ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brakes

Fiesta ST3
ok, ive got some brand new rear brakes disks for my 172cup, but im unsure of what people mean when they talk about 'bearings' in this context? Do you need new bearings in order to fit the new disks?

All this stems from this page: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2126&appid=2. Mainly because it says " includes bearings".

As you can probably tell im quite confused, any help would be appreciated!

thanks guys

Iirc genuine discs come with the bearings already pressed into the discs (like the ktec ones) you will need to get some bearings and have them pressed in if the ones you have got haven't already got them.

Fiesta ST3
right ok, I can't see any bearings (I don't think).

Where would they go?

Heres a pic of both sides of one of my disks:

Photo015-2.jpg

Photo016-2.jpg

Fiesta ST3
ahhh ok, does anywhere offer this type of service? or are the disks worthless?

cheers for your help Jack:)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Genuine ones from reanult, discs, with bearings already pressed in and ABS rings alread attached for £100, don't know why anyone buys anything else.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats not to bad, but for me personally i couldn't buy and get bearings pressed in for less than the price of new discs.

Fiesta ST3
might whack them up on fleebay, or the for sale section on here and cut my losses with them,

Cheers for your help though!:)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I sell Brembo rear discs with bearings already pressed in at factory (no abs ring but as you have a 172 cup you obviously dont need it) for £79 posted.

cheers

George

172 cup
I sell Brembo rear discs with bearings already pressed in at factory (no abs ring but as you have a 172 cup you obviously dont need it) for £79 posted.

cheers

George

Might take you up on that. Can you pm me a price delivered to cambridge with pads if u do them. Ive seen them up at 95 for a pair with pads