ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raw Striker Arrival and Review

Yaris Hybrid
Nice car.

Yeah you can't flat upshift unless you buy one of those kits that momentarily cuts the ignition when you move the gear lever? Dunno if it comes with it as standard?

Best you can do is apply slight pressure to the gear lever and as soon as you start to close the throttle and the load comes off just a tad it will snick into the next gear - no clutch involved. Works on a bike but dunno if the gearbox is different or modified on the car? I'd only do clutchless upshifts when ranting the nuts off it, at other times I'd use the clutch.

I think the number one technique to learn if you haven't already is blipping on down changes!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
I prefer this pic .... ;) ..... mwah !

stiggy.jpg

106 GTi
You can Air Shifter kits for the R1 to allow full throttle clutchless gear changes, not sure if they can be made to work on the car. Looks an awesome bit of kit Si.

Might just be me but that looks horrific. Please tell me you're buying a set of minilites or other decent rims and removing all that tacky writing along the car?

172, Tiguan
mr_merc said:
Might just be me but that looks horrific. Please tell me you're buying a set of minilites or other decent rims and removing all that tacky writing along the car?

Probably worth reading the thread. :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
DarthCake said:
The Metro 6R4 was a legendary car mate!
I know, same engine as an XJ220.
I used to have a GTI MPI but thats a different subject.