ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re fitted standard steering wheel now having trouble

172 cup
I apologise for the stupidity in advance but I'm sat here scratching my head ive re fitted the standard steering wheel to my cup but when I'm driving the wheel is proper on the piss sat at about 7oclock now that can't be the tracking out that much surely ? Or is there specific splines the wheel should be seated in ?

172 cup
I've only had mine off once to fit my OMP boss, from memory there's a fatter spline at the bottom (6 o'clock) that you line up.

Ok mate I'll try that God knows how ive managed to get the wheel to fit without it being in the correct splines

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Ok mate I'll try that God knows how ive managed to get the wheel to fit without it being in the correct splines

Actually, fatter spline is at the top!

zoom in:

clio-172-thumb-grips-and-badge1-1024x768.jpg

Thinking about it, I still have no idea how you've done it. :smile::smile:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
big spline at the top, smaller splines at 120 and 240 degrees. It should only go on one way so you much have forced it.

Easy fix though!