ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RDR's CS Camping Trip 5th July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Sunglasses_Ron

Did you mention gazebo before?

I was thinking of picking up one of these.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30242026/

Yeah I've got one to bring with me, albeit a bit tatty.

I just know I'm going to like you RDR!! lol

I'm sure you will! I'm lovely! lol :)

Ask him to tell you a few of his 90's stories,
I honestly have no idea how that man was allowed to become a copper. lol

lol I'll write a book one day mate.

Looking forward to the pics but due to unforeseen circumstances I won't be able to make this one :(

Ahh mate gutted you can't make it . Hope to catch you at CSS ;)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
My BBQ tools have gone walkies somewhere so after a day of searching, I did what any good man does. I replaced them!

Got a new coolbox whilst I was there too.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Trying to decide whether to just sleep in my car, or to bother setting up the tent. Hmmm.

I honestly don't know how anyone can sleep in a car (unless it's an estate).

It's just mental uncomfortable.

Set your tent up as soon as you arrive and get it out the way. You'll be glad of it when your crawling to it in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

:)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The sun rises at 4, so if we're up until 2 or later getting hammered, in no time at all it'll be morning,
that's if you even go to sleep, if I can manage to keep my stomach contents on the inside
I might just play last man standing, well sitting in my case,
sh*t goes wrong when I try and stand up.

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S sport
The sun rises at 4, so if we're up until 2 or later getting hammered, in no time at all it'll be morning,
that's if you even go to sleep, if I can manage to keep my stomach contents on the inside

I will attempt to stay awake for the whole evening this time, not just bits of it!

I've had a final couple of practices of packing up the tent, and I'm good to go.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

I outlasted everybody last year, you've got me to beat. And the soulless don't need sleep.

Mini Cooper S sport
I haven't even seen the one i'm using yet, let alone had a go at setting it up.

Well because mine's a pop-up (and a pretty big one at that), there's a real knack to packing it away. I'm glad I practised otherwise I'd have been there for fecking hours trying to do it!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I had to get a YouTube vid up the first time I tried packing away a pop up tent,
without a smart phone it'd still be in Tony Hunters garden.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Im leaving the tent stuff to TEG, I'll stick to drinking and maybe some cooking haha!

I honestly don't know how anyone can sleep in a car (unless it's an estate).

It's just mental uncomfortable.

Set your tent up as soon as you arrive and get it out the way. You'll be glad of it when your crawling to it in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

:)
I slept in my car once, didn't mind it tbh. I'll tell you the story on sat.

PS, I'll need feeding, 27 burgers should do it ;) Who do I have to tell ? I don't want to ponce.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a 2 person pop up tent today from Millets, was only 30 quids. Eurohike Pop 200.

Got some pegs and a mallet too. Should be fun.

Listerine & Poledo
First sign on feeling spun out, I'm getting straight into my Michelin-man sleep suit. Worst case scenario I'll just sleep on the grass next to a can I knock over, emptying itself into my hair.
Totes class

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Bring a sleeping bag, a roll of bin bags and a roll of gaffa tape
and i'll teach you how to make Ray Mears style one man survival shelter/tent,
I made one at Glasonbury back in the 90's and I was drier than all my mates in their waterproof tents.

We'll just need to find a few decent branches.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bring a sleeping bag, a roll of bin bags and a roll of gaffa tape
and i'll teach you how to make Ray Mears style one man survival shelter/tent,
I made one at Glasonbury back in the 90's and I was drier than all my mates in their waterproof tents.

We'll just need to find a few decent branches.

Did you once make a sleeping bag from bin liners ?

I never knew that Dave. You definitely haven't mentioned it 4,344 times on the forum .

Why don't you tell us more about it? I'd love to hear about your temporary sleeping arrangements. Again.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

I never knew that Dave. You definitely haven't mentioned it 4,344 times on the forum .

Why don't you tell us more about it? I'd love to hear about your temporary sleeping arrangements. Again.

Do you want to know about the time I gaffa taped a binbag round some c*nts head while he was sleeping?

Never mind i'll just show you, well more accurately i'll show everyone else.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Someone got out the wrong side of the bin bag this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.