ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rally Clio Winter Project Thread

Couple more pics and a little bit more done.

Found the best and easiest way of getting rid of the sound deadening on the floor....

.....child labour

1IMAGEB_00052.jpg

Finally done all the front floor bits (which will be all for now)

1IMAGEB_00053.jpg

All the glass has been taken out ready for it to go away and have the cage installed aswell.

No more pics, but put some shocks on the rear temporaily, then got it on a ramp to remove:

Heatshields under the car
Brake pipes
Gear lever
Handbrake lever and cables

All ready to go away and have 'stuff' welded in...

Car has been in Wales for a few weeks, and hopefully we are going to pick it up next week.

Should have some good pics to post then :)

alien green rs133
cant wait to see pictures, and the finished car at rallies, will it be featured at the legend fires blackpool, north west, what ever it decides to be called this year, stages??? i look forward to seeing it, last time i saw you guys im sure you were there with your mk1 clio and megane at that airfield, god cant think of the name, already started to rip it up and was last time was gonna be used, we finished 3rd overall i think, very hot dusty day though, anyway hope to see something!!! soon!!!

good luck andy

cant wait to see pictures, and the finished car at rallies, will it be featured at the legend fires blackpool, north west, what ever it decides to be called this year, stages??? i look forward to seeing it, last time i saw you guys im sure you were there with your mk1 clio and megane at that airfield, god cant think of the name, already started to rip it up and was last time was gonna be used, we finished 3rd overall i think, very hot dusty day though, anyway hope to see something!!! soon!!!

good luck andy

Yeah at Swinderby, that was a really good result for you :)

Not sure what events we will be doing this year, need to start going futher afield as we seem to be running out of venues round here.

Not sure when it will be finished, first quarter next year I hope.

People keep saying we need to do some events over Epynt so might have to have a look at that...

80MPG BEEZA
you'll find if you use intensive tar remover it will clean any leftover tar smears off the floor, and i hope you heated the tar up before the kids removed it unless you will have been the hours!!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
did you manage to get a fibreglass bonnet made in the end for a mrk2 psh1? i cant find one :(

did you manage to get a fibreglass bonnet made in the end for a mrk2 psh1? i cant find one :(

Its a phase 2 front end so no :p

It could be worth sending an email to oreca (www.oreca.fr), they might have some. They are like the French version of Demon Tweeks :)

They have a browsable catalogue on their website aswell

Went and fetched the car back today, not given it a good look over yet as it was dark and are busy getting other cars ready till next week.

Also dont want to post many pictures till I can get it tidied up and get some more primer on it.

It has had:

Weld in cage made and fitted with triangulation to the front and rear turrets.
Seat mounts made and fitted
Sill jack tubes fitted
Front suspension turret top changed to get rid of the rubber doughnut
Front suspension fitted
Rear turrets modified for rear suspension and rear suspension fitted.

Will post some good pics of all the work done in a week or so but here is a sneak preview...

At Telford services

DSCF0569.jpg

Front coilovers, with nice and big inserts

DSCF0567.jpg

Rear coilovers

DSCF0568.jpg

alien green rs133
you will want a stronger rear coilover mount on the bottom, a bracket other side of bolt so not relying on bolt not snapping

you will want a stronger rear coilover mount on the bottom, a bracket other side of bolt so not relying on bolt not snapping

It's something we will look at but im fairly sure it will be ok as it is. Decent area to do something with if needed anyway

mk4 golf gttdi180
WISH I COULD FIND A 1.2 16v PH2 CLIO FOR £200!!!! WANT TO PUT A 16v ENGIEN IN MY 8V PH1!!! ANYOEN GOT ANY OTHER CHEAP PH2's?????

Bizarre rear set up!

I think you mean 'ultra awesome'

This is a pic from near the start of what turned out to be a cold and wet weekend. It didnt get any better than this, and ended when something in the gearbox went *clunk* and 4th gear started making very very expensive noises :(

rock07.jpg

It's a bit hard to know where to start now the car is back, but really the first thing to do is get the shell prepped as much as possible, get everything that needs to be welded welded and primed.

Here are the pics from today, took the rear beam off to get it cleaned and painted, and the subframe off so it can be welded, strengthened and painted.

With the wheels off and on sill stands

IMAGEB_00078.jpg

Photo of the rear coilover on the car before the rear beam came off

IMAGEB_00074.jpg

And off the car

IMAGEB_00079.jpg

Here is the top of the turret at the back on the inside, showing where the turret has been modified to fit the width of the coilover, and where the rollcage ties into the turret

IMAGEB_00075.jpg

This is the top of the front strut, which has been modified to fit a flat plate for the top of the coilover and triangulated into the rollcage

IMAGEB_00076.jpg

IMAGEB_00080.jpg

The front coilovers off the car

IMAGEB_00083.jpg

Last couple of pics showing a bit of the rollcage, and the seat mounts

IMAGEB_00077.jpg

IMAGEB_00082.jpg

So, the front subframe came off; hubs, wishbones, ARB and steering rack off it and ready to weld up.

Hopefully after new year we will get some quicker progress going on it :)