oulton/cadwell in the near future?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

nice work guys. Who's going to be doing your mapping? You coming down to oulton/cadwell in the near future?

We will be doing Oulton park sometime over the summer and cadwell a couple of times, not sure on Dates yet because i Graduate this year so not sure what i will be doing summer time. So we are not booking things yet. Hopefully we will get plenty of days in during July and August though.

alien green rs133

when you gonna have this engine in, its a rolling timescale atm isnt it??

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

when you gonna have this engine in, its a rolling timescale atm isnt it??

yeah didnt expect an engine to take 4 months to get built...

once i get the engine back it will take a couple of weeks to get everything sorted then down to TDF for wiring/running in/map

Carl

alien green rs133

yell at people. will get done quicker, the longer it takes the more the price goes down, stipulate this and it will be done this afternoon. theres not much involved in bolting bits together FFS

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

yell at people. will get done quicker, the longer it takes the more the price goes down, stipulate this and it will be done this afternoon. theres not much involved in bolting bits together FFS

trust me, ive been on the phone plenty.

Its not so much the engine builders fault, more his very very slow machine shop.

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

5 months later and still no engine......looks like were running the standard engine for both Croft track days later this month.

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Since it doesnt look like the engine will be done in time, i re-fitted the ITB's to the standard engine and got the car running. First time it has been moved for 5 months :O

So next week will include:
1. Fitting gussets to cage
2. remove excess metal inside the car
3. alter seat frames ready for new passenger seat
4. re-paint inside of car and paint cage

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

gussets
DSC00306-1.jpg

cut away door
DSC00304.jpg

terrible pictures but you get the idea. The interior will be getting completely re-sprayed once all the work is done

Carl

TrackCar & F30 330d

Quite a bit of weight saved from the door gashing :)

Gussets looking nice

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Some how this has to be ready for the 31st of May, and i have no idea if i can even get in the car any more :(

TrackCar & F30 330d

Some how this has to be ready for the 31st of May, and i have no idea if i can even get in the car any more :(

Dont you have a removable wheel to help you getting in an out? Track/Race cars are never easy to get in/out of though :(

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

We have a removeable bose somewhere, but i d put money on that carl has lost it somewhere in the pile of car parts in the garage or his room.

Ive not seen this car since August last year :( pretty bad really.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Are you going to be refitting the black door covers?

Getting some new ones made up from very thin aluminum. Those ones in the picture, the door handle fouls the cage door bars

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

few new updates.

Noticed there was abit of play in the steering so investigated and found that the steering column was fucked. That has now been replaced. No pics im afraid.

Fitted the control box which will house all the switches and the DASH2 digital dash.

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

Next up. Sort the wiring out and spray everything, Including the control box.

Carl

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Looks good carl at least its progressing again. 2 weeks and i will be hope to see it, hopefully somplete.

:( sabelt wheel looks tired.