ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB Clio 200 Cup Progress Thread

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Nice progress, that's a lot of money your spending on not a cheap car - fair play to you!

Z4 Coupe
Car looks lovely. RB is just magic! Keep looking at the orange wheels and really cant make my mind up! Other than that, simply bliss!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Is it on the lease deal mate?

If so, whats the story with modding on this basis, ok as long as you put it back to standard after the fixed term?

Yes it is mate, got a great deal through work for 2 years

Yea I'm keeping all the standard parts to go back on at the end

Discounted 1*2 parts
Another update......

The 197 top mount doesn't fit the body of the 200.

So I have been on the phone to demon tweeks this morning to see whether KW list a different top cup for the 200!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ok so I've heard back from KW - and the answer is they don't make a specific kit for the 200's.

So back to standard suspension we go again!

340i
Another update......

The 197 top mount doesn't fit the body of the 200.

So I have been on the phone to demon tweeks this morning to see whether KW list a different top cup for the 200!

Damn! :(

I wouldn't of thought they changed the design over from the 197 > 200???!!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Well coilovers sold - not sure what other options I have, everything on the market seems to be specific to the 197. Tried H&R springs and KW coilovers now!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Well after a big let down on the coilovers I thought I'd treat the car.

Got the front and rear diamonds being sprayed gloss black and the wheel centre caps satin black to match the speedlines.

Will also be debadging the Clio badge too

Discounted 1*2 parts
Right.........time for some pics!

So here is the new dakar clio - taken during the coilover fiasco!

P1030793.jpg

Picture of the KTEC pro exhaust and 888's

P1030794.jpg

And this is why the coilovers won't fit a 200. See the difference in diameter of the top mounts, the one on the left is the 200 mount which is noticably smaller than the 197 mount, which fits snug in the purple coilover cup. Also notice the difference in the triangle bolt spacing which is why I couldn't use the 197 top mounts.

P1030792.jpg

Wheel centre cap with a couple of coats of satin black

P1030798.jpg

Before and after fitting to the wheel

P1030796.jpg

P1030805.jpg

Diamonds after a couple of coats of gloss black

P1030799.jpg

Front RS badge - after it fell of within 2 weeks I decided to stick it back on again, although still not sure I'm going to keep it on!

P1030800.jpg

P1030801.jpg

Front before and after

P1030797.jpg

P1030807.jpg

P1030808.jpg

Rear before and after

P1030795.jpg

P1030803.jpg

P1030802.jpg

E92 325D
Ill have to pop along to a meet and hear it in person. Only round the corner!

The badges....you manage to get the front off without removing the bumper? Im wanting to do mine along with the bullets to go all black and yellow black and yellow

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ill have to pop along to a meet and hear it in person. Only round the corner!

The badges....you manage to get the front off without removing the bumper? Im wanting to do mine along with the bullets to go all black and yellow black and yellow

Want to do my bullets RB with black lettering but want a spare set of bullets to practice on first!

You need to release the top of the bumper (2 10mm screws in the middle by the bonnet catch and 2 plastic plugs at the end) and then pull it up to get access to the 2 torx screws behind the badge.

The badge is only clipped on the base but I found it too tight to prize of without breaking something!

E92 325D
Cheers mate! Love the back one but the front really needs colour coding in the middle. Need a spare pair just incase im not happy with it haha

Discounted 1*2 parts
And not wanting to argue with the 2 people I know who've had KW's fitted to their 200's ......... but I can't see how the small 200 top mount could possibly be save rattling around inside the KW coilover cup. You'd have to guess where the centre was and then hope it doesn't move once fitted!

As said above you can see the internall diameter of the purple cup is a perfect size for the larger 197 top mount, not the smaller 200 mount.

P1030792.jpg

Mondeo TDCI 130
Hey dude, just for the record? my 59 plate cup, had the right hand strut tops!?!?!? one fucked up on me so had to replace it after 2K was creaking!!! How weird! Nice motor by the way! :)

E92 325D
They do seem to change hands almost instantly!

Need to get on KV's case and find out why they dont fit the latest models....maybe even offer yours for trial fitting? ;)

Lad at work says he knows you, mountain biker, works at marshall aerospace, jonothan roberts?

Discounted 1*2 parts
They do seem to change hands almost instantly!

Need to get on KV's case and find out why they dont fit the latest models....maybe even offer yours for trial fitting? ;)

Lad at work says he knows you, mountain biker, works at marshall aerospace, jonothan roberts?

Name doesn't ring a bell but used to work at Grafham Cycling - is that where he knows me from??

Discounted 1*2 parts
Car now back to its former glory after having to have a new door and mirror :(

P1030942.jpg

P1030941.jpg

P1030939.jpg

Some quick pics

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

Also had the centres of the badges painted blue

DSC00556-1.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

Rolling shot from the last Hunstanton meet

P1000015.jpg

Interior as it stands - I have had the centre console and air vents done in the same anthracite colour as the dash strips

DSC00568.jpg

Couple of pics from the Dieppe Factory tour

P1030965.jpg

P1030966.jpg

DSC00755-1.jpg

DSC00775-1.jpg