ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio mk3 p2 (2011) left wheel offset and pitched back

Renault Clio MK3 P2
Hi All,
After losing control on a slippery road I managed to hit the nearside (passenger side) on a large wooden fence post, there was a large amount of cosmetic damage however my one fear and worry is my left (passenger) wheel. The wheel is now significantly pushed back (just misses hitting the arch when full lock turn) and is also pitched to the left when steering wheel is set straight which means when driving i have to steer towards the right. My thoughts are maybe the lower control arm is bent but I dont really know and wanted to hear other peoples opinions and experiences.

Land Rover
Well you just need to remove the wheel and have a look, with that amount of mis alignment any damage should be visible.

Land Rover
Lower arm as you suggest and possibly track rod bent as well.
I replaced the lower arm on my Clio MK2 last month due to an advisory on the MOT
It’s not that difficult a job.

Renault Clio MK3 P2
Lower arm as you suggest and possibly track rod bent as well.
I replaced the lower arm on my Clio MK2 last month due to an advisory on the MOT
It’s not that difficult a job.

Oh okay, I plan to look at it maybe on Tuesday and will probably buy a new control arm and then replace it with a friend, is it just a straight swap unbolting the current one and fitting the new one

Land Rover
Pretty much, there’s a bolt going through the vertical link that holds the outer ball joint in place, this bolt needs to be removed completely before the ball joint will come off.
On mine this bolt was seized in and took some removing! Also the ball joint didn’t want to come out even after the bolt was fully removed, it needed a ball joint splitter and lump hammer to shift it.