ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB Clio 200 Cup Progress Thread

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Looks good. Think the 197s wheels need spacers though as the look totally lost in the arches.

Lowering it probably would help though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Spacers won't f*ck up the handling in any way that you'd notice.

How do you think the racers run?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Spacers won't f*ck up the handling in any way that you'd notice.

How do you think the racers run?

Everything I've read says they do. Something to do with the perfo hub nonsense. iirc gaz had spacers on the 197, ripped them off very quickly.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on them wheels, better than i thought they would look though.

I'd have gone red though :eek:

clio 197 cup
the speedlines that the racers use are slightly wider than the road speedlines. no spacers on the racers

Discounted 1*2 parts
Did my first track day at Beford Autodrome on the 28th February. Was a great day out if not a bit cold!!

Didn't manage to get any on track pics and I wasn't prepared to pay the price for the professional photo's when there was only 1 I really liked!

Edition 30
Did my first track day at Beford Autodrome on the 28th February. Was a great day out if not a bit cold!!

Didn't manage to get any on track pics and I wasn't prepared to pay the price for the professional photo's when there was only 1 I really liked!

Great track!

You do full circuit?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Fitted the standard wheels back on and took some photo's today :)

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00270-1.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00415-1.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

Edition 30
Drove a Porsche 996 round there on a driving experience day.

Did you see any of the stripped out Clio's?

R26
Me and the missus saw this today when we came in today, looks good! cheeky trip down raf upwood i see ;)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Got Cadwell booked at the end of april and prob gunna book the Renault sport one at Brands in September. If funds allow I'll do a few more in the middle too!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Got a set of Toyo 888's fitted today and hopefully got some KW V1 coilovers on their way too!

Cadwell Park booked for the 27/4 so can't wait!

More pics will follow

340i
Nice progress...

your not hanging around with the modifactions are you!!

What about the warranty? ha.. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still looks stunning mate, Orange wheels clash so badly. Tracked though so i'll let you off!

Keep up the good work and i've always loved those steering wheels.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Still looks stunning mate, Orange wheels clash so badly. Tracked though so i'll let you off!

Keep up the good work and i've always loved those steering wheels.

Standard wheels are back on and the orange wheels have been sold because I disliked them so badly lol

Got to keep my eye out for some Cup Racer speedlines which are 8J width so pull off the 225 tyre a bit better. However whilst the 888's have 5mm on them they are perfectly fine for the road.

Will get some more wheels when the tyres aproach 1.6mm

Discounted 1*2 parts
Couple of pics of the tyres which were picked up from Hull.

KGrHqYOKjwE09f3oU91BNgq9kdiw_12.jpg

KGrHqUOKooE1z2kNsmbBNgqzro1g_12.jpg

Picked up some KW V1's last night. So after a 380 mile round trip to St Helens in the work van here they are - will be fitting them this week.

I'd like to point out the dent in the back door wasn't me :D

P1000463.jpg

P1000460.jpg

P1000461.jpg

P1000462.jpg

After a wash

P1000464.jpg

And a polish up!

P1000465.jpg

P1000467.jpg

53 Clio 172
This is really coming on now Tom and the steering wheel looks sweet! Great to see you went for KW's

I will have to book my car in for somthing else because I want to have the new van this time ;)

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
very nice , these and the 197 are growing on me really fast,

at 1st i was like , no , no , no

and now i leaning that way very much,

Discounted 1*2 parts
Well.........

Attempted to fit the coilovers today, and after being told countless times that 197 and 200 suspension setups are the same - you're wrong!

The 200 top mounts are smaller in diameter so they don't fill the top coilover cup and the rear shock piston has a larger diameter so it doesn't fit through the 200 bushes!

So I've ordered a couple of 197 top mounts and rear shocks for tomorrow to try! If not its back to standard...........again!