ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing steering wheel - a few q's the search didnt solve...

Clio 1.5 DCI
I've got as far as unclipping the airbag from the wheel, but how do the electric connections disconnect? They look very fragile and dont want to brake them. Do you sqeeze either side of them or pop them with a scew driver?

Also, the main T50 bolt in the centre, haynes says you need to replace this once un-done... is this true? or can it be re-used?

Cheers,
Dan

M2 Competition
You can reuse the T50 bolt, and as far as i remember, the connectors are just little metal plugs, pull them out (am i thinking of the same one, not removed a wheel for a couple of years?)

Clio 1.5 DCI
Thanks guys. My connections must be different, has no amount of pulling will prise them apart. Look like a plastic saftey connection that has to be prised apart!? will post a pic later if i still have no joy!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thanks guys. My connections must be different, has no amount of pulling will prise them apart. Look like a plastic saftey connection that has to be prised apart!? will post a pic later if i still have no joy!
On mine, the plugs just went straight into the back of the airbag, easy to disconnect.

Megane dci 130
theres a piece of plastic you have to pull out the back of the connector 1st. then you can pull it out. :)